The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, LazloW said:

What I really don’t understand is; why announce that “it’s all done bar the shouting, and it will definitely be done tomorrow”, if there is any chance it won’t be. Why make a rod for your own back? Why whip up expectations yet again? Why why why.

I know there’s another 8 hours of Thursday to go, but surely they would have announced something by now if it were ‘nailed on’.  

I work from home and it’s times like this I wish I was still in the office; at least I wouldn’t be able to spend so much time refreshing this thread and Twitter with the beady eye of my boss on me!! 

I thought they said they anticipated it would be done tomorrow (today)

3 minutes ago, LazloW said:

What I really don’t understand is; why announce that “it’s all done bar the shouting, and it will definitely be done tomorrow”, if there is any chance it won’t be. Why make a rod for your own back? Why whip up expectations yet again? Why why why.

I know there’s another 8 hours of Thursday to go, but surely they would have announced something by now if it were ‘nailed on’.  

I work from home and it’s times like this I wish I was still in the office; at least I wouldn’t be able to spend so much time refreshing this thread and Twitter with the beady eye of my boss on me!! 

They didn't say anything like that.

1 minute ago, LazloW said:

What's the alternative though?  No statement last night? A statement saying we don't know how long it will take?  Not sure either of those are any better.

4 minutes ago, LazloW said:

This exactly, 100%.

2 minutes ago, cjdlog said:

I thought they said they anticipated it would be done tomorrow (today)

Probably, but there was no need to have even said that. They could have just said that they were extending PB status, things are progressing well and it will be done when it’s done.  
What they said may well have been in good faith, but it’s still blinking annoying. 

12 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Who's to say your boss isn't on here.....
the eye flames GIF

They've realised they've not paid Umbro yet for this season's shirt, and they need at least one to photograph Clowes and all our new signings with. Justin Walker's jumped in the car now with £50 petty cash to drive down to London and pick up a single replica from Umbro HQ. Three hour round trip, another hour for photos... 8pm announcement.

You heard it here first.

What is the meaning behind Waiting for Godot?

The play is a typical example of the Theatre of the Absurd, and people use the phrase 'waiting for Godot' to describe a situation where they are waiting for something to happen, but it probably never will...