The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, The Big One said:

Oh god - Sky Sports are bringing out the countdown clock for our demise.  Thats a low blow.

If true, it's probablyby popular request, not least the Bury and Bolton fans who regularly complain that it was done to them. The difference here is that it's only a deadline for Kirchner's exclusivity at this stage, so it seems a bit disrespectful of Sky, but not surprising.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Absolutely right. The red flag threshold will be far far below £20m

The flags would be based on how unusual the payment was compared to normal transactions.  If a transaction was more than a certain amount outside standard deviation compared with transactions in the past 6 months/ year etc. 

2 minutes ago, cjdlog said:

The flags would be based on how unusual the payment was compared to normal transactions.  If a transaction was more than a certain amount outside standard deviation compared with transactions in the past 6 months/ year etc. 

actually, whilst there must be some ridiculously low threshold (I don’t think a one off transfer of funds of a couple of hundred pounds is likely to trigger serious AML checks), I believe you are correct. 

19 minutes ago, admira said:

The important thing for me right now is we are not hearing anymore scary deadlines from the EFL like 'get this done by x date or we are kicking you out of the league'.... yet.

This.

I think the EFL are as worried by CKs potential future funding problems as his current funding problems. Their statement seemed to suggest he was gone. But they are well aware that 'football people' with money are waiting to be chosen instead.

image.thumb.png.32e79f536b9febd93a29456ec99a8e4e.png

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

actually, whilst there must be some ridiculously low threshold (I don’t think a one off transfer of funds of a couple of hundred pounds is likely to trigger serious AML checks), I believe you are correct. 

Unless they were flagged as a certain type of account.

Yeah you're right,  there would be a lower end threshold that the system would ignore even if it hit a flag. They also have scoring systems so one flag of a certain type might not be enough to trigger a case,  but 2 or 3 may. 

There are countless rules that can be put in place.

12 minutes ago, cjdlog said:

Twenty years ago, I bought a car for £12k. The same day, I filled it with petrol. I also bought something online c.£20. The bank called to ask if I had bought the petrol and the online purchase "as these are commonly bought if someone had found/stolen a card. They made no mention of the £12K. After that, I have always assumed the banks flags are a bag of dogs testicles.

3 minutes ago, NottmRAM said:

Twenty years ago, I bought a car for £12k. The same day, I filled it with petrol. I also bought something online c.£20. The bank called to ask if I had bought the petrol and the online purchase "as these are commonly bought if someone had found/stolen a card. They made no mention of the £12K. After that, I have always assumed the banks flags are a bag of dogs testicles.

Old systems were very basic

3 minutes ago, NottmRAM said:

So why is it taking CK so long to get through them. I am still very surprised that his chosen experienced people wouldn't warn him of this happening and to be prepared.

23 minutes ago, Crewton said:

If true, it's probablyby popular request, not least the Bury and Bolton fans who regularly complain that it was done to them. The difference here is that it's only a deadline for Kirchner's exclusivity at this stage, so it seems a bit disrespectful of Sky, but not surprising.

Kirchner has already lost his exclusivity hasn't he? Isn't that what the admin statement last night  says they are talking to other parties? BBC and Sky Sports seem to think Kirchner has lost his exclusivity already.   

5 minutes ago, NottmRAM said:

Wow I also had that a few years back, I travelled to Crewe to pick up a car £900, I drew the money out over 3 days in Sinfin, Paid for the train on my card, Paid for the car, Went to fill up and bought a bite to eat in Crewe on my card, Following day I go to get some money out and the request is denied, I ring the bank and they said there was some suspicious activity...all good when I explained the situation.

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Kirchner has already lost his exclusivity hasn't he? Isn't that what the admin statement last night  says they are talking to other parties? BBC and Sky Sports seem to think Kirchner has lost his exclusivity already.   

No 5pm I believe, Back up is others have been spoken too, If money not cleared others can offer/negotiate a price, 5pm is deadline for money to clear ?‍♀️ 

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

In the sense that the Admins are now engaging with other parties, then yes he has. But if CK shows 'acceptable' evidence of his ability to complete by 5pm today then - subject to EFL approval - the Club is his.

1 hour ago, Woodley Ram said:

Not heard that one and if true (which would suprise me) then that is the bank not Q and should be very easy to resolve 

Isn't that what Nixon has said? Or have I misunderstood (always possible given the chaos around). Certainly from my limited experience of these things it's the receiving institution that would be holding things up.. it isn't Kirchner bank holding things up is it? 

19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This.

I think the EFL are as worried by CKs potential future funding problems as his current funding problems. Their statement seemed to suggest he was gone. But they are well aware that 'football people' with money are waiting to be chosen instead.

image.thumb.png.32e79f536b9febd93a29456ec99a8e4e.png

"support the club as appropriate" - more transfer embargoes, points deductions, remove golden ticket and general bad press.

Take your pick