The Administration Thread

Boycie

14 minutes ago, teddyb16 said:

Has anyone done the math on Boro's FFP for the last 3 years? They have had a splurge this year. Wouldn't surprise menif they need 5 mill from usbto bring them under the threshold. The Wycombe claim is purely him on the bandwagon. EFL are accountable there for not applying the points deduction 

This is 100% why I think Boro are continuing with it. They need the cash. 

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The problem there is that the EFL rules are not legal, and I'm not aware of any special dispensation that has been afforded to them for circumnavigating the insolvency laws.

Well we need to get them to change their/our Rules, how can a Club go against the Law? If this was say a private members club whose rules wouldn't allow certain specifics how would they be changed?

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

sure they have a choice. Q's decision whether to take EFL's offer of fast track is probably the hardest one they have faced. I'd guess they're currently trying to avoid having to take the decision - by attempting to persuade MM to indemnify buyers against the M/W claims. Let's hope agrees to 'meddle' 

What offer of 'fast-track'?

2 minutes ago, Mckram said:

This is 100% why I think Boro are continuing with it. They need the cash. 

I think this is a red herring, it's far more the Gibson Vs Mel sacred cause of business bro ego.

Rich people stuff.

Perhaps if waghorn just phoned him up and said he doesn't like Middlesbrough it has a funny smell he'd drop it.

2 hours ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

EFL have now come off their fence and officially opened the can of worms.

Surely Q must give some sort of notice of their intention to pursue claims against QPR and Villa ASAP.

If this goes to court and we lose v Boro then it's almost a given that we'd win vs QPR and Villa.

Now that spurious claims have been legitimised as football debts, surely the £300 m or so that we'd claim from QRP and Villa could be popped on our balance sheet and we could become quite attractive to a buyer.......like buying a house with a winning lottery ticket left in the attic.

We can’t really have a case against Villa if we had breached FFP even by a small margin - QPR absolutely - now QPR could go to court and have it thrown out because of the time delay but they would be breaching the EFL rules/guidelines and can be thrown out as well 

38 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

Maybe I haven't dug enough in to the detail but have the EFL explained, at any point, why they believe that a claim from Wycombe could be against the club and not the EFL themselves. There is no plausible way that DCFC should be accountable for the processes not being followed last season, that is entirely within the remit of the EFL? No?

The thing is we DID follow EFL processes to resolve the P&S issues.

The EFL wanted us to be relegated last season, so it's no surprise that they're siding with Wycombe in a case where Wycombe feel we should have been relegated last season.

This is going to enrage some folks... the exact same folk my thoughts below ARE NOT AIMED AT... but will affect them, nonetheless...

The best thing DCFC can do right now is make an official announcement that no Derby fans are to travel and attend the Boro game.  Full refunds.  All tickets returned to Boro.  Supporters clubs coaches cancelled.

Without that, there will be trouble.  The club WILL get a bad rep.  The club WILL get a fine for not controlling there fans.

As has been said, the timing of this Boro game couldn't be worse, and even a minority of our fans reacting in a negative manner will literally be "The last thing we need right now".

Apologies to the more respectable and trustworthy fans amongst us, but that's my thoughts!  ? ?

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

If you think about it Mel could sort this in 5 minutes. He drops the stadium price by 7 million to prospective new owners, that money pays off the blood sucking parasites and the takeover is good to go. But Mel's ego is as big as the Gibbon's so he would rather see the Rams go to the wall than end the feud he has with the joker. I hate the thought of Boro getting a penny but this could be resolved pretty quickly....

Which is what Gibson wants - the picture is bigger though and it destroys football 

actually any payment to the parasites comes out of the offer to buy the club as the stadium is not in administration so we would still fail to get a CVA and receive a 15 point deduction at best whilst creditors including the HMRC would get less which they then wouldn’t accept so again we can’t get a new owner.

8 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

One of the EFL statements has definitely said something about an arbitration hearing being rushed through if necessary.  Can't face reading them all again to find the right one ?

Yeah but arbitration of what? More white-washing facilitation by the EFL.

51 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Didn't someone say that Administrators have the right/power to jump the queue for High Court dates?

I did read that Roy, But Not knowing what the protocol is when in Administration I put down what is the normal prosess for a court sitting when a person/persons have a legal spat that needs resolving, Then there COULD be an appeal, But I believe a high court judge could rule out an appeal for the person/persons who lost their case.

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

This is going to enrage some folks... the exact same folk my thoughts below ARE NOT AIMED AT... but will affect them, nonetheless...

The best thing DCFC can do right now is make an official announcement that no Derby fans are to travel and attend the Boro game.  Full refunds.  All tickets returned to Boro.  Supporters clubs coaches cancelled.

Without that, there will be trouble.  The club WILL get a bad rep.  The club WILL get a fine for not controlling there fans.

As has been said, the timing of this Boro game couldn't be worse, and even a minority of our fans reacting in a negative manner will literally be "The last thing we need right now".

Apologies to the more respectable and trustworthy fans amongst us, but that's my thoughts!  ? ?

More likely it’ll be postponed due to police advice.

This fixture is a powder keg.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

In terms of a civil case, I reckon the court needs to determine the facts or balance of probability for the following:

1) Did Derby attempt to gain an unfair advantage by breaching the rules? - Absolutely 

2) Did Derby gain more points as a result? - Debatable but, on the balance of probability I think an independent court would probably say yes.

All good for Boro so far but this is where the balance changes 

3) If Boro had finished sixth would they have reached the play off final? - Although we did it (by “cheating” don’t forget), by definition the team that scrapes into 6th place (don’t forget Boro’s end of season form) must be weaker than the team that finished 4th. So, on the balance of probability the answer has to be no

4) If they had reached the final would they have won? - As above, the team finishing 6th is, on paper, the weakest team and has only won the play off final in 10% of cases over the the last 20 years. So, on the balance of probability, the answer has to be no.

You could then go on to debate whether Boro would actually have gained financially or spent or the money if they had been promoted but it gets a bit complicated especially with parachute payments if they’d been relegated.

The Wycombe case shouldn’t even get to court. Yes, we avoided a points deduction last season by delaying submitting our amended P&S figures but, we complied with the extended deadline determined by the EFL so, no case to answer.

And to add further to point 3):
...With regards to the second leg... We had to achieve something that no other team had previously achieved, and no other team has achieved since.  Unique.  A One off.  History in the making.  The sort of night that doesn't even get anywhere near consideration as a  "Balance of probability"!  

?