The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He is right to a certain extent, he and the Gibbon aren’t responsible for the debt…..but what he conveniently fails to add is that his and the Gibbons spurious claims are preventing the sale of the club….

Yep.  Complete spin to deflect from the actual issue.  No one denies the debt.  

9 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Anyone want to bet that whichever way this goes for us the EFL will change their rules to stop it happening again

If we win they probably won’t need to change their rules. But a settlement is now more likely and if that’s how it ends up, you may well be right ... 

Keep it non offensive….but if anyone would like to explain to the Ambulance chaser what this means…..and give him an understanding of how this is NEVER going away until justice is done….it might change his mind. 

Twitter @petecouhig 

43 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How so? The other creditors would undoubtedly object.

You are right that the admins have legal advice confirming that we should win, so they can’t pay out major amounts in settlement. But what they CAN do is pay modest amounts because they won’t recover all their costs and because of the ‘vagaries of litigation’. So a likely outcome now (predicted by @B4ev6is in a post this morning) is that the 2 weasels will settle for modest amounts funded by the talents of dear Luke Plange; and that they will then crow in the press that they magnanimously had pity on us in our hour of need. That’s when we all vomit 

But that’s only provided the buyers are not saying - “no, settlement is not enough. We are so freaked out by these claims that we need them adjudicated in your favour. Because only then do we know that there are not more in the woodwork “

if they are saying that our stress levels have not even begun to peak. Because if this goes to trial we might live or die by the result 

Edited by kevinhectoring

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

You are right that the admins have legal advice confirming that we should win, so they can’t pay out major amounts in settlement. But what they CAN do is pay modest amounts because they won’t recover all their costs and because of the ‘vagaries of litigation’. So a likely outcome now (predicted by @B4ev6is in a post this morning) is that the 2 weasels will settle for modest amounts funded by the talents of dear Luke Plange; and that they will then crow in the press that they magnanimously had pity on us in our hour of need. That’s when we all vomit 

But that’s provided the buyers are not saying - “no, settlement is not enough. We are so freaked out by these claims that we need them adjudicated in your favour. Because only then do know that there are not more in the woodwork “

if they say that our stress levels have not even begun to peak. Because if this goes to trial we might live or die by the result 

I can accept any verdict if reached in a fair, transparent and independent  manner. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Not quite the same.

You said he was correct in making that statement. I simply added that no one had actually accused them of what he was implying in making that statement.

The statement he made was correct, regardless of its relevance or whether or not anyone had suggested they were…..

48 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

The statement he made was correct, regardless of its relevance or whether or not anyone had suggested they were…..

Did I say it wasn’t?

I was just questioning if anyone had ever alleged they were responsible and then I went on to suggest a reason he had said it.

I can’t believe we’re debating this when effectively I was only adding to your post not challenging it.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Did I say it wasn’t?

I was just questioning if anyone had ever alleged they were responsible and then I went on to suggest a reason he had said it.

I can’t believe we’re debating this when effectively I was only adding to your post not challenging it.

Not really sure your comment added much to my point but not worth debating any further ?