The Administration Thread

Boycie

50 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The parasites have been backed into a corner they will struggle to get out of.

I think you underestimate their ability to distort and to control the narrative. 

Starting point is we are in admin, we lost our case against the EFl and we had 21 points docked. To the neutral observer it’s not a good starting point - we do not have clean hands 

21 minutes ago, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

I emailed Rick Parry yesterday morning but not had a response:

Dear Mr Parry,

I would like some clarification on the statement put out by your organisation on 3rd February 2022 regarding the situation of Derby County.

Point 1, the statement that “no Club should gain (or seek to gain) any advantage within the context of professional football over other Clubs by not paying all its creditors in full at all times” appears incongruent with the fact that Nottingham Forest, were according to their published accounts, write off a loan of £5million during the year ending 2020 with no apparent recourse. Is this an oversight and you will look to immediately rectify or do different rules apply?

Point 2, the statement is clearly prejudicial and clearly insinuates the claims from Middlesbrough and Wycombe are debts. As I understand it they are not and therefore should not referred to, even by insinuation, as debts. They are heavily disputed claims. The definition of a debt is “the obligation to pay a sum of money owed” and at present no obligation exist. Will you acknowledge and release a statement to the effect that these are not debts as they are currently untested? I believe by referring to them as you have you may have prejudiced the cases against Derby County.

Point 3, I understand that the current regulation specifically prohibits taking legal action outside of the EFL framework but that this is now you current proposed action. This will undoubtedly lead to a significant increase in legal costs for all parties, should Derby be successfully exonerated will the EFL cover these costs as it failed in its duty under its own regulations?  

Finally, it is rumoured in the press that several Championship clubs are likely to breach the Profit & Sustainability regulations during the current season. Can you confirm that this summer you will again be using ‘interchangeable fixture lists and will support compensation claims made against such clubs by others?  As several of these clubs are currently occupying places in or around the top of the division so I would urge you to move the Play-offs to the end of July to allow for the participants decided by the Courts.

Your current narrative appears to distract people from the lack of leadership and incompetence shown by your organisation by attempting try to turn people against Derby County by trying to rile people against us by continually bringing up the money owed to HMRC. Unfortunately this does not appear to be having the desired effect and it appears you will be on the wrong side of history.

Brilliant email, think until the paragraph you might get a response from Parry but you won’t with that last one. You just couldn’t resist a little dig could you ???, bloody hard to control yourself even corresponding to these duckers.

12 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Is anyone else not a fan of this question and answer format of Statement?

It just irritates me. Especially when the questions are inevitably worded to suit a certain answer.

If you are making a statement, make it a statement. Not the question is like it to be and my answer, but your statement of your position.

Is anyone else not a fan  of this question and answer format?

No.

Does EFL have a vendetta against Derby County?

Yes.

Is Gibson a pubeheaded chancer?

Yes. 

I will be making no further comments at this stage until my next statement in a few  minutes time. . 

8 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

2 different points 

- Gibbo’s is asserting a claim by MFC against the club

- Gibbo has blamed MM for our plight. 

Gibbo has never said there is a provable claim against MM. 

MM’s offer is pointless. It’s a PR exercise. He needs to indemnify the club against the claims. 

If Gibson is claiming that DCFC systematically cheated and broke the rules, surely he would be more than entitled to bring a claim against the directors?

All along, MFC have been pedalling the narrative that this is about the owners and administrators of the club and they they do no have a beef with the club, even this week -(these statements are) "deeply unfair, not only to our club, but also to the Derby County supporters who deserve better". As others have implied, they have a difficult choice to make now.

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

No. Not even Couhig could dream that one up. It’s not easy for shareholders to bring claims against directors let alone third parties 

But I’m not sure that actually matters here, it’s not about entitlement. If Morris is literally saying he’s willing to assume legal responsibility for it, and the other parties all agree to proceed on those terms, I don’t see why it would be stopped.

9 hours ago, angieram said:

I think Kirchner is being very indiscreet on Twitter and I am not sure what giving him an opportunity to air his dirty linen in public will acheive.

He might say that the administrators and Mel are the bad guys (and I am sure he is at least partly right in this) but unfortunately the very future of our club lies in their hands.

So Kirchner comes out with some smoking gun on Monday that makes it less likely that we sell our club out of administration. We need to make sure he doesn't shoot DCFC in the foot with it. Best way to do that is not give him the platform to do it.

He attempts to come across as very reasoned and caring about Derby - but we're one of many, so I'm not feeling special! ?

But really he just comes across as feeling bitter about not being 'chosen'.

If he got bored of wasting money trying to buy us, god only knows how quickly he'd have got bored of wasting money trying to run us! ?

Who have we sold then?! Lol. Who were our two best 'roster assets' then?

This guy would make a good Red Top journo! ?

Edited by RoyMac5

Having seen everything that has happened, tbh I actually don't blame Mel for not wanting to take financial responsibility for any arbitration ruling,  because the EFL processes are seriously flawed. 

Many fans have said they would rather see the club start again than pay Boro a penny ....never mind £10million out of their own pocket.

14 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I think you underestimate their ability to distort and to control the narrative. 

Starting point is we are in admin, we lost our case against the EFl and we had 21 points docked. To the neutral observer it’s not a good starting point - we do not have clean hands 

That was the starting point but EFL has lost a lot of ground since. The media may start to wake up to the fact that it is the EFL who are under an existential threat .. they have been put on notice of losing their regulatory powers. 

We haven't actually started any case against EFL. As Morris says in his statement that is as much an option for Derby as it is was for Boro in 2019... probably a lot more so.  And EFL has given us lots of ammunition since including this football creditor thing, but I know you don't agree on that.

The Morris statement certainly turns the tables of the narrative quite a lot, and even though his credibility is shot, people are taking notice of it.  

13 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

But I’m not sure that actually matters here, it’s not about entitlement. If Morris is literally saying he’s willing to assume legal responsibility for it, and the other parties all agree to proceed on those terms, I don’t see why it would be stopped.

He’s saying ‘sue me, Mel, in the high court’. It misses the target by a mile. He now needs to say: “I’ll indemnify the club, bring on the arbitration.” That solution is not as easy to put in place as it might seem so they need to get on with it and stop spinning plates. Because whist Q are doing that the players’ agents are busy writing themselves cheques 

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

He’s saying ‘sue me, Mel, in the high court’. It misses the target by a mile. He now needs to say: “I’ll indemnify the club, bring on the arbitration.” That solution is not as easy to put in place as it might seem so they need to get on with it and stop spinning plates. Because whist Q are doing that the players’ agents are busy writing themselves cheques 

He’s never going to indemnify the club for EFL arbitration losses though. He’s literally just written a 4 page essay about how corrupt he thinks they are. 

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He attempts to come across as very reasoned and caring about Derby - but we're one of many, so I'm not feeling special! ?

But really he just comes across as feeling bitter about not being 'chosen'.

If he got bored of wasting money trying to buy us, god only knows how quickly he'd have got bored of wasting money trying to run us! ?

Who have we sold then?! Lol. Who were our two best 'roster assets' then?

This guy would make a good Red Top journo! ?

Couldn't remember if it was £26m or over £100m of HMRC debt? ?

Plange and Williams were the best two 'roster assets'