On Going Punishments

1of4

6 minutes ago, Crewton said:

First season, we can spend up to 70%, unless the EFL business plan for us says different. 

Sure I read there was no leeway for relegated sides, the only exception being a player signed before September in the relegated season on a 3 year or more deal would be exempt from wage bill restrictions?

19 minutes ago, David said:

Sure I read there was no leeway for relegated sides, the only exception being a player signed before September in the relegated season on a 3 year or more deal would be exempt from wage bill restrictions?

From the EFL FFP rules:

12 Former Championship Clubs

12.1 The SCMP requirement for a Former Championship Club shall, in its first season as a League One Club, be amended such that the Club’s Player Related Expenditure (as defined in Appendix B) shall not exceed:

12.1.1 75% of the Club’s Relevant Turnover (as defined in paragraph 1 of Appendix A) for the Reporting Period, plus

12.1.2 100% of the Club’s Football Fortune Income (as defined in Paragraph 2 of Appendix A) for the Reporting Period.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if they've amended them yet again! 

33 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

Where do you get £300 million from? Sky TV / Premier guarantees £105 million, plus £400k for every time the club is at home on live Sky Football. So let's say 6 home games x £400k = another £2.4 million.

The club also receives another £400k for every position the team finishes in the Premier, so a team which finishes bottom they get £400k and a team who finishes top receive £8 million.

If a club gets relegated after just one season, they receive another £60 million spread over 3 seasons.

So a team finishing bottom will receive £105m + £400k + £60m = £162,800,000. Of course, this doesn't take into account increased season tickets and other merchandise revenue during one season in the premier, which I suppose you could add another £30 million.

It would probably be nearer £200 million for one season, followed by 3 seasons in the Championship. 

£300 mill for surviving one season in the Prem was the figure given out by an “Expert” on sky. Can you believe yo get extra parachute money if you don’t get relegated the first season!!!!

18 minutes ago, David said:

60% of some income (75% for a club just relegated), 100% of others

The 60/75% is basically the 'fixed income' - STs, league distributions, sponsorship deals, etc

The 100% is the one off income - Cup money, owner injection, net transfer fees.

It is also player related expenditure, rather than overall club wage bill (coaches and backroom staff excluded). Wages, signing on fees, bonuses, expenses, NI, tax, pensions are all included. If a player picks up a serious injury and rule them out for the season, their wages will then be excluded. Player-coaches will only have 50% of wages assigned.

8 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

£300 mill for surviving one season in the Prem was the figure given out by an “Expert” on sky. Can you believe yo get extra parachute money if you don’t get relegated the first season!!!!

Something like £105m first season for finishing 17th, £95m for 2nd season finishing bottom, then £95m in parachute payments if staying in the Championship for 3 years

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

60% of some income (75% for a club just relegated), 100% of others

The 60/75% is basically the 'fixed income' - STs, league distributions, sponsorship deals, etc

The 100% is the one off income - Cup money, owner injection, net transfer fees.

It is also player related expenditure, rather than overall club wage bill (coaches and backroom staff excluded). Wages, signing on fees, bonuses, expenses, NI, tax, pensions are all included. If a player picks up a serious injury and rule them out for the season, their wages will then be excluded. Player-coaches will only have 50% of wages assigned.

Remember when football was just watching and hoping the ball hits the net? ?

On 27/05/2022 at 12:43, Oldben said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/kieran-maguire-hints-at-potential-derby-county-supporter-discontent-following-chris-kirchners-takeover/

None of this is surprising.

I don't expect derby to be promoted next season.

I don't expect derby to be competitive next season, the team has to have a complete rebuild.

Derby will have many weak areas, that I feel certain will not be strengthened by loan players willing to play in League 1 or by over the hill free agents that were not already snapped up by championship teams.

I think derby have 3 years in League 1, while the debt to creditors is repaid.

Not sure any of this matters, as it least there will be a club.

sky storm GIF  What a joyless world you live in

14 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Two, the other being Arsenal 

Three - Forest Green Rovers

Edit - seen GoC post about FGR being named after an area of the town of Nailsworth, which I hadn't realised.

Crystal Palace, Arsenal and even Port Vale take their names from places too, though not places of habitation.

Edited by Crewton