The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

How many does Burton hold? Not practical surely…

It's more practical than dealing with Morris. 

Whichever league we end up in, 1 or 2, it'll give the club a chance to finally cut its cloth to suit. It'll only be free signings and stuff anyway.

And Morris will be left with an enormous white elephant that he owes £20M on.

4 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

It's more practical than dealing with Morris. 

Whichever league we end up in, 1 or 2, it'll give the club a chance to finally cut its cloth to suit. It'll only be free signings and stuff anyway.

And Morris will be left with an enormous white elephant that he owes £20M on.

But even in League 2 we would get 15,000 plus, a non starter for me when we will need to be generating as much income as we can through ticket sales…

5 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

What's the joke? You want a club to support? Got to start considering alternatives to what is, in effect, returning to what things were before.

Burton capacity 6,912 of which 1,400 is the away end 2,034 seated, limited hospitality. Have you thought about telling Everton they don’t need a new ground, they could share with Tranmere rovers

12 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But even in League 2 we would get 15,000 plus, a non starter for me when we will need to be generating as much income as we can through ticket sales…

I agree....and if we were actually doing well, as in looking like promotion, I suspect north of 20K even in league 2.....as long as Season tickets are actually put up for sale and the ticket office is open!

2 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Why on earth would people want us to ground share?

We would lose supporters in there thousands and still be paying a hefty rent. It would be madness.

Depends really, if we end up in the National League we’ll lose thousands of fans anyway.

What would be better, 8,000 at PPS with half the stadium closed or 5k at Burton standing on the terraces for a few seasons?

3 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

I agree....and if we were actually doing well, as in looking like promotion, I suspect north of 20K even in league 2.....as long as Season tickets are actually put up for sale and the ticket office is open!

Much will depend on the pricing. If ticket prices sensible crowds will be good

13 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Burton capacity 6,912 of which 1,400 is the away end 2,034 seated, limited hospitality. Have you thought about telling Everton they don’t need a new ground, they could share with Tranmere rovers

Just an example. It doesn't need to be Burton. Port Vale, Stoke City, Chesterfield, Sheffield something-or-other etc etc

20 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

If you move from Pride Park, you are likely to lose it forever or a very long time....it would be a disastrous decision regardless of the league we are in.

How’s that? What else would it be used for?

A boxing match every decade or a couple of concerts every summer wouldn’t pay for the upkeep, he’d be desperate to give it back.

52 minutes ago, SaffyRam said:

I wonder whether the parasite at Wycombe is still holding things up. I don’t think we’ve ever had confirmation it’s been resolved, have we. Apologies if I missed it.

He thinks he's missed it as well.  Here he is waiting for his zoom meeting from 5 weeks ago to start with the administrators

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKGltyuttwRQF6aVHjPpV