The Administration Thread

Boycie

38 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

So would the council get the revenue from pop concerts, boxing fights etc? Not sure how that would fit in with Ashley’s plans of it becoming the Sports Direct stadium. Interesting though…

Derby City Council own the stadium, They lease the ground for football matches, So at a guess they'd also own the rights to hold other events, Then again all depends on who and what is in a contract.

2 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

It would make paying the council tax a bit easier knowing it’s going towards pride park. Oh and to also tell Gumps in the area that they are helping save our club ??

Oh yes,the council tax payers would welcome that, seeing their council tax rise going to Pride Park at the same time as seeing subsidies for bus companies being cut so fares rise,library hours shortening, care homes closing, you know all the essential services but never mind we must keep the ground open,a ground the vast majority of tax payers never visit or have any inclination to visit.

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Not in this case.  
It’s a community asset

Losing a football club would be devastating for the city on a par with losing Rolls Royce 

I’m not questioning the idea but I do have doubts about Derby City Council’s business acumen and it’s ability to run the ground and generate a profit for the Derby rate payer.

Just look at the Assembly Rooms !!!

Just now, Elwood P Dowd said:

I’m not questioning the idea but I do have doubts about Derby City Council’s business acumen and it’s ability to run the ground and generate a profit for the Derby rate payer.

The council said they couldn't afford to rebuild that.

35 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

If nothing else it might push potential buyers in to action because I am sure they would all want to own the ground…Ashley especially ?

MA leases the ground for 5 years with an option to buy at market value once lease has expired, There's many ways of securing a deal if both parties are in agreement 

4 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Oh yes,the council tax payers would welcome that, seeing their council tax rise going to Pride Park at the same time as seeing subsidies for bus companies being cut so fares rise,library hours shortening, care homes closing, you know all the essential services but never mind we must keep the ground open,a ground the vast majority of tax payers never visit or have any inclination to visit.

But they don't then need to rebuild the assembly rooms for concerts.  

23 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

It all depends on how you define biggest companies?

I very much doubt that the club is considered one of the biggest companies in Derbyshire, a big fan base yes but company no. 

In terms of revenue then yes Derby County is one of the biggest companies in Derbyshire. Obviously it comes nowhere near the likes of rolls royce, but there are hundreds of businesses in Derbyshire and Derby County is well up there.

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

In terms of revenue then yes Derby County is one of the biggest companies in Derbyshire. Obviously it comes nowhere near the likes of rolls royce, but there are hundreds of businesses in Derbyshire and Derby County is well up there.

It may well be in terms of revenue but most of that revenue goes into the club not the city.

14 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

You're not a Derby City council tax payer, are you? 

12 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

There may be no alternative so I wouldn’t down grade what a good gesture it would be to save DCFC .

The assembly rooms plant room caught fire and devastated the building as an ongoing concern .

It would have cost more to repair than renew .

I believe there were mistakes with insurance issues allegedly 

I can see 2 key stumbling blocks to the stadium being owned by the council. If the PB doesn't want to rent from Mel then why would they want to rent from Mel? If the council are being offered generous terms by Mel then why not offer them to a PB? If the council want a revenue-sharing arrangement to make this financially viable surely that's going to eat into any viability of profitability for the club and owner? The second, is where they find the money. Even if they're paying it back over time that's going to be a decent chunk from Derby city council's budget. It might be they figure the loss of derby county would be such a financial hit to revenue they need to do it but I could see the outlay being an issue. 

3 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

It may well be in terms of revenue but most of that revenue goes into the club not the city.

Agree but it must help a lot of small businesses. Take the Brunswick for example. I wonder what % of their weekly revenue is made on match days? 50,60….70% even?

6 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

The club would lease the Stadium at initially from the Council with a good rent deal .

Then when the club becomes more of a going concern they buy it back .