The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Goalkeepers are: Roberts, Evans, JThompson

20 outfielders in the first team and U23 squads to choose from(some are 2nd year scholars), 7 other 2nd year scholars in the U18 squad, and a number of first year scholars (yet to be officially announced)

Wow thats it then with that available lot we look a shoe-in to win the league 

2 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Well it would seem that press are a bit "fool me once..." and they have rushed off to cover Mo Salah getting a new contract. So hopefully Ed Dawes gets the scoop.

Seems like Ravel has gone now as well (no shock I know), Twitter by the way.

Such a huge rebuilding job now but sooner the take over done the better.

7 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Wow thats it then with that available lot we look a shoe-in to win the league 

No one is saying we’re a shoe-in to win the league, it’s simply that this idea people keep shouting that we’ve “got no players” is just not true.
We have got players on the books according to the retained list the EFL has published, not the quality we want in a general sense in that it’s lacking experienced pros and depth in key positions, but there is a skeleton squad there. There is time for a takeover to happen, the transfer window doesn’t close for weeks, the season itself is still a few weeks away. Things can change quickly, might be that we start the kids in the first few games then add players and grow in time. The season doesn’t finish in August.

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

We have got players on the books according to the retained list the EFL has published

It was this that made me a little nervous a while back, 23 retained players. I could see the efl saying thats the lot and making us do a one in one out for 2 years.

1 minute ago, Chopper said:

It was this that made me a little nervous a while back, 23 retained players. I could see the efl saying thats the lot and making us do a one in one out for 2 years.

Could be the case, but all the media rumours suggest otherwise. If it were the case we at least know from that list that Festy, Ebiowei and Watson are now gone. So there would be 3 “ins”. It could be a rough year or two, but there’ll be a club to support which is what matters for me in the bigger picture

Just now, twelveincher said:

Is there anything actually stopping them for announcing at 5:12pm? Do things like this get embargoed until a given time? I think I remember a previous press release referencing an press embargo until 6pm

Yes Q’s competence.