The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Just checking, nothing happening in public then - just folks criticising everybody involved without no one knowing the facts it seems?

You’re right, no one knows the facts, there’s no confirmed news. So it seems people are using a football forum to discuss and speculate in the absence of that news, some of which includes the sharing of personal opinion. Reporting of fact based news will come from the club and certain media outlets if and when something happens, until then is it wrong for people to use this space for a discussion with fellow fans? 

11 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

it’s a truth universally acknowledged, that a man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a ‘community asset’ and - if he buys it - that he is morally responsible to ensure it does not diminish in value during his tenure. 

Problem is, if MM had said to us: I’m going to chuck £200 m at the club because that’s what’s needed to rise above the parachute corps...   most of us would have said, God bless you you are our saviour. 

And if he’d also said to us, don’t forget I’ve never run a football club, I don’t know how to delegate and I’m not a great judge of character, most of us would have said, let’s go for it anyway 

All credit to those who said along the way, this is too much risk. But there weren’t many: most of us enjoyed the big signings, Frank, mason Mount, the Leeds game etc etc, even Rooney 

We enjoyed the signings because we stupidly and wrongly thought that Morris and DCFC could afford these signings....but if we knew it was putting our club in jeopardy of course we would'nt...

what?? are we supposed to not like every signing because we think the controller/owner/man in charge of our football club is gambling with our future???? No we/ I thought Morris is a business man knows how to run a business so you trust him......only to over spend....not pay the tax man and then walk away....please wake up and smell the coffee mate....its a ludicrous statement to make saying did we like the signings?? of course we did....what we did not know was we had someone slowly sentencing our club to all of this misery.....He was and is responsible for this and he should be giving the stadium back as he's walked away from debt he orchestrated!! fact?

7 minutes ago, S8TY said:

We enjoyed the signings because we stupidly and wrongly thought that Morris and DCFC could afford these signings....but if we knew it was putting our club in jeopardy of course we would'nt...

what?? are we supposed to not like every signing because we think the controller/owner/man in charge of our football club is gambling with our future???? No we/ I thought Morris is a business man knows how to run a business so you trust him......only to over spend....not pay the tax man and then walk away....please wake up and smell the coffee mate....its a ludicrous statement to make saying did we like the signings?? of course we did....what we did not know was we had someone slowly sentencing our club to all of this misery.....He was and is responsible for this and he should be giving the stadium back as he's walked away from debt he orchestrated!! fact?

The main problem was the signings, too many average players on big wages, when we realised they were not goid enough, we had trouble moving tgem on, becausw nobody would pay thier rediculous wage demands.

How much was wasted sacking managers, Rusk and Keogh et al.  Only one person to blame and he's walked away.

Liquidation us inevitable and hopefully allow us to start again at the bottom of League 2 after ashley buys the stadium...

2 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

The main problem was the signings, too many average players on big wages, when we realised they were not goid enough, we had trouble moving tgem on, becausw nobody would pay thier rediculous wage demands.

How much was wasted sacking managers, Rusk and Keogh et al.  Only one person to blame and he's walked away.

Liquidation us inevitable and hopefully allow us to start again at the bottom of League 2 after ashley buys the stadium...

Tragic, but only too too true!?

8 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

Liquidation will not happen. It certainly is not inevitable. 

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

You’re right, no one knows the facts, there’s no confirmed news. So it seems people are using a football forum to discuss and speculate in the absence of that news, some of which includes the sharing of personal opinion. Reporting of fact based news will come from the club and certain media outlets if and when something happens, until then is it wrong for people to use this space for a discussion with fellow fans? 

If you are a busy executive with no time to trawl through comments on this thread try the daily updates thread instead. 

15 hours ago, Ramifications said:

Ask yourself the following. If you were Mike Ashley with all the terrible poo going on in Ukraine and the possibility of escalation, would you want to invest your hard earned in potentially a League One football club? 

Honestly?

If I were Mike Ashley, I`d be looking around what other clubs I could spend my money on and develop right now.

It appears Kirchner is paying around £40m for Preston, a club with a stadium and squad. Maybe not as much potential as DCFC in terms of fan base etc, but still a famous old club, with great history and currently competing at the right end of the Championship.

If as it seems c£50m is required just to take the Club out of administration, is it a good deal in comparison?

Has MM taken the club too far into a black hole?

I dunno, but trying to be logical about it doesn`t make for a good nights sleep.

20 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

Honestly?

If I were Mike Ashley, I`d be looking around what other clubs I could spend my money on and develop right now.

It appears Kirchner is paying around £40m for Preston, a club with a stadium and squad. Maybe not as much potential as DCFC in terms of fan base etc, but still a famous old club, with great history and currently competing at the right end of the Championship.

If as it seems c£50m is required just to take the Club out of administration, is it a good deal in comparison?

I dunno, but trying to be logical about it doesn`t make for a good nights sleep.

If Kirchner is paying £40 m for Preston, why did binnies only offer £30 m for Derby also including the stadium? We do not require £50m to take the club out of admin. We need £44m I think the figure GoC mentioned to avoid any furter penalties from EFL. 

Preston average home crowd this season has been half ours, in spite of all our current problems. So we should be sold for more than Preston, arguably a lot more.   

Edited by PistoldPete

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

What a hypocrite.

Never had an issue with Chelsea but they were a big club because of the owners money, without it they will become what they always were a mid table Prem team. Bigger than Derby but smaller than Spurs, Arsenal and probably West Ham. Man City are the same.

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

If Kirchner is paying £40 m for Preston, why did binnies only offer £30 m for Derby also including the stadium? We do not require £50m to take the club out of admin. We need £44m I think the figure GoC mentioned to avoid any furter penalties from EFL. 

I think my now we all should take figures and ITK in the social media with a pinch of salt. I have a feeling (based on far too much coffee) that our new owner will be a bid outside of those mentioned....just a feeling

7 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I think my now we all should take figures and ITK in the social media with a pinch of salt. I have a feeling (based on far too much coffee) that our new owner will be a bid outside of those mentioned....just a feeling

Some bugger else ? or maybe Gadsby back in with a consortium. 

14 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Some bugger else ? or maybe Gadsby back in with a consortium. 

Just have a feeling that the delay is due to a late entry.....nothing at all to back it up. If it was just the 3 (now 2) wouldn't it have been sorted by now?

1 hour ago, Woodley Ram said:

Never had an issue with Chelsea but they were a big club because of the owners money, without it they will become what they always were a mid table Prem team. Bigger than Derby but smaller than Spurs, Arsenal and probably West Ham. Man City are the same.

To be fair to them - in the 70’s , they had a great team . FA cup , Cup winners cup etc. Players like Chopper Harris , Peter Osgood etc. They got into a brawl every time they played the original dirty Leeds.

Just have a feeling that the delay is due to a late entry.....nothing at all to back it up. If it was just the 3 (now 2) wouldn't it have been sorted by now?

I cautiously agree based on nothing but blind optimism on a sunny springlike Monday morning with blossom on the trees, birds singing and the rabbits, squirrels and partridges happily out in the garden. 

2 hours ago, S8TY said:

I remember the protracted signing of Jozwiak, many here watching his games for Poland when news broke out we were after him, considering the extra million the price increased to be well worth paying. He was just what Derby needed according to so many and we must sign him. Me, I could not see what everyone else was seeing in him. 

Morris to give the stadium back for nowt, then what, the new owners get a £30m stadium thrown in for a £30m takeover fee. They could probably put the club up for sale the next day for £35m, debt free, and make the profit they hoped by investing, a 15 per cent profit thanks to this generous gesture in a blink. They would be the only winners in this and from what I can gather, the sale of the ground will be to pay off the Dell secured loan.

2 hours ago, RipleyRich said:

Honestly?

It's interesting to compare the values of Derby and Preston from an investors point of view. To really make any money you need to get promotion to the premier and currently you'd have to say that Preston are in a better position. However, looking at it from a practical point of view it is unlikely that either club will be in the premier any time soon. With this in mind, which club is the better prospect? I believe that even in lg1, Derby will generate a larger income than Preston and more so if competing in the same league, which is the most likely scenario in 2 or 3 years time.

In summary, I would suggest that Derby are more likely to bring in more money for the same expenditure on wages and running costs. 

Looking at the clubs' accounts, Preston are still losing money even with their relatively low wages and running costs. However, if Derby were to be run with the same level of wages and running costs, Derby would be be making a profit from their much larger turnover.

Edited by ram59
Clarity

Well there was a comment to that effect wasn't there - something about additional expressions of interest? If they were a new party in this little admin dance then perhaps there are issues of funding proofs and suitable person tests on top of just evaluating what they are offering to see if it ticks enough boxes. We don't have a whole lot in terms of assets but how much is a golden share worth ? Depends on why you are buying it I suppose. If it is a pure business venture then you probably don't want to offer much but what would say a Gadsby type character be prepared to pay for that ? vs lowball and points deductions ?

Who know though right ? In the meantime we're just helpless and frustrated. Fact is that for all that we look like a terrible deal, something is worth what people will pay for it and that is down to perceptions of the viability of a deal and what competition you have. A failure to comply with minimal settlement of debt is certainly a possibility but in truth none of knows how likely or not.