Contact/Email Quantuma, demand answers!?

RoyMac5

With the loss of Jags and Shinnie after the Friday EFL debacle we need to know what is going on and what their plan is.

Why shouldn't they advise the fans what their intentions for the squad is, or how they intend to find the funds to see us until seasons end?

After all telling the fans that Shinnie was sold for a 'nominal fee' but to reduce the wage bill wouldn't have stopped the deal. Nor will it affect any other potential sales. But it would help the fans deal with what is going on!

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not if it relegates us it doesn't!

I've given that ghost up.

I think it's more important there is a DCFC to compete next season, as opposed to not making good business decisions in the idle hope of playing Championship football.

Chasing some form of 'success' on the pitch over acting wisely is what has caused this mess.  Let's not have history repeat itself. 

Just now, SBW said:

I've given that ghost up.

I think it's more important there is a DCFC to compete next season, as opposed to not making good business decisions in the idle hope of playing Championship football.

Chasing some form of 'success' on the pitch over acting wisely is what has caused this mess.  Let's not have history repeat itself. 

We're more likely to be easily sellable for a good price in the Championship than League 1.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

We're more likely to be easily sellable for a good price in the Championship than League 1.

From everything that has come out, there are interested parties who are willing to buy the club, and they would do so.  That's without a guarantee of survival.  I think there will be a new owner regardless of what league the club is in.

But it's important there is a club to buy.

Pragmatism and levelheadedness needed.

2 minutes ago, SBW said:

From everything that has come out, there are interested parties who are willing to buy the club, and they would do so.  That's without a guarantee of survival.  I think there will be a new owner regardless of what league the club is in.

But it's important there is a club to buy.

Pragmatism and levelheadedness needed.

The Admin want the best deal for the creditors, they can get a better deal with us being a Championship club.

1 minute ago, Eatonram said:

Must admit I can’t believe there has been no attempt in any way to get supporters to help financially. I feel sure tens of thousands are going missing every week. Just ask supporters to set up a direct debit for the next 6 months. I would do it in a flash. Just do it every thing helps. 

Maybe Quantuma could give an idea of the deficit in keeping the club running until the summer. If it's a smaller figure (under £1mil), this could maybe be generated by the fans. There will be many wealthier fans who would probably donate lager amounts and a big chunk of the fanbase donating smaller amounts.

4 minutes ago, SBW said:

From everything that has come out, there are interested parties who are willing to buy the club, and they would do so...

And still there is no reason why Quantuma shouldn't inform the fans of what their plans are! Which is my point.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

The Admin want the best deal for the creditors, they can get a better deal with us being a Championship club.

I can't believe you've not learnt.  Even at this desperate hour.  

The club needs £7m to evidence it can fulfil its fixtures.  One way of doing that is sales and making big savings on the money that would be needed.  

I'm not saying people shouldn't raise the flag, contact whoever, but chasing MP's and emailing Rick Parry's PA isn't going to find that money.  

Smart business decisions need to be made.  They should have been made already, but now it's been forced and it likely means the offers for the assets are less as a result. 

7 minutes ago, SBW said:

The club needs £7m to evidence it can fulfil its fixtures.  One way of doing that is sales and making big savings on the money that would be needed.  

I'm not saying people shouldn't raise the flag, contact whoever, but chasing MP's and emailing Rick Parry's PA isn't going to find that money.  

Smart business decisions need to be made.  They should have been made already, but now it's been forced and it likely means the offers for the assets are less as a result. 

The administrators need to do their bit afterall it is what they are getting paid to do, however us fans need to do our bit too including contacting our local MP and the EFL.

7 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Must admit I can’t believe there has been no attempt in any way to get supporters to help financially. I feel sure tens of thousands are going missing every week. Just ask supporters to set up a direct debit for the next 6 months. I would do it in a flash. Just do it every thing helps. 

I’ve had similar thoughts, collections at the ground would bring something in, setting up something for those of us who live outside of Derby, the county and even the country seems pragmatic. I understand the need for those who can attend matches to keep doing so and spend money once there, for those of us at a further distance it’s not always an option. I’ve bought merch and attended a couple of times this season, my Uncle is a Ram living in America and he ordered a load of merch to be shipped over to him. What about a raffle for a signed shirt? Virtual ticket sales? Sponsor a seat/brick in the wall/blade of grass? if it has to be a commercial transaction bringing money into the club there must be options to do this?! 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

Looking at it from a financial point of view, letting Shinnie go makes quite a bit of sense. It saves the club tens of thousands per month on a player who could be deemed as surplus to requirements. This run has been achieved without him and on top of that Beliek is likely to be back this month.

Yes, it would be nice to have cover, but unfortunately, that is a luxury we can't afford.

1 minute ago, ram59 said:

Looking at it from a financial point of view, letting Shinnie go makes quite a bit of sense. It saves the club tens of thousands per month on a player who could be deemed as surplus to requirements. This run has been achieved without him and on top of that Beliek is likely to be back this month.

Yes, it would be nice to have cover, but unfortunately, that is a luxury we can't afford.

So why can't they inform the fans if that is true? Why aren't they involving Rooney too?

I don’t challenge the sense of the Shinnie move. Makes sense to me, on the assumption that they’re reducing the wage bill to reduce the funds needing to be proved to see out the season. Shinnie’s a fringe player, and with Bielik being near enough back and Shinnie being out of contract in the summer, yeah, fine I guess.

That being said, it’s bad that we’re not being talked to re “the plan”, worse still that Wayne’s being kept ignorant to it.

42 minutes ago, SBW said:

All possibly  true but you completely ignore the EFL’s agenda which is being driven by interests that are partisan, not equitable and not in accordance with any standards of fair play, law and logic. 

The EFL as the governing body should have said long ago that the Boro and Wycombe claims have no validity because we the EFL make the laws, make the judgments and dispense the sanctions. Which we have done. Boro and Wycombe have in effect undermined the EFL. Except they have been encouraged to do so. Bent as 9 shilling notes.