The Administration Thread

Boycie

47 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

The EFL will not want it to go to the high court where they will not be able to hide their dirty washing. A tribunal aka arbitration only lets out what it wants, the high court is public

Hhhmmm is it?, People who go to the high court to seek anonymity after cases get their wish...if it's not in the public intersest.

Edited by Unlucky Alf

2 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

The next few steps in this dance are for the EFL, WW and MFC to take so we will probably have to wait for the Friday night statement from the EFL before we know anything further.

My guess is further circular rotations culminating in us arriving back where we are now.

2 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Has anyone pointed out that MM offering to take on the legal challenges from MFC and WWFC rather files in the face of him being so broke that he had to put the club into administration?

Something doesn't add up

I agree it’s rather contradictory 

6 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Has anyone pointed out that MM offering to take on the legal challenges from MFC and WWFC rather files in the face of him being so broke that he had to put the club into administration?

Something doesn't add up

I don't recall him saying he was putting us into administration because he was skint.

Sir Philip Green has done it several times and he isn't penniless.

Edited by Ewetube

1 minute ago, Ewetube said:

I don't recall him saying he was putting us into administration because he was skint.

Well no - and I'm being slightly facetious because we know he isn't skint - but companies get put into administration when they become insolvent. AKA skint

Which is why MM will forever be the villain of the piece, because he chose to declare DCFC insolvent as a "strategic" move to force a sale. He did not have to do that

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Here's a left field idea - the EFL's leverage is there's not another league we could play in.

But ..is there.....

In the same way the NFL wanted a UK team for years, could we join the MLS?!

We could get our Jonny Russell back.

We need a complete reset.  I am done.  Its an utter mess.  Lets do a Rangers or a Aldershot, rise from the Ashes.  Northern Premier League be fun.

11 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Something doesn't add up

I assume he had a budget to use for Derby county and he had used it up and failed to sell on the club when the budget had or nearly had expired 

9 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Something doesn't add up

A good question . 

But if, as  I think , Morris has already been claimed against personally by Boro then  he isn’t conceding anything actually. 

Whereas the other debts as owner he can legally swerve unfortunately as others have observed.. due to limited liability protection. 

Just now, Stive Pesley said:

Well no - and I'm being slightly facetious because we know he isn't skint - but companies get put into administration when they become insolvent. AKA skint

Which is why MM will forever be the villain of the piece, because he chose to declare DCFC insolvent as a "strategic" move to force a sale. He did not have to do that

I don't disagree with you that he didn't have to put us in administration.

I'm not so sure that it was strategic though, I got the impression that his war with the EFL had backed him into a corner to such an extent where he could see no way out.

I believe while he must shoulder the responsibility to the the greatest degree, the EFL have certainly contributed in no small part to this mess.

5 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

I remember him saying that he’d put DCFC into administration as he felt the EFL were biased against him and wouldn’t consider the issues fairly whilst he was still the owner. That is consistent with him seeing that they are continuing their vendetta against the club in his absence, so deciding to get back involved again. 

23 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Hhhmmm is it?, People who go to the high court to seek anonymity after cases get their wish...if it's not in the public intersest.

I think Team Derby, and Margaret Beckett in particular, would have some very strong opinions on if transparency in this proceeding is in the public interest. 

THINGS TO LOOK OUT FOR ONLINE TODAY IF YOU DON’T FANCY SCRAWLING THROUGH VARIOUS PAGES

1) Rooney Press Conference early afternoon (Usually around 1-2pm). Although doubt we will find out too much, but it’ll make you happy there’s some football to look forward to!

2) Radio Derby Phone-In between 6-7pm on 95.3 or 104.5 FM or DAB/BBC Sounds

3)

After their meeting at 4 BAWT are doing a Q&A at 7.30pm. Again I imagine they won’t be able to say too much without getting the approval from administrators but it’ll probably be the most direct source of any info coming out today. 

No I don’t know why they are bothering to have Chris Kirchner on even further down the line. 

THINGS TO LOOK FOR IN THE MUCK AND THE MIRE

Do the administrators like leaking a bit of info out before these meetings? I have it in my head it’s happened before so look out for that. Until then why don’t you play the Alan Nixon Guessing Game? Maybe another MP will release a statement asking for another meeting (I know the MPs are doing good but I can’t help imagine them like the Priests in Father Ted sat round the table saying ‘Can anything be said for another mass?). Maybe let’s see if Michael Knighton’s glorious moustache will do a few keepy ups whilst we wait for news?

Or we do what we do every day and watch a few posters bicker whilst they and us try to make sense of it.

Edited by TuffLuff