The Administration Thread

Boycie

5 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I know my mothers and great aunts divi numbers if I didn’t bring the little yellow divi ticket back when I went errands to the Co-OP  for them I would be in trouble.

They always made me repeat the divi numbers before sending me to the CO-OP?

Happy Days 

Same here, used to run down the street repeating it to myself. Your mam used to send you to the shop when you was quite young, we had a lot more freedom in the 50's and 60's. They were happy days.

5 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I found this, Then there was another fella who was known as "the fidler on the roof" who stole 1000s of £s from Sainsburys years earlier

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2780392/Thief-hides-Sainsbury-s-roof-collects-14-500-cash-pods-sent-tubes-register-cash-office.html

Did'nt realise they still used them.

6 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Same here, used to run down the street repeating it to myself. Your mam used to send you to the shop when you was quite young, we had a lot more freedom in the 50's and 60's. They were happy days.

My great aunt used to say will you go to the CO-OP for me and fetch my rations… I suppose it was a saying left over from the war.

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

16 minutes ago, Sinistra ram rousse said:

So who remembers the Cheddar Cheese pub just up from Boots and for the girls amongst us Shades the boutique where I bought most of my clothes in the early seventies. This thread has been hijacked!!

Did it change its name to chelsea girl.

18 minutes ago, Sinistra ram rousse said:

So who remembers the Cheddar Cheese pub just up from Boots and for the girls amongst us Shades the boutique where I bought most of my clothes in the early seventies. This thread has been hijacked!!

It was the Cheshire Cheese, Cheddar Cheese was for the mature customer

Edited by Unlucky Alf

5 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Leeds fans complained that there was no rule saying you couldn’t hide in the bushes and spy on the opposition. So what they did wasn’t against the rules, you would never catch Leeds doing anything dirty. 

I’ve just had a Middlesbrough fan telling me that Crooks isn’t a dirty player. ?

4 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Cheshire Cheese, Chedder Cheease was for the mature customer

Big shame they knocked that down - typical of the Borough/City Council failing to protect the things worth protecting.

Never drank there, but had my first pint in a town pub at its 'replacement' in the Eagle Centre development - The Trident on Albion Street, now also gone. 

5 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

It was the Cheshire Cheese, Cheddar Cheese was for the mature customer

Yes you're right. It was my nick name for it. I don't know if Shades became Chelsea Girl though. Who  remembers Clouds which then became Cleopatra's on London Road? On Thursday night we'd all sit onthe floor shaking and nodding our heads to bands like Barclay James Harvest. Sure that's why I've got arthritis in my neck now. Sorry to all those who don't like the ' any old shyte' but it beats going round in circles speculating IMHO.