New Kits 22-23 Season

SparxTheRam

Just been in to look at the kits, for me this is an area that needs improving on. Whilst each kit is nice enough, there’s no thought process behind them imo. 

The home kit, the 3 items, 2 are all black. The away kit, 3 items, 2 are all black and one is dark green. Out of the 3 kits none of the socks are light coloured/white. 

The away kit, with the home how it is, should be a direct opposite so a dark top, light shorts and light socks. The 3rd kit should be something quirky or one to split the opinion. 

15 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

Just been in to look at the kits, for me this is an area that needs improving on. Whilst each kit is nice enough, there’s no thought process behind them imo. 

The home kit, the 3 items, 2 are all black. The away kit, 3 items, 2 are all black and one is dark green. Out of the 3 kits none of the socks are light coloured/white. 

The away kit, with the home how it is, should be a direct opposite so a dark top, light shorts and light socks. The 3rd kit should be something quirky or one to split the opinion. 

As long as "quirky" does not mean vile fluorescent green I could go with this. 

(Asking nicely, could we have the Argentina strip back as a 3rd strip - pretty please)

I am looking forward to seeing them in the club shop tomorrow. That will be the litmus test for me. It's not always easy to decide how good (or bad) they look online. However, just to slightly disagree with myself, I do like the look of the away shirt.

26 minutes ago, Yoxoram said:

I am looking forward to seeing them in the club shop tomorrow. That will be the litmus test for me. It's not always easy to decide how good (or bad) they look online. However, just to slightly disagree with myself, I do like the look of the away shirt.

in person the red one is by far the nicest imo, it has a bit of textured detail in the material. the home tyre marks look better in the flesh, the black and green looks too much like a training top for me. all would be improved by a sponsor. home keepers kit is smart.

On 06/10/2022 at 10:16, Ram@Lincoln said:

Just put an order through for my lad though with gritted teeth on the price (£60 with a name and number!). Despite it saying free delivery, they're charging a "handling" fee of £0.99. If you're advertising free delivery, actually offer do free delivery. It's like buying a concert ticket and having to pay a booking fee, handling fee, venue fee, etc that adds on another £15/20 each time.

Think the handling fee is because of fanatics running the shop now. 

I've been tempted (no more than that, for now!) with the green/black shirt. 
Defo need to see it in the flesh first (tomorrow), but whilst I like to think I'm not tight (115€ for that Bob Marley Ajax shirt to be delivered to Derby last year, anyone?) I just have this nagging suspicion that this green shirt just might not be quite fantastic enough to warrant £55.  I hate myself for even suspecting that might be the case, in all honesty.

Let's see what tomorrow brings... or doesn't bring!  ?

28 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Think of this all money being taken in could help  bring new players through the door mate.

Yeah.. Sorry about that mate.  
It's part of my cost-cutting regime, as not all of us qualify for help at Asda cafe, or the Iceland pensioner discount!  

I appreciate what you're saying, but we all have limits... even you, I suspect, otherwise you'd have beaten Mr Clowes to saving the club.

??

I haven't bought a replica shirt for a long time (kids grown up now)..... but seems odd that some folk are disappointed there is no sponsor on the shirt ? Personally, I support DCFC and love to see the Ram on a stylish shirt. Not interested in seeing some tacky fast food provider or grubby betting firm plastered all over the merchandise. Just my opinion. 

42 minutes ago, europia said:

I haven't bought a replica shirt for a long time (kids grown up now)..... but seems odd that some folk are disappointed there is no sponsor on the shirt ? Personally, I support DCFC and love to see the Ram on a stylish shirt. Not interested in seeing some tacky fast food provider or grubby betting firm plastered all over the merchandise. Just my opinion. 

Many of us have grown up with football shirts that have sponsors on.

Liverpool, Carlsberg

Man United, Sharp

Newcastle, Newcastle Brown Ale

Arsenal, JVC

You have an original shirt of the above and you're looking at decent money now to buy one, they are classic shirts and the sponsor is part of them.

Ok, gambling sponsors are controversial, yet some kids will look back at the Lampard bounce, the 32 Red Rooney with fond memories in years to come.

Football shirts without sponsors these days just don't look right as sad as that may sound to some that grew up before sponsorships.

49 minutes ago, europia said:

But if you just like the ram on a nice shirt, then there are loads of nice shirt options in the shop, for a fraction of the price of the official kit. 

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

But if you just like the ram on a nice shirt, then there are loads of nice shirt options in the shop, for a fraction of the price of the official kit. 

That’s been my approach for a decade or so. The odd polo, and a fair few training tops. 
I prefer the sponsor-less look… the cost (saving) is a bonus. 

2 hours ago, David said:

Many of us have grown up with football shirts that have sponsors on.

Liverpool, Carlsberg

Man United, Sharp

Newcastle, Newcastle Brown Ale

Arsenal, JVC

You have an original shirt of the above and you're looking at decent money now to buy one, they are classic shirts and the sponsor is part of them.

Ok, gambling sponsors are controversial, yet some kids will look back at the Lampard bounce, the 32 Red Rooney with fond memories in years to come.

Football shirts without sponsors these days just don't look right as sad as that may sound to some that grew up before sponsorships.

I’m the same generation as you and I used to not mind sponsors on shirts but I don’t like them anymore (especially if it’s something I don’t agree with like betting or alcohol).  The shirts look far nicer without. I purposely bought our shirts without sponsors the last few seasons (if I can find them).

The big red Just Eat logo put me off buying some of our shirts all together because I thought it was just an eyesore and totally dominated the shirt.