The Administration Thread

Boycie

Isn't it strange, even after 3 failed attempts people are still so strong in their assertions about who they do and don't want. Surely at this stage it's all about who wants us not the other way round. 

Of course it would be extremely disappointing to find ourselves on -15 points at the start of next season when there is really no necessity for that to happen. The bidders will almost certainly have the means and the opportunity to put together a package that satisfies the creditors, thus avoiding a sanction.

But I guess if that is how it turns out to be, it will be because that is the best offer on the table, and we should be grateful.

It is vital that whoever takes over has the full support of the fans because that's the least they deserve for putting up the money to save us.

So at the moment we know of Ashley and Morgan who are both interested, along with an alleged number of other parties (did I read possibly 8 in total earlier?!) meaning there’s still hope to cling onto. They need to get on with it now (stating the obvious I know), Ashley and Morgan are both listed as very wealthy men with past football ownership experience so they might actually be able to pay.

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

15 minutes ago, alram said:

i'm not going to sit here and defend every move ashley has made.

but the reality is we are a completely different club and job to newcastle. he will make us a sustainable club, it is what we need. and if it means he takes us as far as he can he can sell us on as an attractive club to buy then so be it.

but the long term future of this club is not in doubt with ashley as owner. that is a fact.

Also this will be his second pop at owning a football club! He might have learnt a few things at Newcastle that he wouldnt do the same here! Nobody knows but i agree that Ashley would make us secure! 

Can we add Simon Jordan to the revenge list when all this’s cleared up?? Mans got more opinions then someone suffering with split personality disorder and every one of them’s utter b******s.

5 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

So at the moment we know of Ashley and Morgan who are both interested, along with an alleged number of other parties (did I read possibly 8 in total earlier?!) meaning there’s still hope to cling onto. They need to get on with it now (stating the obvious I know)

And so the Derby County Okey Cokey continues!

1 minute ago, seths-cap said:

Can we add Simon Jordan to the revenge list when all this’s cleared up?? Mans got more opinions then someone suffering with split personality disorder and every one of them’s utter b******s.

Simon Jordan knows all about plunging clubs into administration at the end of a failed tenure as owner. Surprised he's not bigging up Mel Morris for a talksport gig.

6 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

So at the moment we know of Ashley and Morgan who are both interested, along with an alleged number of other parties (did I read possibly 8 in total earlier?!) meaning there’s still hope to cling onto. They need to get on with it now (stating the obvious I know), Ashley and Morgan are both listed as very wealthy men with past football ownership experience so they might actually be able to pay.

They have to be well heeled though cos that's what it said on the Tweet. 

If they're wearing jellies or crocs or sliders then that's them out. Nixon said so.

1 hour ago, I know nuffin said:

Daft thought. Could it be because if he was chucked out he could not come back but if he withdraws he can come back if his cash is released. Just have a feeling we haven't seen the back of him

It could be that at the death he simply got cold feet. If so then he wasn’t the man for us anyway. He wasted our valuable time whatever was the reason and the truth may never emerge. We simply have to move on and hope that there is a solution amongst the remaining interested parties.

it’s worrying that allegedly some member clubs are said to be calling for us to be treated like Bury. If that’s right it really smacks of self interest. If we are chucked out of the competition we will be replaced by Solihull Moors who will be much less of a threat for the other clubs to compete against. Solihull Moors for Derby County? It smacks of a preference for drinking white wine vinegar as opposed to Champagne.

I just wish that Mel Morris was out of the process altogether. If he was out of the equation maybe the EFL would take its boot off our neck. Without him around the only people to suffer the EFL vindictiveness is the Derby County fan base, who have done nothing wrong whatsoever and are the biggest victims of Morris’ folly. Those fans have put millions of pounds into the EFL coffers over the years but the suggestion now is that some member clubs would prefer the fledgling Solihull Moors to replace us with the relative paucity of income their fans would bring into the League.

It just illustrates what a snake pit the EFL has become.

it must have been much friendlier when it was just the original 12.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

5 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I always get a really bad feeling with all these rumours! Ill believe it when its done and pray that it does get done because weve had rumours from the start and weve still not been bought! I do sometimes worry for the worst, what if it is all just hot air and press/social media bull ?!

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

It's the way he uses 'bid' and 'other bids remain'. Does he really mean/know there have been bids put in. Or does he just mean bidders?

7 minutes ago, TomG said:

At the moment we have more chance of Rick Astley buying us!

I wouldn't bother with him. He's like all the others - empty promises

Never gonna give you up

Never gonna let you down

Never gonna run around and desert you

Never gonna make you cry

Never gonna say goodbye

Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

2 minutes ago, marbs_ram said:

Never gonna give you up

Never gonna let you down

Never gonna make you cry

Never gonna say goodbye

He told me we’d be together forever.

21 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

If Ashley is viewing us a long term investment which I'm sure he is then he won't be arsed short term with us potentially dropping down to League 2 if we do incur a 15 point penalty next season, have you ever considered that?

You don't even consider the returns on a   financial investment being sound or not until at least 5 years have gone by, that's the nature of the beast. 

If you are expecting instant returns on a long term investment then you're in the wrong game and need to be sticking your money under your mattress or in a bank.

Every FD or VC I have ever known or worked with have worked to a 5 year return. That's standard.

8 minutes ago, marbs_ram said:

Never gonna give you up

Never gonna let you down

Never gonna make you cry

Never gonna say goodbye

What about Laura Ashley then?