The Administration Thread

Boycie

So based on the Rams trust meeting with the administrators we will make zero progress unless Middlesbrough and Wycombe want it to happen whilst the EFL sit around and do absolutely nothing to progress anything 

Am I mean in wishing nothing but I’ll fortune for all three of them - Middlesbrough and Wycombe have set themselves up as football parasites for years to come and make no mistake the generalised press will remind them of it. The EFL have a scandalous way of allowing a football club to be destroyed by two other football clubs by simply doing absolutely nothing to help the situation - not even looking at the two claims reportedly, how can that be? 

if ever there was an issue for an investigation journalist to be looking into a situation it’s how the EFL have handled this whole Derby county situation - maybe even the local politicians could even be bidding for a full public inquiry into these three parties who are destroying a fellow member and business 

Edited by Sparkle

Just now, angieram said:

I have added them to the daily updates thread now but didn't do so last night as they are exactly the same as those David added from BAWT. Even got the same formatting. Agreed by the administrators. 

Thanks Angie, much appreciated.  were there any questions about quantuma going to Court? Hosking seemed to say that could be imminent at his talk with supported groups before Birmingham game.

I see no reason why two parties cannot agree to have their dispute settled by a civil court, if they are truly committed to that being the final arbiter of their dispute i.e no appeals, no trying to drag another party into the action later. I don't know if there is a barrier to this in English Law, or whether the Courts would refuse to determine the case, but I'd love to have a lawyer's view of that possibility. 

That of course would require Boro and Wycombe to drop all claims against DCFC and, since that is where their true leverage lies, I can't see them doing that. 

People saying "what are Quantuma doing" are ignoring the fact that if they were to agree to settle the claims at a certain level, they'd almost certainly be disadvantaging existing creditors, and most likely putting the club out of the price range that currently interested parties are willing to pay. The notes from the SCG meeting yesterday make it clear that the claims are the main obstacle preventing a PB being named and it's about time that the two clubs and the EFL stopped pretending that they aren't. Margaret Beckett's words should be plastered all over any campaign publicity so that they're drummed into the public consciousness. 

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

So based on the Rams trust meeting with the administrators we will make zero progress unless Middlesbrough and Wycombe want it to happen whilst the EFL sit around and do absolutely nothing to progress anything 

Am I mean in wishing nothing but I’ll fortune for all three of them - Middlesbrough and Wycombe have set themselves up as football parasites for years to come and make no mistake to generalised press will remind them of it. The EFL have a scandalous way of allowing a football club to be destroyed by two other football clubs by simply doing absolutely nothing to help the situation - not even looking at the two claims reportedly, how can that be? 

if ever there was an issue for an investigation journalist to be looking into a situation it’s how the EFL have handled this whole Derby county situation - maybe even the local politicians could even be bidding for a full public inquiry into these three parties who are destroying a fellow member and business 

I agree entirely. But it won't happen until EFL is replaced by an independent regulator. Meantime we really do need action pronto on the DCFC front. I just wish I could see a way through this.

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Kevin is an alternative some form of assignment of a right of action? As I posted earlier it seems DCFC would have a cause for action against Morris for breach of contract. Could they not assign that right to Boro or Wycombe . I don't now if that is possible or advisable but there must be a way out of this logjam.  The indemnity from Morris may be fine if that worrks except it keeps DCFC in the loop and prolongs uncertainty.

Doesnt work for me. Main problem is, any rights the club has against him would be quantified by reference to the club’s loss. But we want Boro suing by reference to their own loss. Then they lose

The other thing is, MMisnt going to agree to an arrangement which involves an admission that he is liable to the club. 

I still think you underestimate the difficulties involved in suing a director. I saw your post about EFl undertakings but  one concern with that route is: these were board decisions. You’ll be suing Roy Macfarland next ? 

Could whoever put out the latest update from Ramstrust on Twitter scale down the dramalama quotes please? Our online supporters don't really need depressing any further, particularly when the content the tweet is publicising is pretty neutral. 

As I said yesterday, Boro/Wycombe will almost certainly do and say nothing. That is their strongest weapon, whilst the EFL impotantly wring their hands. 

Boro/Wycombe will only move if offered money. If offered money it legitimises their claim and we will forever be labelled cheats. If offered money then real creditors will be disadvantaged and in any case it would probably expose the Admins to legal action against them. This is why Boro/Wyc will simply sit there and do nothing because unless the EFL change position, the impasse remains.

EXTORTION, EXTORTION, EXTORTION, EXTORTION

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I agree entirely. But it won't happen until EFL is replaced by an independent regulator. Meantime we really do need action pronto on the DCFC front. I just wish I could see a way through this.

The EFL won’t be replaced by an independent regulator and they will continue to be utterly dreadful in their decision or non decision making - the one thing that may happen is that the government of the land may install some rules on what they basically should be doing like many sectors in society and then the EFL will just blame the set government rules! 

16 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Am I mean in wishing nothing but I’ll fortune for all three of them - Middlesbrough and Wycombe have set themselves up as football parasites for years to come and make no mistake to generalised press will remind them of it. The EFL have a scandalous way of allowing a football club to be destroyed by two other football clubs by simply doing absolutely nothing to help the situation - not even looking at the two claims reportedly, how can that be? 

100% would love to see an investigation by someone Delving  into this shambolic affair, and bringing to light the obvious collusion and shoddy working of an organisation and some of it's members, hopefully we still have a club to follow, tho I fear investigations like this only  happen when the worst possible has happened

Edited by BriggRam

When Mike Ashley’s head of PR said it would take 12 weeks to complete a deal following the acceptance of a bid, is this linked to the arbitration hearing not happening until May 22 for Boro’s convenience?

The EFL must have massive legal threats hanging over them from M and WW to be behaving in such an abhorrent way.

47 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

I find it very difficult to see what the admin are actually doing. They have had three credible bidders/interested parties since November/December. The legal claims have been there since the beginning. We are now into the beginning of Feb?! MM has even offered to get rid of the big obstacle that was in there way. After reading the q&a they (imo) alluded to more obstacles they can use to ramp up their remuneration.

They have said in the past they are willing to work night and day to get this through but so far all I can see is hot air and not a lot of substance. It is still my opinion that MM is still pulling the strings in this whole situation. Hence why Steve Gibson is so hell bent on suing us. 

No bidder will commit until the claims are resolved or out of the picture for the club. 

Mel offering to let Boro and Wycombe sue him himself doesn't automatically get rid of the claims against the club, so the risk is still there for the bidders.

16 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I see no reason why two parties cannot agree to have their dispute settled by a civil court

There was apparently a solicitor on RD last night who confirmed MM’s whacky scheme would get thrown out.  

Someone on here suggested something different : that Gibbo sue the club in the HIgh Court and MM should bear the cost. This is perfectly doable and equivalent to MM giving the club an indemnity. It might need EFl consent tho’

Edited by kevinhectoring

3 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

When Mike Ashley’s head of PR said it would take 12 weeks to complete a deal following the acceptance of a bid, is this linked to the arbitration hearing not happening until May 22 for Boro’s convenience?

I think it's amount of time to get the CVA/restructuring sorted and the takeover completed. There has to be creditors meetings, and courts might have to sign off on bits of it and various other things, plus all the legal aspects of the new owner buying it etc

5 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Someone on here suggested something different : that Gibbo sue the club in the HIgh Court and MM should bear the cost. This is perfectly doable and equivalent to MM giving the club an indemnity. It might need EFl consent tho’

I don't think this works because the EFL would still ask to see proof of funds (for in the unlikely event of us losing and having to payout) - and I can't see MM wanting to openly admit to the EFL that he is still loaded

Apologies if this has been mentioned before in this thread (a lot to try to keep up with), the solicitor on last night's Sportscene talk in mentioned that the WW and MFC claims are about when the points suspension should have been implemented (timescales) and in fact counteract each other. So there should only one claim that could be contested not two.

7 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

There was apparently a solicitor on RD last night who confirmed MM’s whacky scheme would get thrown out.  

The EFL have ruled out taking the case to the Hight COurt