The Administration Thread

Boycie

35 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Don’t think I’ve seen this posted anywhere on this thread as yet, includes the Quantuma statement. I’m typically an optimistic soul and think this is a huge step in the right direction, nice to have some positivity and a bit of relief after so much bleakness…however we’re not there just yet. “Subject to the stadium sale, EFL approval and receiving secured creditor consent” are 3 treacherous hurdles for us to cross.
I’m putting faith in progress having been made on the stadium being the catalyst for the exchange of contracts, fingers crossed for a short while longer gang! ? 

Let's hope so.

However CK can still end this if the clauses aren't met.

This could just be a mechanism to prevent his exclusivity being revoked.

Let's hope that's not the prime function of the exchange,  and that the final deal is very close ?

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I'll take your Championship club and table  Premier League clubs, Southampton and Leicester borrow from MSD I believe monies against the next seasons season ticket sales, Burnley's owner borrowed 2x £65million for the purchase of Burnley, If relegated £65m has to be paid back pronto, Both loans were taken out on Burnley FC, There will be other clubs that go down the route of borrow now and pay later, The £4.5billion that Chelsea are being sold for beggars belief, How in the name of Jehovah did this figure come about.

Football imo is in a saloon where last orders are soon to be called, If the Euro Super League comes to fruition as I believe it aint dead just in a Coma money will flood in that direction and chicken feed will be left on the floor for others to fight over. 

Stone him !!!!!!

32 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What do they base this on? Has CK blocked Dawes on Twitter? ?

Ed seems to have taken the "conditional on the stadium sale" bit as meaning that literally nothing has changed since yesterday, it's all still down to whether Morris can be bothered or to sell or not.  Honestly, he seemed a bit baffled as to why everyone was so excited.

And then they had a random fan on (I think it was just a rando anyway) and had an in-depth discussion about Mike Ashley still waiting in the wings and hoping he can step into save us, barely mentioning Kirchner throughout the whole thing. It was *really* weird.

5 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Ed seems to have taken the "conditional on the stadium sale" bit as meaning that literally nothing has changed since yesterday, it's all still down to whether Morris can be bothered or to sell or not.  Honestly, he seemed a bit baffled as to why everyone was so excited.

And then they had a random fan on (I think it was just a rando anyway) and had an in-depth discussion about Mike Ashley still waiting in the wings and hoping he can step into save us, barely mentioning Kirchner throughout the whole thing. It was *really* weird.

CK is no fool and would not express delight at becoming our new owner lightly. And he certainly would not agree to put cash in without a very very strong expectation the deal will close. 

2 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

He didn't say an agreement was in place, if its conditional on the sale of the stadium, we are only a little way forward of where we were.

Its very encouraging news, but until that clown Morris agrees a price and sells the stadium, its not concrete.

Fingers crossed its all signed and sealed by Monday as thats the target date for CK to start signing the cheques....

Im not getting too excited yet, everything that CK has announced last night, he said last week other than physically signing the paperwork.

I never thought this deal would go through, but, Im so pleased that it looks like he's edging closer to pulling it off.

That bit did make a hell of a difference to what had been said before.

For the rest of us it feels a bit cheerfully intoxicating today. We'd forgotten what good news felt like. We're feeling happy. You ought to try it. It's quite healthy.

COYR

14 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Part of me is thinking the same as ED.

Nothing moved yesterday. CKs exclusivity was due to end. No other realistic interest. So this keeps it appearing to move forward,  but in reality nothing has changed. CK will only complete if and when the Stadium is sold.

Has the Stadium sale moved forward or not? We don't know. ?

Edited by RipleyRich

10 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Firstly I applaude you for listening to Ed Dawes, he's hard work. Secondly I agree it is only a bit more of a formalisation of CKs position. But it gives him first dibs (he's still PB ? ) and he's set up to go. Not sure why the talk should still be MA, unless Dawes has spoken to someone involved in the stadium sale? But as we've seen he's gotten things wrong before and had to apologise. Still seems an odd stance to take. 

I’m interested in Kirchners interim funding of the club whilst under conditional contract exchanges. 

If this goes south and he pulls out, lets say 3 weeks from now, do we owe him money? will he be borrowing to start funding the club etc etc 

intrigued to know the payment structure and how this impacts us in case of a “no sale” 

Edited by Derbados

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Firstly I applaude you for listening to Ed Dawes, he's hard work. Secondly I agree it is only a bit more of a formalisation of CKs position. But it gives him first dibs (he's still PB ? ) and he's set up to go. Not sure why the talk should still be MA, unless Dawes has spoken to someone involved in the stadium sale? But as we've seen he's gotten things wrong before and had to apologise. Still seems an odd stance to take. 

Sorry, to be clear - Ed Dawes had gone by the time they were talking about Ashley, it was the fan and the normal Radio Derby morning host talking about him.

38 minutes ago, maxjam said:

5:40am?!?

Quantuma getting some double time in before they lose the cash cow they've been milking for past what seems like forever!

Bit puzzled by Q’s wording. They say that one condition is consent of ‘secured creditors’, which I’d thought must be MSD.  
Would be an odd way of referring to HMRC. Don’t quite get it 

impressed by the 31 May target for CK 
taking over. Presumably that means out of administration by that date which seems quite whippy  ?