The Administration Thread

Boycie

48 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Highly unlikely.

Mel needs to indemnify on this or it’s a non starter IMO .

Platitudes won’t work 

I agree, I cant ser his offer being taken up so he will then need to indemnify but I dont think he needed to offer that just yet.

I just think now there appears to be a solution to these claims one way or another which hopefully means a PB isnt far away - Ashley pulling out before not being picked as a PB is him saving face, thats if he was ever really in

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This.

Do you think Longson was doing it for the love of the game?

The reason longsdon let cloughie go was because he thought cloughie was bigger than the club, and look what happened next down the road. Protest march then was to reinstate cloughie, wish that was all we had got to protest about now,the manager resigning.

6 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

The reason longsdon let cloughie go was because he thought cloughie was bigger than the club, and look what happened next down the road. Protest march then was to reinstate cloughie, wish that was all we had got to protest about now,the manager resigning.

No, Longson thought Cloughie thought he was bigger than Longson. Unless of course you meant, Longson thought Longson was bigger than the Club.

Edited by RoyMac5

11 minutes ago, AndyB said:

Out of interest I wandered onto a Derby County thread on a Middlesbrough forum. Unsurprisingly they seem to have the view that Steve Gibson is an honest owner who plays by the rules and Mel Morris is a dishonest owner who cheats. When someone mentions Steve Gibson moving profit around his different companies to keep Middlesbrough the right side of P&S/FFP (as referenced in Mel Morris’ statement on Friday) they say it is normal business practice. But so is what Mel Morris did at Derby with amortisation! I can’t see the difference other than the EFL worked a charge against Derby (to avoid being sued by Middlesbrough) and Mel Morris put Derby into administration. It is not a big stretch to see a set of circumstances where the EFL could have worked a charge against Middlesbrough and Steve Gibson put Middlesbrough into administration. I guess the Middlesbrough fans only know some elements of the Derby story and are fed propoganda from the North East? But the difference in their views of Steve Gibson and Mel Morris were to me quite shocking.

(I am no fan of Mel Morris by the way, he is still the root cause of Derby’s current issues).

I have looked in the past to try and see it from another perspective. One or two posts are quite reasonable and balanced but the majority think this is all Derby’s fault and should be punished. For some reason they don’t see the points deduction or transfer embargo as a punishment they choose not to accept that. They think Gibson should be allowed to claim what he likes from us even though we haven’t got any money. Now MM has come out and said take me to court they are skirting around that now saying arbitration is the way for them. 
Surely if M & WW claims are genuine the court v Morris is the best place for them because MM has a lot more money than Derby unless their sole purpose is to liquidate us.

3 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I have looked in the past to try and see it from another perspective. One or two posts are quite reasonable and balanced but the majority think this is all Derby’s fault and should be punished. For some reason they don’t see the points deduction or transfer embargo as a punishment they choose not to accept that. They think Gibson should be allowed to claim what he likes from us even though we haven’t got any money. Now MM has come out and said take me to court they are skirting around that now saying arbitration is the way for them. 
Surely if M & WW claims are genuine the court v Morris is the best place for them because MM has a lot more money than Derby unless their sole purpose is to liquidate us.

It’s obviously not about the money….

22 minutes ago, AndyB said:

Out of interest I wandered onto a Derby County thread on a Middlesbrough forum. Unsurprisingly they seem to have the view that Steve Gibson is an honest owner who plays by the rules and Mel Morris is a dishonest owner who cheats. When someone mentions Steve Gibson moving profit around his different companies to keep Middlesbrough the right side of P&S/FFP (as referenced in Mel Morris’ statement on Friday) they say it is normal business practice. But so is what Mel Morris did at Derby with amortisation! I can’t see the difference other than the EFL worked a charge against Derby (to avoid being sued by Middlesbrough) and Mel Morris put Derby into administration. It is not a big stretch to see a set of circumstances where the EFL could have worked a charge against Middlesbrough and Steve Gibson put Middlesbrough into administration. I guess the Middlesbrough fans only know some elements of the Derby story and are fed propoganda from the North East? But the difference in their views of Steve Gibson and Mel Morris were to me quite shocking.

(I am no fan of Mel Morris by the way, he is still the root cause of Derby’s current issues).

Genuine question- do the reactions of the Boro fans surprise you?

For my sins I'm a member of Ramstrust and they seeked to engage with their counterparts at Wycombe and after a few attempts they eventually got the Wycombe/Couhig party line back in response.....

10 hours ago, Derbados said:

so Ashley Bid is well below the expected figure, less than the Binnies and a bid which would have resulted in us starting next season with -15 points. 

He’s now reportedly “fuming” when the admins tell him to **** off and put a serious bid in. 

Beggars belief 

It's a non story

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

As you've bumped this Brailsford and as I likewise value your contributions , here was my response:

Thanks, but from the Middlesbrough statement it says 2nd para third sentence  :

"Without breaking the confidentiality of the proceedings, in simple terms, MFC allege Derby County and its directors systematically cheated under the P&S Rules and that such cheating affects the integrity of the competition"

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/club-statement-Derby-county

So as I read it the claim is also against the directors. EFL for example  brought a claim against Sheff wed and Chansiri jointly, with Chansiri being charged with misconduct (found not guilty).   

Any thoughts on this? It does seem boro were claiming against Directors too. 

Yes Pete, that comes from the mouth of Gibson himself in the second statement he's put out in a week, largely repeating the drivel he put out the week before. Q have chosen not to respond to him and he seems frustrated that they will not waste their time on him. He too doesn't seem to have grasped the fact that in the normal course of events, while he can make a claim against the company that is DCFC Limited, he cannot make a claim against any of the directors because they are personally protected by limited liability. In his offer to Gibson, Mel has offered to forego this protection and expose his own personal assets for Gibson to target in the High Court.

You might have noticed that in the same statement he says that part of the MFC claim is that a central point is that during the period that DCFC was systemically cheating they overvalued Pride Park when one of Mel's other company's bought it. Well the EFL disciplinary hearing cleared DCFC of that charge for explicit and carefully explained reasons but Gibson seems to think he can ignore the ruling. A lot of people on here were angry about that point but also laughed at Gibson's perceived stupidity.

Mel's statement makes me think that it was crafted alongside his legal team while Gibson's utterances make me think that he is just shooting from the lip without recourse to legal advice.

So in short, I cannot take Gibson seriously on what he is saying around this claim and I will not give him headroom. I don't think you should either. I am at the point where the claims don't worry me any more but I am extremely irritated that whilst they remain in the realm of the EFL they are stopping the sale of DCFC.

Gibson now irritates me as much as does Emmanuel Macron with his post Brexit attacks on the UK. They both seem to be suffering from Little Man's syndrome and need a good kicking. I think Gibson will get just that if he accepts Mel's offer of going to the High Court. But I fear he knows that and will try to keep the matter within the cesspit of the EFL which is an environment where little rats can thrive.

14 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Could you explain that in english please. 

Longson thought he was the Club. Longson thought that Cloughie (thought he) was bigger than the Club ie bigger than Longson.

Longson's ego was not going to let Clough be bigger than him.

Edited by RoyMac5

12 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Sorry how about “biological life forms” or is that still too narrow as I it omits rocks and clouds of toxic gases 

Well as life started by "biological life forms" billions of years ago i'd wouldn't want them to be discounted, I mean look where these biological life forms have got us, To a stage where the word "English" have got under the skin of one or two posters.

PS I hope you realise my post was tongue in cheak StrawHill

2 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Yes Pete, that comes from the mouth of Gibson himself in the second statement he's put out in a week, largely repeating the drivel he put out the week before. Q have chosen not to respond to him and he seems frustrated that they will not waste their time on him. He too doesn't seem to have grasped the fact that in the normal course of events, while he can make a claim against the company that is DCFC Limited, he cannot make a claim against any of the directors because they are personally protected by limited liability. In his offer to Gibson, Mel has offered to forego this protection and expose his own personal assets for Gibson to target in the High Court.

You might have noticed that in the same statement he says that part of the MFC claim is that a central point is that during the period that DCFC was systemically cheating they overvalued Pride Park when one of Mel's other company's bought it. Well the EFL disciplinary hearing cleared DCFC of that charge for explicit and carefully explained reasons but Gibson seems to think he can ignore the ruling. A lot of people on here were angry about that point but also laughed at Gibson's perceived stupidity.

Mel's statement makes me think that it was crafted alongside his legal team while Gibson's utterances make me think that he is just shooting from the lip without recourse to legal advice.

So in short, I cannot take Gibson seriously on what he is saying around this claim and I will not give him headroom. I don't think you should either. I am at the point where the claims don't worry me any more but I am extremely irritated that whilst they remain in the realm of the EFL they are stopping the sale of DCFC.

Gibson now irritates me as much as does Emmanuel Macron with his post Brexit attacks on the UK. They both seem to be suffering from Little Man's syndrome and need a good kicking. I think Gibson will get just that if he accepts Mel's offer of going to the High Court. But I fear he knows that and will try to keep the matter within the cesspit of the EFL which is an environment where little rats can thrive.

Where does Wrexit fit in to all this, oh yeah, that’s going very well too ?

31 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

That was all down to "brinkmanship" Kath, I was there, Clough tried to call out Longson, Just like he did with Silver at Leeds, Only those 2 called BCs bluff, BC went to his grave knowing he ducked up all those years ago, What could have been aye ?‍♂️