Derby County ownership

IslandExile

Derby County ownership  

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hope CK gets the deal across the line and gets the ground back under club ownership and not in the sweaty palms of any wealthy individuals.

Mike Ashley has long had the funds and finances in place to have resolved our issues and has chosen not too.

This is high end brinkmanship from a successful and extremely ruthless businessman and TBH I find it difficult to criticise this stance. The reason being we must take in to consideration that MA currently has no attachment to DCFC unlike the rest of us!

You don’t get from where MA has come from to where he is now without being brutal in his business dealings.

My biggest fear I f MA wins is successful in taking over DCFC instead of CK we will no doubt start on  -15 points next season as in IMHO he will pay as little as possible for our club (less than £0.25 in the pound to our creditors) and for that reason I hope CK gets the deal done.

7 hours ago, Yani P said:

I'm still hoping Ashey never gets anywhere near owning our club, just needs Morris to find a conscience and CK will be our new owner.

I`m not 100% convinced MM is the problem right now.

What I mean by that is not the situation that he created, but the complicated nature of a major purchase by the City Council.

First up, what do the elections and results mean for discussions that had happened previously?

Can you also imagine the complicated process of getting full support from the decision makers to go ahead with it?

Then there is the securing of funding and the sale process itself. It could take months before there is any form of guarantee for CK to sign on the line, and don`t forget he has to guarantee to the EFL that a deal for a Stadium is in place for 10 years to enable EFL ratification of his purchase.

9 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I hope CK gets the deal across the line and gets the ground back under club ownership and not in the sweaty palms of any wealthy individuals.

Mike Ashley has long had the funds and finances in place to have resolved our issues and has chosen not too.

Just like CK is choosing not to now. This is a very funny line to beat MA with. ? How many weeks of exclusivity has CK had and he won't deal with Morris but wants the stadium!

Edited by RoyMac5

4 hours ago, RipleyRich said:

I`m not 100% convinced MM is the problem right now.

What I mean by that is not the situation that he created, but the complicated nature of a major purchase by the City Council.

First up, what do the elections and results mean for discussions that had happened previously?

Can you also imagine the complicated process of getting full support from the decision makers to go ahead with it?

Then there is the securing of funding and the sale process itself. It could take months before there is any form of guarantee for CK to sign on the line, and don`t forget he has to guarantee to the EFL that a deal for a Stadium is in place for 10 years to enable EFL ratification of his purchase.

Wouldnt it be quicker and all imbrasing to buy the shares in the company owning the stadium

6 minutes ago, Derbados said:

The exclusivity runs out tomorrow, I fully expect a bid from Ashley for both the club and stadium, blowing CK out of the water and instantly removing the stadium deal blockage. 

it’s what he does 

For what benefit? None of it has become any cheaper.

Has the EFL accepted his business plan? Has he met with the creditors? Has he passed the OADT? Who is paying the bills while the process continues, another MSD loan?

This "Ashley swoop at the 11th hour" business is a pure impossibility in our situation, why is nobody understanding this?