The Administration Thread

Boycie

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mike-ashley-pulls-out-Derby-26152575

Ashley's bid was rumoured at 25 million, the Binnie brothers 28 million.

These bids clearly below the 50 million the club's looking for.

It was rumoured that ck offered 50 million, for some reason the administrators wasted time over that and ck pulled out.

The binnie brothers bid didn't include the stadium.

10 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

You have said why (in your opinion) we are in the current mess. Which we wouldn’t be in if the club had been sold. Even now , if Efl or Boro /Wycombe acted properly we would by now be out of admin and under new ownership. Damaged yes but not staring into the abyss.

Strange counter argument. How about ‘We wouldn’t be in the current mess if the Club had not been bought by Morris?’. Equally strange. Pete, you and I often go round in circles. But not this afternoon. I am one hour from a Sunday Roast, I am on to my second beer, and a bottle of wine is suggestively winking at me. Once I have slept it all off I may return to enjoy further circular arguments ?

7 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I am not defending Rush either. There was always something a little ‘shifty looking about him ? and I think his treatment of Clough at the end was despicable. I do wonder though if Rush and Pearce for that matter were simply pawns (and ultimately fall guys), and the Candy King was the one making most, if not all, of the important decisions. 

Out of interest, what specifically did you find despicable? Genuinely asking as I was too young to appreciate that it was anything other than a normal football sacking.

2 minutes ago, Oldben said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mike-ashley-pulls-out-Derby-26152575

It was rumoured that ck offered 50 million, for some reason the administrators wasted time over that and ck pulled out.

Who said we're looking for 50 million.

That came across as being really aggressive but wasn't meant to.

Concerned that those figures quoted are miles apart and the implications of such. 

If Morris does manage to get Gibbo and Couhig in court that is.

6 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Was it, by who, Fred the groundsman?

Edited by RoyMac5

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Strange counter argument. How about ‘We wouldn’t be in the current mess if the Club had not been bought by Morris?’. Equally strange. Pete, you and I often go round in circles. But not this afternoon. I am one hour from a Sunday Roast, I am on to my second beer, and a bottle of wine is suggestively winking at me. Once I have slept it all off I may return to enjoy further circular arguments ?

Hear from you later then.?. Enjoy.

40 minutes ago, I DONT MIND said:

True, plenty of people about saying money had ruined football in 1973.?

An old friend owned a Repair Garage, Phil Gee took it there for a service and minor repairs, In the glove box was his Wage slip, £600 a week, Our jaws dropped?

14 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Noted, and thanks GOC. I knew I was probably winging it a bit on it being 3 years, and I am lazy when it comes to number crunching. How many points might we have expected to be deducted for a 20.5m loss. Would it be any more than the 9 we got?

Anything over £15m is 12 points. Possibly more due to losses increasing season on season, or maybe less for accepting it straight away. 

Straight-line should have been 17 points for the 3 failed periods, but that was negotiated down for whatever reason.

12 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Genuine question.

Do you work for the EFL.?

6 months ago I was complaining repeatedly about the EFL’s failure to control Gibson and his cronies

But it’s no good complaining about what they are doing now. Their backs are against the wall and they’ll do nothing involving Derby without legal sign off. They have an insolvency policy, we approved it I believe. It’s designed to be applied when clubs are insolvent. Their lawyers have obviously told them how it applies in our case and we’re saying they should ignore it? 

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Out of interest, what specifically did you find despicable? Genuinely asking as I was too young to appreciate that it was anything other than a normal football sacking.

In my view he had just got us on the turn. Yes, McClaren might have done a few tweaks that elevated us a bit quicker, but after 3 or 4 years of rebuilding a club in (another) financial hole, with very little real money to spend, he had assembled a squad playing some good football, with players fully behind him. He deserved at least another year. To also sack him immediately after the Forest game was brutal. There is another matter I think that was spoken of a time, something personal in Clough’s life, but it escapes me Nick. Perhaps someone else can add their twopenneth, although we would be going remarkably off tangent if we turn this thread into a Nigel Clough debate. Going to enjoy my beer now. Will try to catch up again on Zoom soon ?

21 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

And if we had been sold in 2019/20 we wouldn’t have failed ffp at all. Or gone into admin. So Boro slapping a writ on us on May 2019 and Efl charging us over the stadium sale in January 2010 both wrongly could well have damaged our prospects of avoiding either. 

The only way we could have avoided a P&S breach was if we sold players for considerable profit, or we sold the club and Mel was allowed to write off £20.5m of debt which counted towards P&S profit. Doubtful on both cases.

12 minutes ago, Oldben said:

The £50m estimate includes the stadium. £28m will be the minimum to get out of administration without a 15 point deductions.

Edited by Ghost of Clough

22 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

You have said why (in your opinion) we are in the current mess. Which we wouldn’t be in if the club had been sold. Even now , if Efl or Boro /Wycombe acted properly we would by now be out of admin and under new ownership. Damaged yes but not staring into the abyss.

You don't know that, it's still an assumption.

Damaged? Too right. Mauled and ripped apart. But all because Morris wanted his money back and wouldn't stop gambling with the Clubs future. We are in the abyss, it's been an horrendous time for the fans, the staff, the players and the Club. The man to blame for this is the Clubs owner.

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Who said we're looking for 50 million.

That came across as being really aggressive but wasn't meant to.

Concerned that those figures quoted are miles apart and the implications of such. 

If Morris does manage to get Gibbo and Couhig in court that is.

?. As i said earlier nobody knows how big the bids that have gone in are. I suppose we may find out at a later date.

1 minute ago, Unlucky Alf said:

An old friend owned a Repair Garage, Phil Gee took it there for a service and minor repairs, In the glove box was his Wage slip, £600 a week, Our jaws dropped?

One player who was a mate of my late old man in the early seventies told him, that he was on £ 200/week plus win bonuses, to a gullible 10 year old i never thought it would be ever possible to spend £200/week, let alone earn it.

2 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

Wasn't Toddy a record too ?

No Toddy may have been the record for a defender. Martin Peters had gone from West ham to Spurs for the first £200,000 a few months earlier.

Todd i believe signed for Derby on decimalisation day. 15/02/71.