On Going Punishments

1of4

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Just to add to this, we won’t be starting the season with the team that ended last season.

The new team will be playing together for the first time and so may well find catching up with more established teams tricky.

We shouldn’t be surprised if we start slowly. 

We have to have faith in the management team that we will have future success.

Rooney will have them ready and to go I think most will be still be here and one thing lot of them have said they want to win league one next season.

14 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Let’s hope Nixon’s sources know their stuff.

As has been mentioned a few times now, the right recruitment doesn’t necessarily mean spending loads of money (we’ve already disproved that myth on our way to the current predicament the club is in).

Multiple factors will dictate a players decision to sign for a club, yes money is a big motivator due to their short careers, but facilities will come into (state of the art training and recovery kit, good stadium, big ish crowd), Rooney will have some pull also, the chance to play more regularly etc etc.

If we can build a solid side that is more than the sum of it’s parts, using frees and loans, potentially a couple of modest fees then we could compete next year. Say he manages to convince some of the current squad to stay and adds a few more, like a goal scorer or two, what about that says we couldn’t compete? 

Overall spend, roughly translated as a proportion of expected revenue, and numbers, translated as squad size.

Plucking numbers out of the air, probably £12m and a squad of 25.

5 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Just to add to this, we won’t be starting the season with the team that ended last season.

The new team will be playing together for the first time and so may well find catching up with more established teams tricky.

We shouldn’t be surprised if we start slowly. 

We have to have faith in the management team that we will have future success.

I’m a realist about how tough next year may be and don’t expect us to “walk the league” or anything like that. 
I think the point made above is why it’s so important to retain a core of the current squad if possible, some continuity in playing staff will theoretically help others settle quicker, adapt to their surroundings, and get used to what the staff are asking of the team.

We’re definitely going to lose a chunk of the squad, however in my view if we can keep Allsop, Davies, Ravel, Cashin and a couple of others on top of the 6 who are contracted it’s a solid enough foundation to build on.

4 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’m a realist about how tough next year may be and don’t expect us to “walk the league” or anything like that. 
I think the point made above is why it’s so important to retain a core of the current squad if possible, some continuity in playing staff will theoretically help others settle quicker, adapt to their surroundings, and get used to what the staff are asking of the team.

We’re definitely going to lose a chunk of the squad, however in my view if we can keep Allsop, Davies, Ravel, Cashin and a couple of others on top of the 6 who are contracted it’s a solid enough foundation to build on.

Look we can win the league one I know in my bones.

28 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Overall spend, roughly translated as a proportion of expected revenue, and numbers, translated as squad size.

Transfer fees alone or I imagine including wages?

If just transfer fees, let's blow it all on one player. It's the Derby way ?

35 minutes ago, David said:

Yeah, I think a slow start is pretty much a given with the amount of new faces around the place. Opening game of the season is at the end of July isn’t it? He’s going to have maybe 6 weeks absolute tops to create a team and on board with how he wants to play. That’s a tough ask.

Just thought though, you do you @B4ev6is, ignore me, all I would say is just don’t expect us all to fall in line with the we’re going to win the league talk just yet. 

I agree. I really don't expect this to be easy at all. I think a slowish start and gathering a bit of momentum as we go along, possibly with further reinforcements in Jan. I hope they can do well (and I believe that we can with some canny additions) but I don't expect promotion. I don't rule it out because I haven't seen what sort of team we'll put out and we will likely see more departures so need to recruit smartly.

After the last year's traumas I really don't see it as negative to not expect promotion and IMHO it is important not to go loading a huge weight of expectation on the lads. I just want to see us taking teams on with a level playing field without crippling points deductions, embargoes and threats of more hanging over us. Top half perhaps and anything else is a bonus and will be very welcome. Such positivity this year, lets not have a return of grumblers because we're not blowing everyone away and a small section expect this to be a walk in the park.

I can't wait to get stuck in and visit some unfamiliar grounds ?

5 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

I agree. I really don't expect this to be easy at all. I think a slowish start and gathering a bit of momentum as we go along, possibly with further reinforcements in Jan. I hope they can do well (and I believe that we can with some canny additions) but I don't expect promotion. I don't rule it out because I haven't seen what sort of team we'll put out and we will likely see more departures so need to recruit smartly.

After the last year's traumas I really don't see it as negative to not expect promotion and IMHO it is important not to go loading a huge weight of expectation on the lads. I just want to see us taking teams on with a level playing field without crippling points deductions, embargoes and threats of more hanging over us. Top half perhaps and anything else is a bonus and will be very welcome. Such positivity this year, lets not have a return of grumblers because we're not blowing everyone away and a small section expect this to be a walk in the park.

I can't wait to get stuck in and visit some unfamiliar grounds ?

I think rooney aiming for title this season I think he will a few tricks up his sleeve and I bet kirch already phoned rooney I have got it mate.

Get ready for the ride about to begin.

58 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I say I say about 15m and a squad of 30.

1 minute ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

We're trying to run a sustainable club that makes sensible, logical and financially savvy decisions. Having a 30 man squad in League One isn't that, especially if it cost £15m which we wouldn't be allowed or able to spend. 

Well I think it depends on other factors but just say but we need fairly deep team as be in 3 cup competions but I do under stand what you are saying too.

But I cant help be feeling excited now.

1 minute ago, Crewton said:

Yeah, £15m may be do-able as revenue, but 22 man squad and restock the U23s etc is more realistic. 

Plus if we keep all of players that we have had this season then rooney needs make like 13 signing on first teams and the rest on the under 23s that could be called up when needed.

16 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Plus if we keep all of players that we have had this season then rooney needs make like 13 signing on first teams and the rest on the under 23s that could be called up when needed.

B4, down in League 1 we have different rules, you can only spend 60% of your turnover on wages.

Sunderland, huge club for League 1 only spent £13m on wages in 20/21, since then they have cut their squad further.

Not sure you realise what the situation is down there, it’s simply not realistic at all to be keeping the squad we have and then bringing in players to make a squad of 30.

We don’t get given any time to comply as we’ve been relegated, we have to stick to the rules immediately, otherwise we will be looking at points deductions again in the future.

Sorry to continue dampening your spirits, but I just want you to not get your hopes up too much. 

3 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I say I say about 15m and a squad of 30.

TV money for a Div 1 team is around £0.7 mill. A team that gets into the prem and manages to stay for one season gets £300 million . That’s why Mel gambled and took us close to liquidation .

21 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Hopefully the ownership of the club will soon be resolved and we can get on with preparations for next seaon. But with the possibility of more points deductions, along with strict financial spending limits that are being imposed by the ELF. Will we be looking at another season like the one we have just experienced, with the EFL doing everything it can to hamper us?

Will the club be able to put a viable team out, that will be able to compete on an even footing with the other teams in league one?

3 seasons mate. The Efl still have control until the creditors are paid. 

3 more seasons.

4 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I think rooney aiming for title this season I think he will a few tricks up his sleeve and I bet kirch already phoned rooney I have got it mate.

Get ready for the ride about to begin.

As long as they remember bill shankleys first rule of football. Get to 40 points as soon as possible to prevent relegation first, then kick on

12 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

A team that gets into the prem and manages to stay for one season gets £300 million . That’s why Mel gambled and took us close to liquidation .

Where do you get £300 million from? Sky TV / Premier guarantees £105 million, plus £400k for every time the club is at home on live Sky Football. So let's say 6 home games x £400k = another £2.4 million.

The club also receives another £400k for every position the team finishes in the Premier, so a team which finishes bottom they get £400k and a team who finishes top receive £8 million.

If a club gets relegated after just one season, they receive another £60 million spread over 3 seasons.

So a team finishing bottom will receive £105m + £400k + £60m = £162,800,000. Of course, this doesn't take into account increased season tickets and other merchandise revenue during one season in the premier, which I suppose you could add another £30 million.

It would probably be nearer £200 million for one season, followed by 3 seasons in the Championship. 

15 hours ago, David said:

B4, down in League 1 we have different rules, you can only spend 60% of your turnover on wages.

First season, we can spend up to 70%, unless the EFL business plan for us says different.