Petition to the Sports Minister

Carl Sagan

Just now, Ram1988 said:

ITV Central has mentioned a crowd founder which has been created. Is this a suitable time to push this on the forums? Afterall I think as a fan base we can raise as much as Wigan paid for Shinnie.

But not the £250,000 he would've been paid until the end of the season.

The club reportedly needs 7 million to get to the end of the season.

4 minutes ago, Mountain Ram said:

Finally getting some traction on the BBC too: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-60027177

"...Derby County's administrators Quantuma said efforts to secure a buyer were being hampered by outstanding legal cases involving Middlesbrough and Wycombe Wanderers.

Both clubs are unhappy at the impact of Derby County's financial dealings on their own league placings in recent seasons.

Quantama said the two preferred bidders were not willing to put their money into the club until there was clarity over whether compensation would need to be paid."

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

"...Derby County's administrators Quantuma said efforts to secure a buyer were being hampered by outstanding legal cases involving Middlesbrough and Wycombe Wanderers.

Both clubs are unhappy at the impact of Derby County's financial dealings on their own league placings in recent seasons.

Quantama said the two preferred bidders were not willing to put their money into the club until there was clarity over whether compensation would need to be paid."

The whole effing problem right there. Think it needs lighting up as well as some just don't seem to see it!!

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

And, presumably, that would still be the case even if we find the money behind the sofa to get to the end of the season.

Just now, IslandExile said:

And, presumably, that would still be the case even if we find the money behind the sofa to get to the end of the season.

But it would give us longer to put pressure on the EFL. It might even be long enough to 'go to arbitration'? We'd keep our 'golden share' and hopefully the squad. We'd have a good go at staying in the Championship.

1 minute ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I sent mine to her this morning. I am not hopeful of a response. She is a lawyer from London and in my opinion has little understanding of local issues in Derbyshire. The Derbyshire Dales is one of the safest seats in the country, which she inherited from Patrick McLoughlin, having failed to get elected elsewhere.. Basically, you could put a blue rosette on a  pig in this constituency and it would be elected. She has gained a notoriety for not responding to emails from constituents and failed to address local concerns during the lockdowns. She is Boris Johnson's Parliamentary private secretary and seems not willing to dirty her hands on any cause that might not be beneficial to her rise in the party.

Our predicament is not a political issue as recognised by the cross-party support that our cause has attracted from other MPs. If she does not put her snout in the trough to support us, I intend to mount a campaign against her in the Derbyshire Dales to publicise her lack of support in attending to local concerns. She was present in the constituency both days this weekend  as evidenced on her Facebook page. If she does not know or understand the concerns locally, she is not fit to represent us in the future.If she is going to put her head above the parapet, she needs to do it now, before it's too late.

I think that is all a bit unnecessary. She met with the Minister for Sport about Derby County this morning, as reported on here. Perhaps she made arranging that meeting a priority over answering emails.