The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, vonwright said:

Just reading through the text of the parliamentary debate yesterday. Doesn't get off to the best start:

Dr Dan Poulter (Con, Central Suffolk and North Ipswich): "I congratulate my honorable friend on securing this debate and on her and other local MPs’ tremendous efforts and leadership in championing the needs and future of Derby Town."

Thats our government for u.

totally out of touch with anything.. oh and brain dead 

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

I’m not going to argue with you but the EFL saw proof of funds and so did Q .

His workers at his company in America allegedly didn’t get paid for a month  so it’s obvious he had cash flow problems .

Because Slync.io has cashflow problems does not necessarily mean that Kirchner himself is suffering the same. However, given that his company is suffering, it would have been a pretty reckless act for him personally to have been seen at this moment in time to be buying Derby County. It would have been a major concern to Slync's investors, creditors and those employees whose wages are late in being paid. Maybe that was a problem he couldn't resolve at the moment. If so, he would have been in some difficulty in publicly explaining why he could not complete the takeover because to do so would have further exposed Slync's current performance to the USA markets. If that scenario has any substance, it puts Kirchner between a rock and a hard place in coming clean on why he let us down.

I recall Rushden & Diamonds coming from nowhere into the EFL and reached Division One on the back of the owner of Dr Martens who had quickly made a considerable fortune on the back of his boots suddenly becoming a fashion trend. However, when the trend fell away, he had to invoke considerable redundancies. He decided he had to withdraw his personal investment in his football club because morally he could not continue while putting local people out of work. The upshot was that Rushden & Diamonds fell out of the EFL as quickly as they entered it.

Who knows if this is Kirchner's position? Who of us really cares because David Clowes is now on the verge of leading us out of our darkness of the last nine months?

And before anyone jokingly points the finger at me for being CK, the last thing I would want to do is defend him. I wish, as much as anyone on here that we had never heard of him. But then again if he hadn't been around, maybe David Clowes wouldn't have so suddenly been forced to take up arms and rescue the situation.

13 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The only reason someone like Nixon has become so prominent amongst our fan base is that the communications from Quantum throughout this entire process has been absolutely dreadful.

Nixon is the the entity that filled the vacuum.

Wouldn’t say that’s entirely true as Alan Nixon has had his sources on Derby information for a long time now, over the years he has been the leak of many a transfer that has happened.

He’s no different to any other journalist in that some comes off, others don’t, doesn’t automatically mean what he heard wasn’t true at the time, things change.

Where Nixon is different is the volume of what he puts out there and at times rather cryptic, cryptic as he basically wants paying for his work be it through newspapers printing or his Patreon. 

Also I don’t believe he has an agent talk filter, if it gets the clicks, the agents get the name out there, win/win. He get’s enough stuff right not to totally damage his reputation.

Nobody should hang on every word he says, at the same time he shouldn’t be dismissed as knowing nothing.

6 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Cool, so the likes of Tom Lawrence & Festy Ebosele are still employed for another 24 hours

Wonder if they're at the training ground mowing the pitches or something 

I'd genuinely love some DCFC footage like this. We know they are going, we are all on good terms. Just a few clips of them sat on mowers and sweeping up, or polishing Hourihanes name plate or something.

"Yeah we had to report back for preseason for a few days, but since we're not in the gaffers plans hes got us doing this..."

1 minute ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Don't know how reliable this guy is. 

Not being funny but Q and others said a few days ago they were aiming at Wednesday for completion. Posting an article on Wednesday saying hoping it’s today but maybe not isn’t exactly ground breaking.

My forecast? Getting darker as the day goes on but brightening up again by tomorrow morning.