The Administration Thread

Boycie

8 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

He's not even our owner yet and he's got another Championship club making statements to dispute him. At this rate rather than asking which clubs Derby or Derby affiliated people have pissed off, you'd get a quicker answer asking which clubs are left who we haven't. It's all a bit tiring ....

"When we were approached in February 2022 regarding the potential sale of the Club a number of valuations were put to us by one party culminating in an offer which was confirmed as acceptable.

"This was just the start of a process that could have led to a successful takeover. Various other elements that would have been required were not completed by the bidder within the agreed timescale.

"The most important point to make absolutely clear is that contrary to suggestions in the public domain we at no time increased the asking price from the price and terms included in the originally agreed offer."

14 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

He's not even our owner yet and he's got another Championship club making statements to dispute him. At this rate rather than asking which clubs Derby or Derby affiliated people have pissed off, you'd get a quicker answer asking which clubs are left who we haven't. It's all a bit tiring ....

You have to factor in that with Risedales involvement with Preston then they could essentially be used as a stick to beat us with on behalf of the EFL.

Of course that is just a personal opinion and is in no way fact. I suppose it all depends on where you sit in assuming how impartial the EFL have been to our predicament. 

29 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Meh. I’d consider being responsible for Ridsdale having a huff as a badge of honour. 

11 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

You have to factor in that with Risedales involvement with Preston then they could essentially be used as a stick to beat us with on behalf of the EFL.

Of course that is just a personal opinion and is in no way fact. I suppose it all depends on where you sit in assuming how impartial the EFL have been to our predicament. 

How is it derby county fault is it so how can they complain it is our fault.

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

It's definitely not our fault buddy  but in my opinion if the EFL can find a way to get at us then they'll use it. They have  shown they will do this already. 

Well we can argue that kircher chose to come back in.

I think might not to hack derby fans off they should learned we say we are going to do something we do it.

3 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

It's definitely not our fault buddy  but in my opinion if the EFL can find a way to get at us then they'll use it. They have  shown they will do this already. 

Are you saying the EFL and Preston are in cahoots about statements relating to their sale falling through ? Really….

40 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

A personal opinion Steve, which I share with you. Mr. Ridsdale, who did to Leeds what Morris has done to Derby and who was later struck off and disqualified from being a company director for seven years for transferring £347,000 into his personal bank account instead of his company, which had gone into liquidation with debts of £478,698 - most of which was owed to HMRC. By this time he was chairman of Preston. In order to continue in this role he gave up his directorship but was employed as an advisor to the owner.While the  Insolvency Service expressed concern at his continuing presence at Preston, legally he had cocked a snook at them and is still involved there today and represents the club at the EFL, where despite his track record he is regarded as a fit and proper person.

In Preston's spat with Kirchner there will be no independent witnesses to what happened. So we'll never know for sure. But I think a reasonable person is entitled to distrust Ridsdale, given his past. So there you have it. For me, Preston's statement today is not worth the paper it is written on but the EFL may put a much higher value on it. 

Edited by Brailsford Ram

4 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

A personal opinion Steve, which I share with you. Mr. Ridsdale, who did to Leeds what Morris has done to Derby and who was later struck off and disqualified from being a company director for seven years for transferring £347,000 into his personal back account instead of his company, which had gone into liquidation with debts of £478,698 - most of which was owed to HMRC. By this time he was chairman of Preston. In order to continue in this role he gave up his directorship but was employed as an advisor to the owner.While the  Insolvency Service expressed concern at his continuing presence at Preston, legally he had cocked a snook at them and is still involved there today and represents the club at the EFL, where despite his track record he is regarded as a fit and proper person.

In Preston's spat with Kirchner there will be no independent witnesses to what happened. So we'll never know for sure. But I think a reasonable person is entitled to distrust Ridsdale, given his past. So there you have it. For me, Preston's statement today is not worth the paper it is written on but the EFL may put a much higher value on it. 

Well to me preston clearly in more trouble than derby are even through still in admin. Maybe kircher saw something I thought better off it and throught derby in trouble money wise and fans base make up the money I about to spend in buying great derby county football club.

7 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Given the obvious disdain Kirchner has for Morris, I'd say a quick deal would be unlikely. CK hinted at changing prices on PP back in Dec/Jan & no guarantees Morris wouldn't try to extract a few more quid. I think it makes more sense the council dealing with Morris & removing him from DCFC entirely asap. See no reason why a deal couldnt be struck quickly given they are acting as a benign trustee (and not a rich prospective owner) so making negotiations with Morris less adversarial.

Once done, my preference would be for the council to keep ownership of PP to prevent this debacle happening again. They can charge rent/share of gate receipts so it becomes a revenue generator for the public purse but allow CK to utilise PP for other revenue generating events. That arrangement would also lower CK's capital outlay so enabling him to focus funds on rebuilding club infrastructure/playing side...win win.

MM did a deal quickly with Gibbo when he had to. No love lost there.

but now the council has suggested they could backstop, might take the pressure off MM to do a deal with CK 

25 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

A personal opinion Steve, which I share with you. Mr. Ridsdale, who did to Leeds what Morris has done to Derby and who was later struck off and disqualified from being a company director for seven years for transferring £347,000 into his personal bank account instead of his company, which had gone into liquidation with debts of £478,698 - most of which was owed to HMRC. By this time he was chairman of Preston. In order to continue in this role he gave up his directorship but was employed as an advisor to the owner.While the  Insolvency Service expressed concern at his continuing presence at Preston, legally he had cocked a snook at them and is still involved there today and represents the club at the EFL, where despite his track record he is regarded as a fit and proper person.

Ridsdale surely has to stand aside on this issue from EFL side, he has a clear conflict of interest gven Kirchner's spat with Preston.