VAR for Championship

Curtains

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I think it’s going to happen and in fairness it’s been good for the game. 
Wrong decisions need eradicating.

If wrong decisions are eradicated at pitch level then VAR not needed. But it will ALWAYS come down to interpretation (on the pitch or otherwise). VAR is just another level of interpretation and just provides more for the TV people to talk about - keeps them in a job!

Edited by RoyMac5

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

If wrong decisions are eradicated at pitch level then VAR not needed. But it will ALWAYS come down to interpretation (on the pitch or otherwise). VAR is just another level of interpretation and just provides more for the TV people to talk about - keeps them in a job!

No VAR sorts out sending offs a main issue in Football 

I've said previously that in principle there's nothing wrong with VAR - the problem lies in interpretating what the cameras show. Until the standard of officiating drastically improves (and that includes the linos who are mostly pathetic), then too many VAR decisions will be wrong because they are being decided on by the same inept people.

Wrong decisions are one of the things over the years that has driven the popularity of the game. Making for many friendships bought about debating the rights and wrongs of it. 

Chris Coles raised a theory yesterday that Prem refs dropping to the lower leagues are not making the big decisions because they are used not having too, due to var making them for them. It is a interesting theory to discuss 

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

I've said previously that in principle there's nothing wrong with VAR - the problem lies in interpretating what the cameras show. Until the standard of officiating drastically improves (and that includes the linos who are mostly pathetic), then too many VAR decisions will be wrong because they are being decided on by the same inept people.

Where it is used, what I'd like is to hear the conversation (obviously not if you're at the ground) between the referee and the VAR team as they do in rugby union. If fact, why can't we hear all the conversations with the players again, as we do in Rugby?

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Where it is used, what I'd like is to hear the conversation (obviously not if you're at the ground) between the referee and the VAR team as they do in rugby union. If fact, why can't we hear all the conversations with the players again, as we do in Rugby?

For the same reason it's recently been en vogue for the players to cover their mouths when they're talking to each other at the end of the game as if there's some lip reading spotters from MI5 sat in the stands with binoculars 

To be honest I think decisions like yesterday show why VAR isn’t a good idea. An experienced ref who usually relies on someone giving him a get out of jail card, who as I said earlier actually did the right thing in taking his time, but ended up having to make a decision on the emotion of the game and got it wrong. He decided not to have to deal with the atmosphere the correct decision would have caused because he isnt used to having to make the decision without backing.

56 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Wrong decisions are one of the things over the years that has driven the popularity of the game. Making for many friendships bought about debating the rights and wrongs of it. 

Chris Coles raised a theory yesterday that Prem refs dropping to the lower leagues are not making the big decisions because they are used not having too, due to var making them for them. It is a interesting theory to discuss 

Yesterdays official is a one of a kind, Dean thinks fans come to see him officiate, Prancing around then when questioned a shrug of the shoulders and a "what are you asking for" question on his mush.

Officials what are they good for...absolutely nothing!