The Administration Thread

Boycie

5 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

Agreef, I've mentioned this before, that is tangible and tbf to Boro I think it's right that they should have got the higher transfer that other  clubs had actually bid, not the value of the 'secret' clause in his contract.

The worry is if they use the Tevez example from WHU and Sheff Utd as that is compensation resulting from a 'what might have happened' scenario

But wasn’t that case a lot more black and white than this? Tevez scored West Ham’s goal on the final day of the season to keep them up and send Sheffield United down. A player they specifically illegally signed. So Sheffield United could literally pinpoint a specific moment that cost them their prem status. 

In this instance, how does boro prove which of our players we overstretched to get? If they can’t how can the prove the true impact of said players on our so called sporting advantage? Bearing in mind their spend and wage bills were much higher than ours.

10 hours ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Yep

But it doesn’t matter as we have no money to pay them.

we need to focus on the fairness of the Arbitration, if we owe Boro And WW money at the end of it, it will probably the end of us ??

I still think that IF Boro and/or Wycombe win and IF they are deemed to be football creditors, they will wish to portray themselves as the good guys and knights in shining armour and say something like “We still think you owe us £xx million but, because we are really nice people and don’t want to see a fellow club fold, we’ll accept £x”. 

10 hours ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Yep

But it doesn’t matter as we have no money to pay them.

we need to focus on the fairness of the Arbitration, if we owe Boro And WW money at the end of it, it will probably the end of us ??

Isn’t the whole point of this so the bidders can understand whether they need to face the claims or not? Rather than them being like o we wont take on the club at all if claims are there. I think whether they are dismissed or ratified, an exit from admin is still likely. It just means bidders will tweak their offers if they know they may have to set aside funds to pay wycombe and boro. 

Edited by Ramos

17 minutes ago, Crewton said:

The Tevez case was an out of court settlement and so should be irrelevant to our case. 

It wouldn't have been a precedent anyway even if there had been a court settlement. West Ham were in the Premier League. These are disputes between teams all of whom are in the EFL. So disputes are subject to EFL rules and processes. 

12 minutes ago, Ramos said:

But wasn’t that case a lot more black and white than this? Tevez scored West Ham’s goal on the final day of the season to keep them up and send Sheffield United down. A player they specifically illegally signed. So Sheffield United could literally pinpoint a specific moment that cost them their prem status. 

In this instance, how does boro prove which of our players we overstretched to get? If they can’t how can the prove the true impact of said players on our so called sporting advantage? Bearing in mind their spend and wage bills were much higher than ours.

I think the other point is that West Ham gained a financial benefit from their actions. 
The other question would be how much money did each club spend that season to prove Derby spent more to gain an advantage. It has been posted earlier that Middle Borough spent more than us that season so who had an advantage?

Does anyone know when the meeting is actually taking place .What shocks me is surely as fans we ought to have had some info ( sometime this week ) seems a little unfair to me . Cant we know a time and what day please . Again unless its been published and ive missed it a shocking lack of info towards the fans seeing as what we did this weekend .

10 minutes ago, Indy said:

As was the Christian Ziege/Liverpool case wasn’t it? Neither set legal precedent as they weren’t fully tested in a court. 

Just checked - yes, it was, but Boro first won an appeal to the High Court which established their legal right to claim against Liverpool, so there was a degree of "precedent" there. It did demonstrate though that Gibson is willing to go all out to get what he thinks he's due. The big difference in our case though is there isn't going to be anyone to pay him even if he wins. 

1 hour ago, Ramos said:

Isn’t the whole point of this so the bidders can understand whether they need to face the claims or not? Rather than them being like o we wont take on the club at all if claims are there. I think whether they are dismissed or ratified, an exit from admin is still likely. It just means bidders will tweak their offers if they know they may have to set aside funds to pay wycombe and boro. 

The whole point is to find out if Boro and WW claims are valid and if so how much compensation we would need to pay, but what happens if the Arbitration panel find for Boro and WW and we do owe them a substantial amout of money. If the amount of money we owe is large then some, or all, of the biders may walk away. The club has very few tangable assets, having to pay money to Boro and WW may tip the balance in making their bids unviable.

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

59 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

It wouldn't have been a precedent anyway even if there had been a court settlement. West Ham were in the Premier League. These are disputes between teams all of whom are in the EFL. So disputes are subject to EFL rules and processes. 

I could sort-of understand Middlescum's argument if, for example, they had missed out on automatic promotion owing so some tangible deviousness, but finishing 3rd to 6th just allows you the privilege of buying a ticket for the four-team lottery.

37 minutes ago, Indy said:

As was the Christian Ziege/Liverpool case wasn’t it? Neither set legal precedent as they weren’t fully tested in a court. 

I think after several appeals Boro eventually got a judge to agree the case could be brought to a court, so there was that precedent, but it was settled the case itself wasn't heard.

11 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Why? Theres no precedent for it. A football creditor would normally be down to being owed money through ordinary football matters, transfer fees etc. 

Without the claim being judged on its merits as a viable claim and compensation awarded accordingly, I really cant see how it can even be considered as to whether it then becomes a football creditor situation.

A precedent unfortunately has to happen for a first time to become a precedent. Although, I may be misunderstanding your point as I'm running low on both sleep and caffeine. 

15 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

The whole point is to find out if Boro and WW claims are valid and if so how much compensation we would need to pay, but what happens if the Arbitration panel find for Boro and WW and we do owe them a substantial amout of money. If the amount of money we owe is large then some, or all, of the biders may walk away. The club has very few tangable assets, having to pay money to Boro and WW may tip the balance in making their bids unviable.

That’s exactly why we shouldn’t have got to this point. We can end up liquidated, stupidity by Pauline Latham and other MPs pushing for this!

1 hour ago, Needlesh said:

If that's true, we're doomed. No ifs, no buts. Surely this has to be independent? Majority vote between our guy and two guys who's sole purpose and intent is to see us ducked? I've never been so scared for our future as I am this morning.

I share your concerns which is why we need somone like Margaret Becket or another MP to ensure the Arbitration process is fair. We do not want to put our trust in the EFL to ensure the process is fair,  neither can we put our faith in Gibson's good nature if the ruling goes against us. 

1 minute ago, Gritstone Tup said:

That’s exactly why we shouldn’t have got to this point. We can end up liquidated, stupidity by Pauline Latham and other MPs pushing for this!

Surely even if the AP found that Boro/WW would be 'football creditors', they then have to prove they are owed anything?