The Administration Thread

Boycie

I obviously do not want the deal to collapse but I've not being getting my hopes up as I've been very skeptical of this guy from the beginning. I've not been buying the line that things haven't hit issues as deadlines get missed.

If the deal falls through I'm worried for the club, beyond the fact that we'll have no players.

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

Nixon reporting 'delay' rather than deal collapsed

Ok. But Nixon is CK's mouthpiece. Financial checks by banks for money laudering are not surprising especially for money from overseas. But the clock is ticking down, if the deal collapses it maybe that Q simply run out of patience. Let's hope whoever it is blocking the deal someone can put the boot up the bum and make it happen.  

2 minutes ago, cstand said:

The only person to blame for all this is MM.

Mel obviously has a lot to answer for and is the leading villain in this horror story but IF the CK bid does collapse at such a late stage then there could potentially be others to blame. Is CK a chancer simply stringing us along with numerous positive messages? Has CK and his team been negligent in putting out positive messages and then blaming such things as bank holidays when there still some important pieces of the jigsaw to put in place? Have Q been incompetent in their administration and the approval of CK as preferred bidder? Has Ashley, or another third party, thrown a spanner in the works to scupper the deal? There are no doubt more potential characters.

I desperately hope none of the above are true and the deal is completed this week but the ED’s quote worries me enormously.

What’s happened to Team Derby, the Rams Trust, BAWT etc. at this critical time?

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Mel obviously has a lot to answer for and is the leading villain in this horror story but IF the CK bid does collapse at such a late stage then there could potentially be others to blame. Is CK a chancer simply stringing us along with numerous positive messages? Has CK and his team been negligent in putting out positive messages and then blaming such things as bank holidays when there still some important pieces of the jigsaw to put in place? Have Q been incompetent in their administration and the approval of CK as preferred bidder? Has Ashley, or another third party, thrown a spanner in the works to scupper the deal? There are no doubt more potential characters.

I desperately hope none of the above are true and the deal is completed this week but the ED’s quote worries me enormously.

What’s happened to Team Derby, the Rams Trust, BAWT etc. at this critical time?

What would be the point if he was a chancer? How could the EFL and Quantuma not spot this sooner? When you do some research he looks credible. So hopefully it is just a holdup in the transfer of funds but the money is there. But I don't know what to believe anymore. The thing is Radio Derby are usually right.

4 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Anti money laundering checks by the bank. Usually only takes a couple of days though.

AML checks would depend on the value involved assume the complexity of the provenance of that money. 

If you have a £25k house deposit from savings and a £50k salary then this going to a fairly quick check.

If you need to show where £60m has come from and it's from crypto and/or other sources, is say 2 days is really ambitious.

That said, CK would/should know that all this is going to take time....

7 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Anti money laundering checks by the bank. Usually only takes a couple of days though.

But if you're a 30-something year old guy, with no history of wealth in the US, who claims he got it through crypto-currency trading, it wouldn't be that surprising if the checks were a little more intrusive...