The Administration Thread

Boycie

7 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

Just to point out once again, the action began long long before you were in administration. Are you saying Steve Gibson is prescient and knew that you were going into administration so started the action in preparation for such a situation?

You do know that Gibson has a history of making claims that do not stand up in court? You should read up on Bulkhaul Ltd v Rhodia Organique Fine Ltd. 
The truth of this is Gibson is pi**ed off that Pride Park is worth more than Riverside. Something anyone with any common sense could work out the reason. For one property in Derby is worth more that it is in Middlesbrough, also Pride Park is in a better place to hold events, 8 minutes from the M1, only one hour from Britain's second city, and surrounded by many big cities.  Compare that to Riverside that is not really close to anywhere apart from Newcastle. 

2 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

I'm not sure how you expect me to answer this, I am not involved with either team and like you I do not know the details of the claim.

It’s quite simple Will and with the greatest respect you don’t know the details of the claim because the claims are baseless, spurious and opportunist at best with zero merit. Let’s see if he takes up Mels offer, if not then as quoted we all know why. 

3 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

Mel Morris is well aware that pursuing him as a former director of a limited company is impossible, it is an empty offer. As I said earlier, if Morris is genuinely interested in helping you exit administration by dealing with claims then he can indemnify the club against our claim.

Who says it's impossible? I asked a solicitor friend and he said if the two parties have an agreement to it, then it is fine.

3 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

But for now he'll prolong the claim that he has little chance of winning prolong the anger and worry for our fanbase for as long as he can. You seem to have come on here with a pastoral approach to persuade us all that Gibson is really a super kind of holistic guy whom we should change our minds about because we've all misunderstood him.

I'm not sure where you're getting this impression from, I haven't come to change anybody's mind.

5 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I'm afraid you've had a wasted day.Just like the many wasted days you had at the end of the 2018-19 season when your football club, with it's pockets still bulging with parachute payments chucked away the gift of the play-offs with a run of form more befitting of a relegation team than one capable of promotion.

I don't feel I've wasted a day, I came to provide a Boro perspective on the situation which I feel I have. Some people, like yourself, have responded negatively and decided to take cheap digs in response, but ultimately I've enjoyed the discussion with many on here.

7 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

It's about time that the people of Middlesbrough learned to see through the Smog.

I'm sorry that you feel the need to take cheap digs at our area.

4 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

Mel Morris is well aware that pursuing him as a former director of a limited company is impossible, it is an empty offer. As I said earlier, if Morris is genuinely interested in helping you exit administration by dealing with claims then he can indemnify the club against our claim.

Limited company status gives protection to the directors by having separation from the corporate entity. If Mel offers to waive that protection, then that’s a different ball game. 

32 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Pretty sure a buyer would require security of some sort. The indemnity could be outstanding for several years.  What’s to stop MM settling all his assets on trust for the Littleover Boy Scouts ? 

Maybe they would but I’m not convinced.

Just now, BoroWill said:

I'm not sure where you're getting this impression from, I haven't come to change anybody's mind.

I don't feel I've wasted a day, I came to provide a Boro perspective on the situation which I feel I have. Some people, like yourself, have responded negatively and decided to take cheap digs in response, but ultimately I've enjoyed the discussion with many on here.

I'm sorry that you feel the need to take cheap digs at our area.

Not cheap digs Reverend, it was straight from the heart and I'm not sorry that you're sorry. We're Derby County, We'll fight 'til the end.

Come on you Rams.

7 minutes ago, Ramos said:

That’s one person though and every fanbase has fans who will make comments like that. Bit sweeping don’t you think then to have an Ill feeling against a whole club because of it? 

I do think that those who hold ill feeling to your club for it are misguided, but whilst I may have only quoted one person, it isn't just one person is it?

11 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

Yeah, he has actually made a statement that makes sense ?

6 minutes ago, NottmRAM said:

Who says it's impossible? I asked a solicitor friend and he said if the two parties have an agreement to it, then it is fine.

6 minutes ago, NottmRAM said:

Solicitor on RD said MFC wouldn't do it as they know it would be laughed out in a high court?

55 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

I think if it came down to the wire he would drop the claim. 

That's got to be one of the crassest commentaries I've seen on this board which is no mean feat. 

Why would Gibson wait until it came down to the wire as you so eloquently phrase it for him to have to withdraw his claim. 

9 minutes ago, Ramos said:

You are 5 minutes away from having to write a self Q and A style post to answer everyone on here! ??

It's felt like that at times! 

I really do appreciate those of you who have chosen to engage with me rather than just hurl abuse.

14 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

It’s quite simple Will and with the greatest respect you don’t know the details of the claim because the claims are baseless, spurious and opportunist at best with zero merit. Let’s see if he takes up Mels offer, if not then as quoted we all know why. 

We don't know the details because it is confidential.