Rooney 100% guarantee that no players leaving

Day

We can take the negatives from this window in that every other team in the division has either strengthened or stayed the same apart from Derby who are weaker in losing Jags and Shinnie, two massively important players.

However despite being backed into a corner and forced into a fire sale by the other EFL championship clubs we’ve kept a side that can at least compete which considering we still don’t have a preferred bidder and funds beyond March is amazing work from the administrators. 

The key now is a takeover and exit of administration happening between now and the end of the season, this will enable us to at best be able to plan for next season whatever division we are in and build a competitive side, or at worst get something resembling market value for our saleable assets such as Bird Knight Bielik etc.

19 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

We can take the negatives from this window in that every other team in the division has either strengthened or stayed the same apart from Derby who are weaker in losing Jags and Shinnie, two massively important players.

However despite being backed into a corner and forced into a fire sale by the other EFL championship clubs we’ve kept a side that can at least compete which considering we still don’t have a preferred bidder and funds beyond March is amazing work from the administrators. 

The key now is a takeover and exit of administration happening between now and the end of the season, this will enable us to at best be able to plan for next season whatever division we are in and build a competitive side, or at worst get something resembling market value for our saleable assets such as Bird Knight Bielik etc.

The only comment wrt us being weaker, I think Bielik will replace both Shinnie and Jagielka in a sense, obviously needs a couple more weeks before he starts, the emergence of Thompson gives us cover in the middle, yes we could have done with Shinnie for the last couple of games, but until then I'm not sure he'd have started, and of course Knight or Ravel can be an option in the 2. But Bielik's calmness and ability on the ball means there will be more options for the ball out of defence so negates a major quality Jagielka gave us on the ball, but from a pure defensive capability and presence, Stearman is equal to Jagielka in many ways, stronger in some, in an isolated incident, I doubt the 2nd goal on Sunday would have happened if PJ was on instead of RS. 

The biggest concern is lack of depth if anyone gets injured for longer than a game or 2.

Quite happy with the transfer window all things considering. It’s been hard losing Shinnie and Jagielka But Stearman is a good replacement for Jagielka and by all accounts the Wigan debt for their players has been wiped or reduced with the Shinnie sale. Plange stays until the end of the season (£1mil for a player out of contract in the summer - guess we couldn’t extend it) and we have kept other assets. Much needed because the squad is thin anyway. Bielik (if staying fit) is like signing a Prem international midfielder! 
It could be a lot worse. Now have a fighting chance at staying up on the pitch and short term future extended a bit. 

20 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Quite happy with the transfer window all things considering. It’s been hard losing Shinnie and Jagielka But Stearman is a good replacement for Jagielka and by all accounts the Wigan debt for their players has been wiped or reduced with the Shinnie sale. Plange stays until the end of the season (£1mil for a player out of contract in the summer - guess we couldn’t extend it) and we have kept other assets. Much needed because the squad is thin anyway. Bielik (if staying fit) is like signing a Prem international midfielder! 
It could be a lot worse. Now have a fighting chance at staying up on the pitch and short term future extended a bit. 

Very positive thinking that is what we need

2 hours ago, Rich84 said:

The only comment wrt us being weaker, I think Bielik will replace both Shinnie and Jagielka in a sense, obviously needs a couple more weeks before he starts, the emergence of Thompson gives us cover in the middle, yes we could have done with Shinnie for the last couple of games, but until then I'm not sure he'd have started, and of course Knight or Ravel can be an option in the 2. But Bielik's calmness and ability on the ball means there will be more options for the ball out of defence so negates a major quality Jagielka gave us on the ball, but from a pure defensive capability and presence, Stearman is equal to Jagielka in many ways, stronger in some, in an isolated incident, I doubt the 2nd goal on Sunday would have happened if PJ was on instead of RS. 

The biggest concern is lack of depth if anyone gets injured for longer than a game or 2.

Agree. I think it’s the lack of depth that’s the issue. If we get just one or two injuries we’re struggling, Shinnie would also give the option to ease Bielik back and take pressure off Thompson and Bird. But yeah Bielik softens the blow massively and is like a new signing. We can be competitive but need a bit of luck on the injury front.

8 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Agree. I think it’s the lack of depth that’s the issue. If we get just one or two injuries we’re struggling, Shinnie would also give the option to ease Bielik back and take pressure off Thompson and Bird. But yeah Bielik softens the blow massively and is like a new signing. We can be competitive but need a bit of luck on the injury front.

I think we might be seeing one or two more Academy players debuts than we might have done if we'd been allowed (limited) signings.

7 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think we might be seeing one or two more Academy players debuts than we might have done if we'd been allowed (limited) signings.

Presumably we now have more space in max squad of 23.

I know Plange was a 'special' dispensation from the EFL, and I think Jagielka was an offset for Bielik? but Shinnie, Marshall, Baldock all should count - so Cashin etc. should be able to play more than 3 times now

2 minutes ago, Quagga said:

Presumably we now have more space in max squad of 23.

I know Plange was a 'special' dispensation from the EFL, and I think Jagielka was an offset for Bielik? but Shinnie, Marshall, Baldock all should count - so Cashin etc. should be able to play more than 3 times now

I've no idea how our embargo is working now tbh. But Jordan Brown gone too.

Surely all the youth team players we currently have are registered with us and available for selection now. The max number shouldn't matter as we aren't able to add to the squad until the next window anyway, by which time most of the squad will be running out of contract.

Things need to be sorted very soon so we can start to hand out contracts again and not lose any talent for free. But in the meantime, I think we should be able to use any player currently at the club without penalty.

19 minutes ago, roboto said:

Surely all the youth team players we currently have are registered with us and available for selection now. The max number shouldn't matter as we aren't able to add to the squad until the next window anyway, by which time most of the squad will be running out of contract.

Things need to be sorted very soon so we can start to hand out contracts again and not lose any talent for free. But in the meantime, I think we should be able to use any player currently at the club without penalty.

If the club gets new owners in the next month, I think that we'll be able to sign free agents, building the squad up to an agreed maximum level.