The Administration Thread

Boycie

Radio Derby just interviewed John Dorkin and Pauline Latham about team Derby meeting this afternoon.

No in person meeting today because of illnesses. It was a telephone meeting.

Q said that bids have been received, it's moving forwards and it's still an ongoing process. They are looking through bids and clarifying

No timescale for announcement of PB

Q told that communication has not been up to scratch.

Both MP's said that Q have over - promised and under - delivered  and whilst we don't expect them to tell us confidential details, we need some communication as it leads to lack of confidence for the fans and frustration for all associated with the club. The team, Wayne and the fans need to know.

I think both MP's are going to continue to push Q for better communication.

Edited by Miggins

5 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Radio Derby just interviewed John Dorkin and Pauline Latham about team Derby meeting this afternoon.

No in person meeting today because of illnesses. It was a telephone meeting.

Q said that bids have been received, it's moving forwards and it's still an ongoing process. They are looking through bids and clarifying

No timescale for announcement of PB

Q told that communication has not been up to scratch.

Both MP's said that Q have over - promised and under - delivered  and whilst we don't expect them to tell us confidential details, we need some communication as it leads to lack of confidence for the fans and frustration for all associated with the club. The team, Wayne and the fans need to know.

I think both MP's are going to continue to push Q for better communication.

Was it John Forkin? Voice like velvet?

5 hours ago, Gritstone Tup said:

Missing the opportunity to sell several players in the transfer window, would have saved the club until the end of the season. We turned down offers for several players including Sibley, Byrne, Lawrence and Buchanan. Negotiations were utter stupidity by the admin, ok a silly bid for Lawrence comes in and you laugh it off and say come back to me when you can pay £3million and talks go from there. We turned down flat several bids for players who will go on a free, that’s totally irresponsible for the clubs survival and on behalf of the creditors.

You can’t sell players who will not sign a contract at another club 

5 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

It’s because whichever way you look at Mel has left Quantuma a steaming turd to deal with, or they have agreed to take on a steaming turd and maybe should have been less optimistic in their initial communications. Either way it’s still a steaming turd. 

The debts are way in excess of what the club is worth. If we took the attitude you can’t offer what’s needed walk away we would be liquidated.

We don’t have a lifelong Derby fan billionaire waiting in the wings to buy the club at whatever price. Clearly people want to buy the club as they recognise it’s potential but they are not going to pay over the odds. As a result negotiations like this will happen and they will be protracted and if Mike Ashley has positioned himself as the front runner then he will pull every stunt possible to drive the price down, he will not care about a -15 point deduction, he might think by providing the right backing we could overcome that and he’d rather do that than pay over the odds to service debts that are not his.

Its frustrating but not unexpected and backs up everything the Athletic journalist Matt Slater has said for months about how dire our situation is.

But the EFL won’t kick us out the league providing we have funds to continue which is in admins control and we have bidders in play.

It’s a difficult situation to inherit. There is no escaping that. But is it fair to say that the administrators and the interested parties have made it even more problematic?

The debts are huge. But if you are stepping to the table, surely that is not a surprise. If the bidders have done homework of any description, surely it is clear that this will be quite the undertaking financially.

You say that there are people interested and people that want to buy the club for its potential, but surely this is time sensitive?

Surely time is precious? Surely the longer you stand back, the more the potential of the club diminishes. More debt, a weaker playing squad, more risk of further sanctions from the EFL, the risk of relegation after relegation?

It’s all very well negotiating a deal and protecting your own interests. That is part and parcel of business. However if you are serious about turning the club around, what is currently being achieved? Are you actually handicapping yourself in the long run?

All I can see is the club’s position being further weakened and that seems counter intuitive to me.

Right now, the challenges are very much clear. The longer they leave it, the more jeopardy it creates and the further away the club gets from being competitive and viable.

If any potential new owner wants to make a success of the club and get any kind of ROI, surely their best bet is to start from the healthiest position possible.

League 1 next year? -15 points in August? If that’s healthy, then sign me up for the next Olympics.

At least bids have been received. That's a small positive. Time scale is creeping constantly though. I'm still fully expecting the aimnis to be to get through the end of the season and then push through with the takeover. The -15 potentially hanging over us is disgusting. Talk about starting your ownership under a negative cloud. Some fans, possibly myself included, will think that they have tried to get us on the cheap and sod all thinking about the ongoing impact on the playing side will have been taken into consideration.

It's starting to look as though that might be the only way out. Gamble on the players we can attract at league 1 level being good enough to overturn the points and grt us safe and then push on the season after is a huge huge huge gamble. There isn't a chance I he'll we would do anything like playoffs with that.

3 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

Believe what you want,doesn't bother me if you don't think they exist..

You could always contact the EFL Supporter Services Department for clarification.

Contacting the EFL Supporter Services Department:
To send us a message click here.

Post: Supporter Services Department, EFL House, 10-12 West Cliff, Preston, PR1 8HU
Tel:   01772 325829

What a very strange response considering that, each time I have posted up my dialogue with the EFL, you have said that I should raise any queries through the administrators as the EFL are not answerable to me...

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

My communications with EFL are limited to Duck the EFL chants at football games .

I am trying to establish what the rules say, which should be a transparent process. 

Don't ask me why it's not transparent ask the EFL, i have posted what the rules say,if you choose to ignore it that's your choice.You could always do your own research.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

What a very strange response considering that, each time I have posted up my dialogue with the EFL, you have said that I should raise any queries through the administrators as the EFL are not answerable to me...

Not a strange response at all, you said you had emailed Parry then quoted to me about the supporters charter,that doesn't include contacting Parry. I have just posted the correct way to contact them. 

2 hours ago, StrawHillRam said:

i used to pick one up on match Saturday, I recall it came out at about 6 ish, but can't be sure

You could get one from outside Derby station by 5.30. We would read it on the train back to Utch after the match. 

Was it printed in Wellington Street just behind Midland Road back then or have I imagined that?

1 minute ago, atherstoneram said:

Not a strange response at all, you said you had emailed Parry then quoted to me about the supporters charter,that doesn't include contacting Parry. I have just posted the correct way to contact them. 

I have never contacted Parry, nor have I ever claimed to have.

I contacted the EFL using the e-mail address on their website.

You've never suggested the correct way of contacting them to me, you said I should be asking the administrators. 

4 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

You could get one from outside Derby station by 5.30. We would read it on the train back to Utch after the match. 

Was it printed in Wellington Street just behind Midland Road back then or have I imagined that?

Northcliffe House opposite Uncle Toms Cabin by the Market Hall, Then they moved to The Meadows