Season Tickets 2022-23

WystonRam

11 hours ago, sage said:

I did wonder if block H may get held back for mask wearers to get vulnerable people back who wouldn't otherwise renew 

I think you will find they wont be no mask wearing at all even lasts season when suppose to be in place nobody brothered to in force them.

It's a bit too early for a matchday thread imo, but I am encouraged by the ticket prices we have set for Oxford supporters for our first home match.

I wonder if this is our top or middle category? Would be lovely to think we'd cap it at £20, but we may be tempted to Cashin on Sheffield Wednesday, Lincoln and Mansfield when they come to town! 

Prices

Adults£20

Seniors (65+)£15

Young Adult (18-21)£15

Junior (13-17)£10

Child (6-12)£5

Infant (2-5)FREE

15 minutes ago, angieram said:

It's a bit too early for a matchday thread imo, but I am encouraged by the ticket prices we have set for Oxford supporters for our first home match.

I wonder if this is our top or middle category? Would be lovely to think we'd cap it at £20, but we may be tempted to Cashin on Sheffield Wednesday, Lincoln and Mansfield when they come to town! 

Prices

Adults£20

Seniors (65+)£15

Young Adult (18-21)£15

Junior (13-17)£10

Child (6-12)£5

Infant (2-5)FREE

I like how your autocorrect has changed "cash in" to "Cashin"!  

Sign of a full fan and a half, that!  ??

18 minutes ago, angieram said:

Prices

Adults£20

Seniors (65+)£15

Young Adult (18-21)£15

Junior (13-17)£10

Child (6-12)£5

Infant (2-5)FREE

Our corresponding tickets would be in the NE corner, when you take off the ST discount, those seats average at £23 per match. I would estimate that the ticket prices in that area will be £20 for lower grade opposition and £25 for the likes of Sheff Weds.

I disagree with you regarding having a £20 cap, as it would be a kick in the teeth to the near 20,000 season ticket holders and probably illegal after the club advertised the prices as discounted.

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

I hope the ticket prices for Oxford fans is an indicator that we're getting reciprocal arrangements with other teams. The idea of being charged £40 for Hillsborough isn't very appealing, much as I love an away day in Sheffield. 

I thought that there is a ruling whereby the away fans have to be charged the same as the home fans for a corresponding position within the ground. In our case the away fans matching the NE corner. Away tickets at Hillsborough should match the home tickets behind the goal at the opposite end of the ground.

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

I hope the ticket prices for Oxford fans is an indicator that we're getting reciprocal arrangements with other teams. The idea of being charged £40 for Hillsborough isn't very appealing, much as I love an away day in Sheffield. 

I have been to Shef Wed a few times but won’t pay £40 on principle. They stick you at the top of a crumbling stand with dangerously bad exit routes almost as bad as Luton. Makes our away facilities look ultra modern.

21 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I have been to Shef Wed a few times but won’t pay £40 on principle. They stick you at the top of a crumbling stand with dangerously bad exit routes almost as bad as Luton. Makes our away facilities look ultra modern.

Sheffield Wednesday catA* game for equivalent seat is £28

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

I thought that there is a ruling whereby the away fans have to be charged the same as the home fans for a corresponding position within the ground. In our case the away fans matching the NE corner. Away tickets at Hillsborough should match the home tickets behind the goal at the opposite end of the ground.

I think the ruling is that they can't be charged MORE. If clubs agree, they can be charged less. Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.

2 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I think the ruling is that they can't be charged MORE. If clubs agree, they can be charged less. Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.

But why would they charge away fans less than home fans, that wouldn’t go down well with their fans 

1 minute ago, Foreveram said:

But why would they charge away fans less than home fans, that wouldn’t go down well with their fans 

Because it encourages away fans to come, particularly for  midweek games, and our fans get a good deal when we play at their place?

DCFC did it a few years ago with Barnsley iirc and maybe others.

13 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Because it encourages away fans to come, particularly for  midweek games, and our fans get a good deal when we play at their place?

DCFC did it a few years ago with Barnsley iirc and maybe others.

The Barnsley one was a reciprocal arrangement with them where we agreed a price to charge but was also available to their fans. All clubs are allowed to do so many special deals per season ( 4 I think) usually midweek games against lesser opposition hence florists kid for a quid deals. They are not allowed to do more as it would impact season ticket value.

3 hours ago, ram59 said:

Our corresponding tickets would be in the NE corner, when you take off the ST discount, those seats average at £23 per match. I would estimate that the ticket prices in that area will be £20 for lower grade opposition and £25 for the likes of Sheff Weds.

I disagree with you regarding having a £20 cap, as it would be a kick in the teeth to the near 20,000 season ticket holders and probably illegal after the club advertised the prices as discounted.

My season ticket is £372, well below £20 a game. Would be fine with being the price for away fans all season, and any general sale tickets. Think £20 is ample for a league one game of football

7 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

My season ticket is £372, well below £20 a game. Would be fine with being the price for away fans all season, and any general sale tickets. Think £20 is ample for a league one game of football

That’s ok if you intend to go to all or most of the games but if you missed 5 games it would be cheaper to buy individually.

8 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

That’s ok if you intend to go to all or most of the games but if you missed 5 games it would be cheaper to buy individually.

How is that the clubs fault? They can’t take that into consideration when pricing things. Most people miss a couple and just give the ticket to a friend anyway.

4 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

How is that the clubs fault? They can’t take that into consideration when pricing things. Most people miss a couple and just give the ticket to a friend anyway.

Didn’t say it’s anyones fault, it’s just the cheaper you make match day prices,  people will consider if it’s worth buying a season ticket.

20 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

New season tickets for the East and West stands are £468 or just over £20 per game. It would make no sense to purchase a season ticket in that case. I'll also repeat what I said earlier, the club have advertised the season tickets as a percentage saving over match day prices, so they're committed to these prices.

My season ticket is costing just under £18 per game, not much of a saving over £20 for someone, who has held a season ticket for over 40 consecutive years. After missing 2 or 3 games each season, I would be out of pocket. 

I'm all for incentives to fill the ground, but taylor them to benefit season ticket holders (ie; bring a guest for £10 for unattractive games)

Also, by trying to attract more 'fans', what kind of fans will we be attracting? I'd much rather have 25,000 unconditionally backing the team, as opposed to 30,000 with 1,000 moaning at every misplaced pass.