The Administration Thread

Boycie

10 hours ago, angieram said:

Didn’t Kirchner’s last tweet suggest he was looking to complete a private purchase of PPS? Which contradicts what he had said before about not wanting to deal with Mel Morris. 

anyway looks like PPS is in demand but selling a commercial property quickly isn’t that easy.  Morris has to play ball. But really everyone has to come together and get this over the line.

11 hours ago, Carnero said:

I'm 99.9% sure that they'll add it into whichever season affects us most, so next season.

I think the extra 3 for not sticking to budget (like we even had the chance not to when we are stuck in a permanent embargo!) would have probably applied to this season.

They’re hardly likely to do it for this season are they ffs!

Maybe they should back date 5 years lol!

7 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Didn’t Kirchner’s last tweet suggest he was looking to complete a private purchase of PPS? Which contradicts what he had said before about not wanting to deal with Mel Morris. 

anyway looks like PPS is in demand but selling a commercial property quickly isn’t that easy.  Morris has to play ball. But really everyone has to come together and get this over the line.

I took his tweet to mean that other private individuals would be buying it (a LoG). It’s consistent w the Punjabi rams messages.  

if there are several gents involved in the league, then we need to be patient. It will not all be agreed overnight 

10 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I took his tweet to mean that other private individuals would be buying it (a LoG). It’s consistent w the Punjabi rams messages.  

if there are several gents involved in the league, then we need to be patient. It will not all be agreed overnight 

It needs to done and dusted in 3 more nights.

5 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

If Q are faced on Saturday with MM, Ck and a LoG moving in the right direction, they will extend surely 

It’s not a case of just extending the preferred bidder status, the money is running / has run out.  Will CK be prepared to start writing cheques on the basis it’s moving in the right direction?

6 minutes ago, Kinder said:

It’s not a case of just extending the preferred bidder status, the money is running / has run out.  Will CK be prepared to start writing cheques on the basis it’s moving in the right direction?

And will players keep hanging on for a contract.

The more players leave the more the value of the company drops, meaning CK is getting an ever increasing worse deal.

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

11 minutes ago, Kinder said:

I suspect we're pretty much okay for a couple of weeks.  The next major outlay is going to be May's wages, but I don't think they're paid until towards the end of the month (I've got the 25th in my head, but I could be wrong).  That gives us until then without need any major cash, so it probably makes sense to extend until then (assuming everything else is still moving forwards etc).  If we hit that date and still have no resolution on the stadium, then we have to make a decision.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Yes a private purchase but he did not say he is the private individual

40 minutes ago, Kinder said:

Probably not. I’d think he needs a deal signed before he can unleash his largesse. But we probably have enough to muddle through for a few more days. 

On 28/04/2022 at 13:24, Millenniumram said:

FWIW, in a rare bit of itk, I happen to know that the council have secured funding to purchase the stadium. So hopefully that one will be resolved soon.

This looked like good news a couple of weeks ago. Is it still on?

2 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

This looked like good news a couple of weeks ago. Is it still on?

As several people speculated - the speed at which local authorities move made this a wildly ambitious plan to be relying on

The City Council having an intention, is usually several years away from the plan becoming a reality

6 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

As several people speculated - the speed at which local authorities move made this a wildly ambitious plan to be relying on

The City Council having an intention, is usually several years away from the plan becoming a reality

One of the Black & White Together members (Nigel Owen) was on Radio Derby the other day, Monday I think, and he said that this "local businessman" who had come forward to potentially buy the stadium is in effect offering to use his own money to speed up the sale process and act as a bridge to the Council owning it later on.

The closer to the weekend we get, the more I think CK will fail in his bid (i so hope im wrong). The assumption seems to be the extention from the administrators is because they believe CK will be successful, I actually think the administrators are doing everything they can to ensure he is, because the alternative will see them paid less for their services.

Mike Ashley is poised and is waiting, a shark circling the life raft knowing CKs grip is loosening by the day.

If no stadium deal is done this week, Ashley will probably offer the least amount in the pound that he can, will probably agree a deal with Mel for the stadium (as was previously done) and will offer a take it or leave it offer to Quantuma.

I'm sure all will come clear when Nixon updates us Sunday morning.

Trying to get something straight in my head here around the stadium ownership

If MM owns the stadium (albeit mortgaged via loans from MSD) and his company that owns the stadium is not in Administration, then that means MM effectively still has a business trading as normal as the Landlord of PPS

So do we assume that Quantuma have been paying him rent for the stadium throughout the whole process (from gate receipts I guess?) - and he then has been using that income to make his loan repayments to MSD?

We know that an extra loan was taken out from MSD to get us to the end of the season- where does that fit in?