The Administration Thread

Boycie

It has always been Boros strongest weapon to do nothing. That is what they will continue to do. They are neither interested in Court or arbitration as actual evidence would be required in both. They simply want an out of court settlement in other words an offer of cash to move assure so that we can progress. Extortion. 

1 minute ago, Eatonram said:

It has always been Boros strongest weapon to do nothing. That is what they will continue to do. They are neither interested in Court or arbitration as actual evidence would be required in both. They simply want an out of court settlement in other words an offer of cash to move assure so that we can progress. Extortion. 

I was about to say this last week has gone to show everyone that all the claims by the EFL/Boro/Wycombe to say they aren’t holding up the process is being shown up by none of then responding to Morris’ statement. They’ve only done some muddying of the water with some snippets to Alan Nixon.

26 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I’m surprised this hasn’t been picked up more to be honest.

Media has gone very quiet this week leading into the Boro game.

Got to admit I’m starting to get quite concerned that there will be trouble somewhere, Boro will play the victims to the press and we lose some of the support Rooney, the players and the fans have built up in recent weeks. Don’t particularly want to give the ‘if you are a fan who’s going and you read this…’ thing, but all I can say is we need to be smart now and think about the consequences.

Make sure they’ve wasted every single penny they’ve spent on extra security and whatever else.

The responsible fans will be responsible, the irresponsible fans won’t give a toss.

40 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

P&S figures are not available in the accounts, so I would suggest getting your facts correct first. 

I don't think I'm entitled to know anything and not sure how the administrators would know how the EFL calculated Readings points deduction?

I asked the EFL the question and you would think that with them keen to stress that they are treating DCFC fairly that they would want to be transparent on such a matter which should clearly demonstrate they are treating all teams equally and in line with their rules.

Why the need to ask the EFL, your question should be directed towards the administrators if you have any concerns. If you had a contract with the ELF that would be different but you don't no fan does.

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

The rules don’t encourage or discourage disputes between clubs  They simply regulate whether those disputes are or are not subject to arbitration. As to whether the EFL itself encourages club to club disputes, there’s every reason to think it’s the last thing they would do 

Unless they were being sued by Boro .

41 minutes ago, DerbysLane said:

A snippet from Wycombe Wanderers Trust meeting on the 27th Jan ( https://wycombewandererstrust.com/2022/01/trust-board-meeting-thursday-27th-january-at-7pm?

Derby Update. NK updated that there is nothing major to reveal. Administrators, EFL, Middlesbrough and Wycombe are in discussions at present. RC feels comfortable that nothing that WWFC do will put Derby out of business. Comfortable but not confident about WWFC getting some financial recompense out of this but hopes we will. Lawyers of all 4 parties are talking to each other about how a settlement can be achieved. EFL issued a statement today, which is attached to these minutes at the end.

NK advised that RC has told EFL and Administrators that if his physical presence is needed here he will immediately fly over to talk to whoever within 24 hours of being asked if it helps to get things resolved.

TS suggests listening to RC’s interview on Radio Derby (the link can be found on the Trust website).

AC said given claim and desire of fans he is disappointed we did not send out a Trust statement as official supporters trust. NK made a decision in that when the Derby Supporters Trust statement came in there was little to say apart from that we are talking to people. Do not want the WWFC Trust to get into a slanging match with the Derby Supporters Trust and, while their comments were reasonable if we responded, then we could become embroiled in discussions. The Trust could put a statement out at a later date if the Trust Board feel it appropriate. Trust Chair is in direct contact with RC on this issue.

No their not.  Haven't even advised what they want.  duck off you chancer.  

8 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Others have provided the source Kevin. Further thoughts? 

Looked at the Parry comments - they confirm Gibbo bullied EFl into bringing the proceedings against us. That’s why I posted this morning that EFl was woeful in allowing Gibbo and his vendetta to drive their policy. That was then. Now is now 

3 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I watched the programe on GB News, It was clear where the finger is pointing...Andrew Brigden intimating Boro/WW are holding things up, HMRC acording to one guest are complicit with no digital tax collecting, Also he mentioned a 3rd party in Wales that had loaned us £20m...MSD?

The PAYE account of Derby will be managed monthly via HMRC,  so their is digital involvement, problem being that it's not managed by a human as they've got rid of 50,000 in the civil service over 10 years.  Back in the old days a human in Derby, working at Derby tax office would have had this debt on the go at all times .  Now the human and that office is gone. 

7 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Looked at the Parry comments - they confirm Gibbo bullied EFl into bringing the proceedings against us. That’s why I posted this morning that EFl was woeful in allowing Gibbo and his vendetta to drive their policy. That was then. Now is now 

So isn't that against 4.4? By allowing Boro to bring claims about another club? 

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel

Not looked at the Boro forum before.  Most it is Mansonesque drivel about the football bastion who leads them.  The irony of this poo. Also some twit called Denzel who has changed his avatar to liquidate Derby County when he wasn't allowed to join this forum. I don't think I'll go on there again.  Nice to know that Gibsons got a huge personal security detail for the weekend though.  Sweet Jesus.?

that’s what I think Gibson is fighting, stopping owners putting clubs and fans and communities at risk so they can get to the premier league and get the big money there.

Gibson learnt how football clubs are run, what some owners will do and how deceitful and self serving footballs authorities are.

He only seems to get any recognition nowadays outside of Teesside for the footballing fights he takes on. He has fought every case he has been able to fight and bring up against clubs and owners cheating and putting the fans at risk, he has refused to deal with agents who want to get as much money for their clients which really should be going back into the game.

I don’t see him as some sort of saint and I’ve got many a beef about his actions and decisions when it comes to Boro, my original one being not redeveloping Ayresome Park and going to the Riverside ? But on the wider footballing world and how it’s run and the battles that need to be fought so that football and it’s clubs are there for the fans and community then Steve Gibson will always stand up for them. 

Pre match thread

Normally when I produce an MDT, I write a mini-play, but the game against Derby is so significant I thought it needed a serious overview. If we win, normal surreal service will be resumed for Bristol City.

This is a match which matters more than it should, and for all the wrong reasons. Boro have been cast as public enemy #1 in the latest chapter of Derby’s Icarus-like fall from grace, thanks to the long-standing legal dispute between Steve Gibson and former Rams owner Mel “Down with FFP? Yeah, you know me” Morris. As a result, there’s a huge amount of tension surrounding a game which would otherwise be an unremarkable mid-season scrap between a team aiming for the play-offs and a team battling relegation.

Recent form

After a hugely entertaining away draw at QPR, which sadly saw Martin Payero stretchered off mere moments after coming on, this is our third high-profile game in eight days. The euphoria of beating Man United at Old Trafford wasn’t enough to overcome the R’s, though we did play some of our best football under Chris Wilder, snapping into tackles (literally in Payero’s case) and giving the away fans sore throats and big smiles. If Joe Lumley hadn’t had a flashback to the days when he’d casually roll the ball out to a QPR teammate, we’d have left with all three points, and deservedly so on balance of play.

The opposition

Whatever you think of the man, it’s hard not to admire the job Wayne Rooney has done in incredibly testing circumstances. It’s easier not to admire the more bovine sections of Derby supporters, who seem to think their problems begin and end with Steve Gibson, rather than with their club’s outrageous profligacy and Uri Geller-esque rule-bending. If any Derby fans are reading this, Gibson began his legal action years before DCFC appointed the world’s most incompetent administrators, and he did so mainly because the EFL are too spineless to enforce their own FFP rules.

In the here and now, Derby are only four points away from safety and have won two of their last five league games. If they stay up, it’ll be a remarkable achievement. The question of if they deserve to be a Championship team depends whether you support them or us (or Wycombe, who are the real victims in all this, not Boro. Let’s face it, even if we had finished sixth in 2019, we’d have stunk out the play-offs under the ‘management’ of the baseball cap-wearing Voldemort known as Anthony Richard Pulis.)