New Kits 22-23 Season

SparxTheRam

One random season in the 1800s aside, we’ve only ever had two stints of navy shorts; during the first spell we won two league titles, and in the second we won the second division and finished 5th in the top flight.

Switching back to black shorts in 1978 we were relegated in 1980. Switched to black again in 1989 and we were relegated in 1991.

I’m telling you, forget the gypsy curse, it’s the f****** black shorts! They’re a proper Jonah! ?

On 01/08/2022 at 12:52, StaffsRam said:

One random season in the 1800s aside, we’ve only ever had two stints of navy shorts; during the first spell we won two league titles, and in the second we won the second division and finished 5th in the top flight.

Switching back to black shorts in 1978 we were relegated in 1980. Switched to black again in 1989 and we were relegated in 1991.

I’m telling you, forget the gypsy curse, it’s the f****** black shorts! They’re a proper Jonah! ?

Can’t argue with the stats and the logic. I just can’t bring myself to agree. Could we have a mostly black home kit, and then navy shorts white shirts as an away kit. Would that satisfy the gods?

28 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Can’t argue with the stats and the logic. I just can’t bring myself to agree. Could we have a mostly black home kit, and then navy shorts white shirts as an away kit. Would that satisfy the gods?

Someone suggested that a couple of years ago. Shortly afterwards COVID hit and later we were plunged into administration, barely surviving by the skin of our teeth.

I may or may not be lying, but it’s not worth risking the wrath of the white shirt/navy shorts Gods…

1 hour ago, StaffsRam said:

Someone suggested that a couple of years ago. Shortly afterwards COVID hit and later we were plunged into administration, barely surviving by the skin of our teeth.

I may or may not be lying, but it’s not worth risking the wrath of the white shirt/navy shorts Gods…

Could we have it as our home kit, but then just never where it. Like it’s officially the home kit, but really the third kit?

We didn't. They were still blue. A bit darker, but defo blue. 

13 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

We didn't. They were still blue. A bit darker, but defo blue. 

I consulted the oracle in these matters, the Dulux colour chart, and that says they were closer to Black than Oxford Blue. You can’t argue with Dulux, it’s like telling Tetleys how to make tea bags…. ?‍♂️ 

Now, please refrain from attempting to derail my agenda to bring the navy shorts back with your facts ?

3 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

I consulted the oracle in these matters, the Dulux colour chart, and that says they were closer to Black than Oxford Blue. You can’t argue with Dulux, it’s like telling Tetleys how to make tea bags…. ?‍♂️ 

Now, please refrain from attempting to derail my agenda to bring the navy shorts back with your facts ?

Never an intention to derail mate... 

... More a double check on my fading eyesight.... ?

• 2 weeks later...

Nope. Navy mate, through to 89. Never flipped and flopped. 

• 1 month later...