World Cup Qatar

Bris Vegas

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The lawyers are looking into FIFA's 'yellow card' stance.

The other side of the coin is the risk of alienating fans if players did get booked. See the 'moral outrage' over a bit of money-shredding!

Why would you have lawyers looking into it? If you get booked for it, then it draws worldwide attention to your signalling, which is surely the whole point of you doing it?

22 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Ah - I see that Joe Lycett didn't really shred the £10k and as I suspected it was a stunt to publicise the issue and to out David Beckham as a money-grubbing whore

It also had a by-product of making thousands of old footie gammons look a bit foolish for being more outraged about a man (not) shredding £10k than they were about Beckham taking a few million off the backwards Qatari regime

image.gif.ec8941279e5f97984caa8b0d762545b7.gif

20 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Why would you have lawyers looking into it? If you get booked for it, then it draws worldwide attention to your signalling, which is surely the whole point of you doing it?

What can the referee issue a yellow card for? Having the wrong colours in the rainbow?!

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

What can the referee issue a yellow card for? Having the wrong colours in the rainbow?!

It is a different colour scheme to the well known Rainbow flag anyway. 

They should have held their nerve.

58 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I switch the TV on for the build up to the England match, if Gary Lineker is on I put the TV on mute ?

I do the same with Micah Richards.  BBC could give me his fee and I could inanely laugh at nothing in particular for twenty minutes.

Edited by Gee SCREAMER !!

4 minutes ago, SSD said:

Maguire getting wrestled at a corner. I see the VAR stance has changed since the last World Cup

Maguire also had his arm wrapped around the defender so it's easy for them to say "six of one...". To get a penalty in  that situation you need to keep your hands off the opponent.