Sibleys girlfriend attacked.

Rev

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Saw that last night. It makes you feel so helpless. 

Can't believe a woman would collude with this man, maybe she is bullied into it? 

As usual, cctv is pretty useless, hope the police have better photos than that.

And maybe she goaded him into it. I ve seen that before. Regardless they both need locking up.

Absolute vermin. Hope it's just superficial and that she makes a speedy recovery and isn't too traumatised by such a horrible experience. Shocking stuff, poor lass ?

Its not like in the movies. Punching people out is incredibly dangerous because if you lose consciousness and your head hits the pavement it could easily be fatal. Really really hope they catch these scumbags and hit them with the maximum punishment allowable.

3 hours ago, seths-cap said:

The best form of martial arts for a female I would argue would be Jiu Jitsu but I don’t think there’s many martial arts that can prepare you for dealing with 2 on 1. Maybe if you’ve got a size/ability advantage but overall in these situations I was alway advised to run. 

Hopefully her mental and physical bruises will fade quickly and it won’t dent her confidence. 

I've actually taught self defence to women and the first form for any defence is basically get out of there, scream, shout, run. Only fight as a last resort.  Sadly, no matter how good you may be, unless you get the first hit in it's a lottery from there and when it's a woman against an animal like that; two of them in this case, then there's not much she, or an average guy could do to be honest.  Jiu Jitsu is a great MA but as a basic self defence for anyone, not just women, go for the soft areas especially groin, throat, upper lip (grab hard and twist), nose and of course eyes. Stamp down their shin, or on to their foot as hard as you can, especially if you have heels on.  And use your elbows if in close.  Jab your elbow up into his face as hard as you can and even for a small girl, you can drop a full grown man that way. There is no such thing as a clean fight especially when defending yourself against animals.  

I really hope they're caught. Absolute scum.  Doubt it's their first such offence and if they're not caught, it won't be their last.   But more importantly, I really hope she recovers, mentally and physically.

21 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

I've actually taught self defence to women and the first form for any defence is basically get out of there, scream, shout, run. Only fight as a last resort.  Sadly, no matter how good you may be, unless you get the first hit in it's a lottery from there and when it's a woman against an animal like that; two of them in this case, then there's not much she, or an average guy could do to be honest.  Jiu Jitsu is a great MA but as a basic self defence for anyone, not just women, go for the soft areas especially groin, throat, upper lip (grab hard and twist), nose and of course eyes. Stamp down their shin, or on to their foot as hard as you can, especially if you have heels on.  And use your elbows if in close.  Jab your elbow up into his face as hard as you can and even for a small girl, you can drop a full grown man that way. There is no such thing as a clean fight especially when defending yourself against animals.  

I really hope they're caught. Absolute scum.  Doubt it's their first such offence and if they're not caught, it won't be their last.   But more importantly, I really hope she recovers, mentally and physically.

The idea of a women having to go up against a man, yet alone another woman as well makes me go cold inside.

Like you say, in that situation make as much noise as possible and draw attention, whilst moving away as quick as possible if you can.

Attempting anything like eye pokes, throat shots etc for me is a waste of time, you’ve lost the most important thing which is the distance between you. If that distance has already gone then by all means poke away.

In a one on one situation when you’re at a size disadvantage I’d choose Jiu Jitsu every time. Add in those sort of techniques you mentioned like throat shots and such once they opportunities arise but the moment you create yourself some time, run.

28 minutes ago, seths-cap said:

The idea of a women having to go up against a man, yet alone another woman as well makes me go cold inside.

Like you say, in that situation make as much noise as possible and draw attention, whilst moving away as quick as possible if you can.

Attempting anything like eye pokes, throat shots etc for me is a waste of time, you’ve lost the most important thing which is the distance between you. If that distance has already gone then by all means poke away.

In a one on one situation when you’re at a size disadvantage I’d choose Jiu Jitsu every time. Add in those sort of techniques you mentioned like throat shots and such once they opportunities arise but the moment you create yourself some time, run.

Partly agree - I get where you're coming from, but I wouldn't say they're a waste of time, they are however a last resort as once you are in close you're incredibly vulnerable.  But IF you are in close be as nasty as possible.  And yeah, Jiu Jitsu is extremely effective, but only if you've practised and practised.  If it's not instinctive then in the moment of fear and panic at being attacked, which, let's face it is a pretty scary experience, most of what you've been told goes out the window. I did various MAs over a 30+ year period (Karate, Taekwondo, Win Chun, plus some Aikido / Ninjutsu, but the one I least liked was Judo simply because you had to get in close which I hated due to making myself so vulnerable.  

23 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Partly agree - I get where you're coming from, but I wouldn't say they're a waste of time, they are however a last resort as once you are in close you're incredibly vulnerable.  But IF you are in close be as nasty as possible.  And yeah, Jiu Jitsu is extremely effective, but only if you've practised and practised.  If it's not instinctive then in the moment of fear and panic at being attacked, which, let's face it is a pretty scary experience, most of what you've been told goes out the window. I did various MAs over a 30+ year period (Karate, Taekwondo, Win Chun, plus some Aikido / Ninjutsu, but the one I least liked was Judo simply because you had to get in close which I hated due to making myself so vulnerable.  

I don’t disagree that those techniques have a place but the one thing you should never do is give away the biggest advantage you have which is distance. 

To be honest I think all the materials you mentioned combined aren’t any where near as use full as Judo. 

The perfect blend in my opinion is boxing/Thai boxing/judo/JJ & wrestling.

Most the others you mentioned are far too kick orientated, kicks can be caught, your base exposed and reduce your ability to create space. They’d only be useful on someone with little to no experience.

Judo can be adopted perfectly to street fights, how often do you see people grab?? It’s in almost every street fight you see. I’d happily let someone grab me, it will end up with very short flying lesson and soon after a nap. 

Edited by seths-cap

12 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

He and the women will go down most like for 6 to 7 years each but if I was Sebley I go the damages so I be sueing them as well for every single last penny they have got.

But this will mental dammage girlfriend for years and years to come I know this has got bullied beaten up but I was to tiny to fight back as 11 I was in 5 to 6 hear old clothes.

Back on topic she will most likely jump at every little bang and that is understandably she has a long hard fight ahead try get fully better but I hope that she better soon.

If selby is reading this we all on here Hope's that police get those scum bags that this to her. 

Keep strong selby and derby fans on here all with you and for her also.

Three years tops for GBH.

4 hours ago, angieram said:

Saw that last night. It makes you feel so helpless. 

Can't believe a woman would collude with this man, maybe she is bullied into it? 

As usual, cctv is pretty useless, hope the police have better photos than that.

There's a Gregg's, Tesco's and the Coach and Horses pub all along that stretch of Upper Parliament street so I would imagine one of them if not all would have their own CCTV camera footage available to use.

23 minutes ago, seths-cap said:

I don’t disagree that those techniques have a place but the one thing you should never do is give away the biggest advantage you have which is distance. 

To be honest I think all the materials you mentioned combined aren’t any where near as use full as Judo. 

Most the others you mentioned are far too kick orientated, kicks can be caught, your base exposed and reduce your ability to create space. They’d only be useful on someone with little to no experience.

Judo can be adopted perfectly to street fights, how often do you see people grab?? It’s in almost every street fight you see. I’d happily let someone grab me, it will end up with very short flying lesson and soon after a nap. 

Krav Maga in a street fight. They will teach a young woman to gouge eyes, use keys etc. But, the first rule of any self-defence, (including Krav Maga and the Kung Fu I did) is don't go where there might be trouble. If there is trouble, walk away and if they follow you, run. Only when they catch you / corner you, then you fight.

Upper parliament street is a notorious hotspot for fights. It's the chavvy end of town. If you go there on a Friday/Saturday night, you've already broken the first rule of self-defence.

33 minutes ago, seths-cap said:

Ha! Which explains why I was banned from competitions as I never kicked above hip height (danger of being caught), went for the knees and also used elbows. Also why I gave up Taekwondo. Our club was also kick out of the KUGB for being too violent. All that really meant is alongside core techniques we taught a lot of  street fighting stuff. Elbows. Knees. Head etc etc.  I think we are on the same page Seth 

54 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Ha! Which explains why I was banned from competitions as I never kicked above hip height (danger of being caught), went for the knees and also used elbows. Also why I gave up Taekwondo. Our club was also kick out of the KUGB for being too violent. All that really meant is alongside core techniques we taught a lot of  street fighting stuff. Elbows. Knees. Head etc etc.  I think we are on the same page Seth 

Best self defence for a lady against thugs

image.png.06631bda37037260d76825826076f58f.png

1 hour ago, NottmRAM said:

Krav Maga in a street fight. They will teach a young woman to gouge eyes, use keys etc. But, the first rule of any self-defence, (including Krav Maga and the Kung Fu I did) is don't go where there might be trouble. If there is trouble, walk away and if they follow you, run. Only when they catch you / corner you, then you fight.

Upper parliament street is a notorious hotspot for fights. It's the chavvy end of town. If you go there on a Friday/Saturday night, you've already broken the first rule of self-defence.

Krav Maga would be brilliant for that, annoyed I didn’t list it. Least amount of energy exerted, maximum damage inflicted. 

I don’t know if she was or wasn’t but in general I’d love to see women avoid wearing heels on a night out, flat shoes with good grip ?

1 hour ago, BucksRam said:

I’ve been wanting to back in to the stand up side of things but I always found it was always so full of meat heads that just wanted to knock lumps out of each other. It can be fun but I think the damage to knowledge ratio can be too often tilted in favour of damage. It’s a shame as I love using elbows and knees in the clinch and it would be nice to practice them on something other then the bag.

I never fell in love with a MA like I did JJ, it literally physical chess, where brains and technique often wins and your able to push so much harder without as much risk of injury. Plus the respect and appreciation between training partners, start with a fist bump end with a fist bump. 

Edited by seths-cap

1 hour ago, NottmRAM said:

She was probably going to catch the Red Arrow home, at that time of night.

1 hour ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Best self defence for a lady against thugs

image.png.06631bda37037260d76825826076f58f.png

Too right - can't beat a swing with a heavy handbag....oh, you mean the mace ? 100% agree, although isn't it sad we're even talking about the need for it?

5 hours ago, NottmRAM said:

You've obviously never drunk in The Thurland Hall which is the bottom end of Hockley.

Or the Dog and Partridge opposite the Vic Centre. Or the Bentnick Hotel before it got turned into a coffee shop which was opposite the station.

The rough, crap pubs in Nottingham are not just confined to Upper Parliament Street.