The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

A question for the collective. A few posters have attempted to estimate CK’s wealth and we don’t know if he is backed by other investors. If he is at a reasonable wealth level, I think somebody said similar to Mel ( although that’s unknown) why not buy the stadium? 

Because 60 Million at a lower end estimate is a massive gamble for what could be a  Div 1 club with no players .

He can lease and then  buy the Stadium at a later date when hopefully we are on the way to recovery from this awful mess 

6 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I don’t think ‘preferred bidder’ is Quantuma’s term.  If so, why have clubs in administration announced a ‘preferred bidder’ why are Chelsea (although not in administration) about to choose a ‘preferred bidderk out of the four that have bid.  Are they all wrong?

Certainly PB is not Q’s term. They should be focused on getting CK on a contractual hook so it’s a foolish term for them to use 

Chelsea is quite different. The timetable for diligence is compressed (comedy stories coming out of the club right now about the process). More important Chelsea are in little danger of going bust if they lose a PB. If cK withdraws after 6 weeks negotiation we are in onechop territory 

Just now, kevinhectoring said:

Certainly PB is not Q’s term. They should be focused on getting CK on a contractual hook so it’s a foolish term for them to use 

Chelsea is quite different. The timetable for diligence is compressed (comedy stories coming out of the club right now about the process). More important Chelsea are in little danger of going bust if they lose a PB. If cK withdraws after 6 weeks negotiation we are in onechop territory 

We have been in that territory for a while until City Council intervened on the Stadium with Mel which brought CK back to the table.  
Why Ashley and Appleby chose to stay on the fence was presumably it’s still a massive gamble 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Because 60 Million at a lower end estimate is a massive gamble for what could be a  Div 1 club with no players .

He can lease and then  buy the Stadium at a later date when hopefully we are on the way to recovery from this awful mess 

Also, most very wealthy folk have their money tied up in medium to long-term investments - why take a hit by pulling money out of one of those (with associated costs) when he can potenttially pay a million or two per year while he restructures his money?

I absolutely understand a new owner wanting the security of owning the stadium alongside the club, but if there's a cast iron guarantee that he can purchase the ground at a later date, it makes sense to rent initially.....

The immediate investment needs to go into the playing squad. Once we're back on track there, then I'm sure the stadium will follow.

Hopefully DCC might be able to get the stadium from Mel, so that poison is well and truly out of DCFC and its affairs for good.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Any idea how long the period of exclusivity is. I presume it's set by Q? 

I don't think anyone outside of the process knows. Or what commitments (funding etc) Kirchner has given in return.  Presumably it must be a reasonable length of time (at least a month, you'd have thought), to give enough time to get a deal pretty much there.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

And the second part, you think it's all rosy now?

We need to know what is going on and when, just in case...

Well you need to wait about 3 to 4 weeks with nothing said according to  Gerald Krasner on RD last night who did Wigan Administration .

Maybe you should listen 

Just now, Curtains said:

Well you need to wait about 3 to 4 weeks with nothing said according to  Gerald Krasner on RD last night who did Wigan Administration .

Maybe you should listen 

Maybe I should. But I'd have to know it existed first, why didn't you mention before when I asked?

6 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I would have thought 'preferred bidder', 'period of exclusivity' are all standard, legal aspects of the administration process.

Please could anyone with more knowledge, time and patience than me say what the average time for those clubs to name a preferred bidder to actually confirming the sale and coming out of Administration.

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

I would have thought 'preferred bidder', 'period of exclusivity' are all standard, legal aspects of the administration process.

Please could anyone with more knowledge, time and patience than me say what the average time for those clubs to name a preferred bidder to actually confirming the sale and coming out of Administration.

Get RD on BBC Sounds last night and listen to Gerald Krasner mate .

He did Wigan case he’s very good