The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Ah, the Jimmy Carr argument. It's funny to those not offended by it and sod those that are affected.

The targets of "humour" may not be physically harmed but the cumulative negative effects on society are great.

TBH I'm surprised at you @i-Ram.

Anyway, as you say, back to Administration - which is far from humorous to most of us.

You are surprised at me, but not totally flabbergasted by @angieram’s reply. There you were sticking up for her kind, and she dismissed you with a sweep of her duster, or any other kitchen implement she was holding whilst multi-tasking on this forum. You must be very woke for the IOW, as whenever I have been there they all seem to be about 50 years behind the mainland. I bet Stan Boardman is still regularly booked at Shanklin Theatre trying out his new ‘Germans’ routine. You’ve got to laugh Phil, you really have ?

11 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Ah, the Jimmy Carr argument. It's funny to those not offended by it and sod those that are affected.

The targets of "humour" may not be physically harmed but the cumulative negative effects on society are great.

TBH I'm surprised at you @i-Ram.

Anyway, as you say, back to Administration - which is far from humorous to most of us.

4199ad84-9547-4d97-9501-05c34199b9ad.thumb.JPG.2f3340528ed85de8d12e87797be406cf.JPG

I mean, you're probably right - in many ways, but come on....

34 minutes ago, Bobby said:

But aren’t you still losing 1 million a month, surely (and it’s not just Derby) out goings have to be less than incomings.?

This is where the whole “allowed to lose £39million over three years “ falls down, teams actually work to that, Why? Surely they should be working at at least breaking even. It only takes a minor blip to screw it up and put teams over.

wasn’t it Risdale who included qualifying for the champions league every year in Leeds Budget?

It has taken QPR 7 years to get anywhere near sustainability and we are still losing money each month, sooner or later players and more importantly agents are going to have to come to terms with receiving less money or half the league will end up in the position you are currently at.

So for a start you have to accept that you are never going to compete with the six or seven clubs that are getting parachute payments every season, which is a massive gap in income, plus the clubs who have currently signed players that they can’t afford. 
Any club unilaterally looking to break even are going to be at a huge disadvantage and would be lucky to be in the top half of the Championship, let alone think about promotion.

There are only so many rough diamonds you can find in the lower leagues, and as we have found recently, having a great academy doesn’t get you anywhere when the recent rule changes mean Liverpool or Chelsea can poach your best prospects for peanuts.

17 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You are surprised at me, but not totally flabbergasted by @angieram’s reply. There you were sticking up for her kind, and she dismissed you with a sweep of her duster, or any other kitchen implement she was holding whilst multi-tasking on this forum. You must be very woke for the IOW, as whenever I have been there they all seem to be about 50 years behind the mainland. I bet Stan Boardman is still regularly booked at Shanklin Theatre trying out his new ‘Germans’ routine. You’ve got to laugh Phil, you really have ?

Either @angieram's reply was too clever for you - or more likely - you are still trying to continue with your un-funny, sexist "humour".

And now you're having a go at the IoW. Ho ho ho. I'm surprised that Shanklin Theatre haven't booked you if they are so into outdated humour.

BTW who is Phil? I didn't understand that one.

Edited by IslandExile

13 minutes ago, curb said:

So for a start you have to accept that you are never going to compete with the six or seven clubs that are getting parachute payments every season, which is a massive gap in income, plus the clubs who have currently signed players that they can’t afford. 
Any club unilaterally looking to break even are going to be at a huge disadvantage and would be lucky to be in the top half of the Championship, let alone think about promotion.

There are only so many rough diamonds you can find in the lower leagues, and as we have found recently, having a great academy doesn’t get you anywhere when the recent rule changes mean Liverpool or Chelsea can poach your best prospects for peanuts.

I think running the club similar to Brentford is a good way forward. They have a good scouting network and get players in for reasonable prices, make them better players, sell them for loads more and then repeat the process again. I would like to see Derby run like that going forward. I bet Brentford's accounts were pretty decent - maybe not break even but nowhere near breaking FFP.

13 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Either @angieram's reply was too clever for you - or more likely - you are still trying to continue with your un-funny, sexist "humour".

And now you're having a go at the IoW. Oh oh oh. I'm surprised that Shanklin Theatre haven't booked you if they are so into outdated humour.

BTW who is Phil? I didn't understand that one.

Not too clever for me. I just took her reply as a funny joke. I didn’t try to deconstruct it, or consider how I might get myself wound up into a moral outrage.

I am actually doing a stand-up at Shanklin Theatre soon. You must come along. I am waiving my fee, and all the proceeds are going to the Genocide of Roma Memorial Fund. I may not be funny, but l promise I will get your name right (Paul) and perhaps I can buy you a beer. We can talk about the Rams too, which I prefer to do when I am relaxing.

Edited by i-Ram

22 minutes ago, SecretDave said:

I think running the club similar to Brentford is a good way forward. They have a good scouting network and get players in for reasonable prices, make them better players, sell them for loads more and then repeat the process again. I would like to see Derby run like that going forward. I bet Brentford's accounts were pretty decent - maybe not break even but nowhere near breaking FFP.

I'm not sure Brentford have a patent on this sysytem. Every club tries the same it's just that Brentford are currently particularly good at it. 

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

But there is humour. Look at the laughter responses they are getting. It might not be your kind of humour, but it is humour nontheless. No binding contracts are being offered. No women are being actually hurt in the making of this humour. I wouldnt go onto Mumsnet if you really want to avoid nasty or bitchy female jibes. A real vipers nest is that Forum. Anyway, Administration .......

Ahh, you found it funny, so it's okay? Racist jokes are in then? Little jibes about the holocaust or Jews controlling the world are right back on the agenda? Some are in the dark ages here.....