The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

The amount of money lost due to furlough fraud or error is put at around £5.5 billion....let that figure sink in for a moment.

Especially if you were one of the people Sunak decided wasn't eligible for furlough payments. 

And if he’d done nothing or not fast enough, doubtless you’d have been down his throat. I was just curious .. totally disinterested in partisan party politics. I am a consensus kind of pragmatic sort of person. 

6 minutes ago, jono said:

And if he’d done nothing or not fast enough, doubtless you’d have been down his throat. I was just curious .. totally disinterested in partisan party politics. I am a consensus kind of pragmatic sort of person. 

No I deliberately avoided posting on the historic politics thread for the same reasons you listed....was just really replying to your thoughts on the furlough scheme coverage. 

11 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

And you know all about spouting nonsense. There is a risk that if players are not sold before the end of the contracts they could end up facing big write off in the final year. There is also a risk associated with  straight line depreciated value, which may  bear no relation to the players value. Either method was  within the rules, until EFL changed them.

What the EFL guy Denko said was spot on. And what van der Moodhoover says is spot on too, EFL should not be punishing DCFC for differences in professional opinion between third party accountants or commercial property valuers. Finance professionals like Denko and the forensic accountant on the IDC board understand this.

you are such an expert on risk   

so you think it was a good idea for us to adopt our amortisation policy? Despite that litigation is risky, that the other 71 clubs used a different approach, and that the auditors supporting our policy were not exactly heavyweights? 

If you're flattened by a bus, it's little comfort that you were on a pedestrian crossing at the time 

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

so you think it was a good idea for us to adopt our amortisation policy? Despite that litigation is risky, that the other 71 clubs used a different approach, and that the auditors supporting our policy were not exactly heavyweights? 

If you're flattened by a bus, it's little comfort that you were on a pedestrian crossing at the time 

Wasn’t it innovative.

It was originally passed ok and anyway was it worth the EFL blowing a fuse and appealing the original decision.

How much difference did it actually make to the FFP calculations anyway and was it fair to give a 9 point deduction.

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Wasn’t it innovative.

It was originally passed ok and anyway was it worth the EFL blowing a fuse and appealing the original decision.

How much difference did it actually make to the FFP calculations anyway and was it fair to give a 9 point deduction.

had it not been for the EFL proceedings and Gibbo threats we would have been under new ownership many moons ago, with the club protected from FFP issues by MM waiving legacy debts 

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

had it not been for the EFL proceedings and Gibbo threats we would have been under new ownership many moons ago, with the club protected from FFP issues by MM waiving legacy debts 

So you agree EFL proceedings along with Covid and Gibson etc has done for us .

1 hour ago, jono said:

I just find it a tad difficult to be pragmatic when someone overseeing the countries finances has presided over £5.5b being spaffed up the wall. Tax payers will be footing the bill, not the 'honourable' Mr Sunak. 

5 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Ah Stoke who just sold their stadium  to Bet 365 for a fortune. Bet 365 have also taken 70 million in losses and cleared them by taking shares in Stoke.  Who owns Bet 365 they must be insane .  It appears to be the Coates who also conveniently own .......Stoke. On top of the 40 million covid losses .  Fair this game innit.

Until Kieran Maguire starts tweeting every detail of their last 5 years accounts and Steve Gibson threatens to sue the EFL unless they act, then Stoke should be fine.

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Wasn’t it innovative.

I dont think that 9 point should never been given freaking first place as dc and other both said the efl had no grounds to take points off us we won the case back and that should be end of the matter.

57 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Until Kieran Maguire starts tweeting every detail of their last 5 years accounts and Steve Gibson threatens to sue the EFL unless they act, then Stoke should be fine.

Gibsons a school yard bully. He went after us because his previous big buddy Mel upset him.  Waited for the moment we had no financial ability to fight him off backed up by his EFL toady.  He won't take anyone who'll punch him in the face and take his lunch money , he prefers it the other way around.

10 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

No I don’t think it was a good idea to adopt the amortisation but it was within the rules. 

I don’t think litigation could have been contemplated , especially after the Efl had cleared it. even the litigious Gibson didn’t jump on that until EFL had later changed their minds and found an excuse to charge us. 

9 hours ago, europia said:

I just find it a tad difficult to be pragmatic when someone overseeing the countries finances has presided over £5.5b being spaffed up the wall. Tax payers will be footing the bill, not the 'honourable' Mr Sunak. 

We will drift in to politics here so probably best not to continue. I’d just suggest that whoever had been in charge would have had wins and losses. Maybe not the same ones, but the outcomes / spending / waste wouldn’t have been much different regardless of political colours.  

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

Can someone remind me how to view Kirchner's tweets if you're still seeing the empty profile, please? 

A kind soul told me how to do it before but I have forgotten! ? 

I don't remember the other method, but my method was to unfollow him, delete the twitter app, re-install the twitter app and re-follow him which seemed to do the trick.