The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, Foreveram said:

I said something similar to my son when we had about five minutes plus injury time to play yesterday.

I think my son enjoyed it in South Stand. The noise was unbelievable when the goal went in. 
Was checking Reading score after final whistle which could be crucial. 
Need Jags to do us favour Tuesday now 

Edited by Curtains
Added

6 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Yup it’s also too large for smaller and mid size gigs and can only host during the summer.

AH, but if you put a roof on it and install clever ways of covering the pitch you could have large concerts there during the football season, making Pride Park worth £80m as a unique venue. I mean, none of that ever happened..........

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

AH, but if you put a roof on it and install clever ways of covering the pitch you could have large concerts there during the football season, making Pride Park worth £80m as a unique venue. I mean, none of that ever happened..........

Yep, there’s options. It depends on how much they cost. 

As it stands it has potential as a big arena tour location during summer but I think, as @angierammentions, a lot more could be done to make it a conferencing venue and community asset. 

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

Yes of course I understand the dilemma for the council regarding Tax payers money and excess regarding insurance costs .

The fire was very unfortunate at the Assembly Rooms but it was getting somewhat dilapidated.

I just think over a period PP and DCFC will be well worth saving as DCFC is definitely a community asset and buying and leasing initially is a very good option 

It might not come to fruition but I sure hope it does .

It is not a community asset in the true meaning, i don't think MM would agree to a giant party being held there for the people of Derby to attend for the Queens upcoming anniversary. It is only a community asset in the sense that if the owner wants to change the use the council have to agree. It doesn't belong to the public, it belongs to a multi millionaire.

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

Totally agree but the MSD loan against the Stadium appears to be the MM issue regarding this as he would have to take a 20 Million hit allegedly.

I see the Council as being a lat resort option but unfortunately we are getting to that point .

If the PB was given the buy back option at a later date within contracts then I don’t see an issue other than lease charges 

Why would they want to buy back later if they are not prepared to pay for it now,it is not down to the council to sort out MM's mess.

3 hours ago, RamBeauIV said:

That Boro article further up the fred stated that in 2019 the Riverside Stadium costs £8.9M per year to run. PPS must be similar or even more (as we've got running water inside our stadium).  Makes the lease quite expensive and a liability.

Also, if MA does come back in with an offer, will all council tax payers be happy to financially support a billionaire? 

If they buy the stadium, or even get given it, they would still have those running costs.

After all that’s happened with Mad Mel I’d prefer the stadium in the hands of the community anyway, it won’t be so messy then the next time we go bust.

53 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The council have already got Derby Arena for things like that.

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Not so, we could still be sold kicked out of the EFL and hopefully the FA would have us placed in the conference - without a point deduction as well 

Why would anyone buy us with all that debt and no league membership when they could pick up the pieces without paying the football debts or HMRC?