The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The account is either a long running parody that is being very cleverly written

OR

The account is run by a man in his mid-40's with nothing better to be doing who lives at home with his elderly Mum (who still does all of his cooking, cleaning and makes doctors appointments for him) and he never leaves his room. A room which has got DCFC bedsheets from 1999 on the bed and a wall covered in Horacio Carbonari posters.

There's already at least 3 of them on the Bristol City forum, anymore and it's an apocalypse on the horizon .  Can't be true 

15 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

But why should they listen to Gibson and not to you? Isn’t it perfectly within their rights to tell Gibson to get stuffed too?

I don’t think Maguire was looking to sue the EFL!

Although it would be a funny twist in this saga if he did. Fancy it @The Baron? I’m sure we can find some daft regulation we could get them on!

Just now, TuffLuff said:

I don’t think Maguire was looking to sue the EFL!

Although it would be a funny twist in this saga if he did. Fancy it @The Baron? I’m sure we can find some daft regulation we could get them on!

They probably won’t talk to me. The last time I was on the radio (via Zoom) with Rick Parry the producer said he would only come on the show if I didn’t ask any questions and my microphone was switched off when he was being interviewed. 

4 minutes ago, The Baron said:

They probably won’t talk to me. The last time I was on the radio (via Zoom) with Rick Parry the producer said he would only come on the show if I didn’t ask any questions and my microphone was switched off when he was being interviewed. 

Well don’t worry plenty of questions been asked of him from dcfc fans. Some even get answers. 

5 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Ranbys was on Victoria Street huge depertment store over 3 floors, Woolworths was on the corner of East Street and St Peters street.

Not quite - Ranbys was the former Debenhams (now demolished for the new apartment bblock) and Woolies was in the row of shops further along before you got to St Peters Street - Boots was on the corner of East Street and St Peters street (unless you're talking way,way, way back before my time.....)

1 minute ago, Geriatram said:

Woolworths was also on Victoria street. Midland Drapery was on corner of East street and St Peters street. Boots on the other corner.

Right, Midland Drapery was on the corner of East Street and Albert Street, When shopping there they put your money in a cylinder and it went in a chute for your change and reciept to return...quite strange, Boots was on the other corner where the Ram Statue is now in the middle

2 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Yeah I think some of his stuff has been a bit too specific to just be cast off....

...said anyone ever scammed by someone claiming to be a 'psychic' into believing that their Nan's dead dog Alfred is guarding over their house.

Giving any credence whatsoever to what Barry The Ram comes out with is pure lunacy.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

6 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Not quite - Ranbys was the former Debenhams (now demolished for the new apartment bblock) and Woolies was in the row of shops further along before you got to St Peters Street - Boots was on the corner of East Street and St Peters street (unless you're talking way,way, way back before my time.....)

Yes Ranbys was the former Debenhams, Yes Woolies was on Victoria st, But not in the 60s and 70s, Boots WAS on the corner now a cafe of some sort, Again not way way way back.

1 minute ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Right, Midland Drapery was on the corner of East Street and Albert Street, When shopping there they put your money in a cylinder and it went in a chute for your change and reciept to return...quite strange, Boots was on the other corner where the Ram Statue is now in the middle

I'm old enough to remember when the city centre was full of shops and packed with people using them and the two markets.  Up to the late 90's really.  You can still buy a mobile phone charger, e fags or black mamba down there I suppose.  Will be excited to see the new prison block, at the cheapest price, they shove up in place of an art deco building now Debenhams has gone .  Bet it's lovely.

6 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Maybe Kevin . I really do not want to play nerd tennis here, self confessed nerd though I am.

I just don't like the idea of clubs suing each other like this. Even the Courts have a way of filtering out speculative claims .. they can award costs against a chancer like Gibson, so actually using the EFL's arbitration process actually encourages dodgy actions as it's cheaper and easier. EFL processes should be discouraging "football family" claims if at all possible.  It  has been very stressful for us Rams fans and if it ever became prevalent it really would ruin the game of football.

I read the Leeds decision whilst walking the dog. Here’s where we are:

the debate on here has been about 4.4 of the P&S regs which imposes a good faith requirement re P&S. It says only the EFl can sue under the rule

There is in fact another good faith requirement which is in rule 3.4 of the rule book. This is a general requirement and is not limited to P&S matters. This formed the basis of the Leeds agreed decision. This provision does not appear to have language to the effect that only the EFl can sue !! So Boro could in theory sue Derby under that rule it seems (we agree they would probably fail)

Yes I’d maintain that extraordinary circumstances are needed before EFL will invoke these provisions. I’d certainly say spygate was exceptional - it was a leading national news story 

I share your concerns about clubs suing each other. It’s quite possible a panel would impose significant restrictions on this right if a case were heard (I think you said there has never been such a case) 

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I read the Leeds decision whilst walking the dog. Here’s where we are:

the debate on here has been about 4.4 of the P&S regs which imposes a good faith requirement re P&S. It says only the EFl can sue under the rule

There is in fact another good faith requirement which is in rule 3.4 of the rule book. This is a general requirement and is not limited to P&S matters. This formed the basis of the Leeds agreed decision. This provision does not appear to have language to the effect that only the EFl can sue !! So Boro could in theory sue Derby under that rule it seems (we agree they would probably fail)

Yes I’d maintain that extraordinary circumstances are needed before EFL will invoke these provisions. I’d certainly say spygate was exceptional - it was a leading national news story 

I share your concerns about clubs suing each other. It’s quite possible a panel would impose significant restrictions on this right if a case were heard (I think you said there has never been such a case) 

In my book spygate was just a source of banter Dirty Leeds v crying Frank Lampard.

Boro’s vindictive actions were tantamount to blackmail it was very corrosive and potentially destructive not just to DCFC but also potentially to football. 

anyway Gibson is gone now and May he never darken our door again.