The Administration Thread

Boycie

11 hours ago, ossieram said:

Boro lot reckon the permed one will reject this because his case is against Derby County Ltd. 

Yes but the narrative and look of all parties doing so and not engaging will be horrendous. Only have to look at MPs posts from yesterday evening to see the pressure re the previous narrative peddled of them being ready to go with arbitration and us/Q not engaging in arbitration. I think that is possibly the most salient point from Mel's statement as, if correct, May 2022 does indeed show the collusion and vindictiveness in keeping us unsellable until well into the summer of 2022 mucking up another summer of planning for us. I will not forgive Mel for the financial mismanagement leading us to this point ever but with this I am perhaps understanding why he thought admin was the only option (even if we know it left us at the mercy of the sharks and wolves) although on any sale process he could have indemnified future owners for the claim as happens all of the time in transactions. So still think admin disastrous move but think I understand why he perhaps did it a little more - thinking that with him removed we may get fairer treatment. We didnt so he's back

10 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Meanwhile the Club are losing  brilliant footballers of the future. 
Mel and Gibson are playing games IMO 

It’s incredibly frustrating but we are where we are but we now have a route out 

MM walked away probably because of the mismanagement of himself and of the EFL and the contribution of the Middlesbrough owner whilst the obvious Covid 19 financial hit played a major part - I wish he stayed and paid all the bills before leaving but he didn’t - the EFL are appearing to be rather dodgy on their decision making and the Middlesbrough owner has my upmost contempt for the rest of his days.

Actually on the football pitch I have never been prouder of the players wearing my teams colours 

10 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

This will be the EFLs reply.

After studying the proposal from Mr Melvin Morris, The EFL and it's legal council have again said that this is a "football debt issue" we can't and wont accept a 3rd party getting involved.

We will not be making any further statements on this issue

They can’t say that because they’ve let other clubs out of Admin where a third party has funded the football debts and not the clubs buyers 

11 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I think Mel's offer is masterful. Mel's side will have to negotiate with the High Court to ensure that his offer to transfer liability for the claim from DCFC to himself can be sustained. But if the court approves Mel's offer then the matter is removed completely from the remit of DCFC and the EFL and will simply become MFC v Morris in the High Court. Timescales for settlement there will not affect our club or the administration process. The two parties legal teams can take as long as they want to settle.

Assume he already reviewed the legal side before the statement as he would look ridiculous if not possible

5 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Yes but the narrative and look of all parties doing so and not engaging will be horrendous. Only have to look at MPs posts from yesterday evening to see the pressure re the previous narrative peddled of them being ready to go with arbitration and us/Q not engaging in arbitration. I think that is possibly the most salient point from Mel's statement as, if correct, May 2022 does indeed show the collusion and vindictiveness in keeping us unsellable until well into the summer of 2022 mucking up another summer of planning for us. I will not forgive Mel for the financial mismanagement leading us to this point ever but with this I am perhaps understanding why he thought admin was the only option (even if we know it left us at the mercy of the sharks and wolves) although on any sale process he could have indemnified future owners for the claim as happens all of the time in transactions. So still think admin disastrous move but think I understand why he perhaps did it a little more - thinking that with him removed we may get fairer treatment. We didnt so he's back

Yes, all those EFL/Boro 'statements' going on and on about Boro being ready for arbitration and we were stalling...

May 2022 really should be on a billboard!

3 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Have Q issued a statement supporting and welcoming MMs offer? If not why not. It seems obvious.

We cant moan about collusion on the other side and then want that? Q seem to have decided to not make statements on any of the noise and to just get on with it. Prefer that stance as long as they are getting on with it!

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Look forward not back!

Yes we have to but Mel isn’t by bringing up all his grievances.

It’s not possible for Boro to claim against MM direct IMO.

To be honest not sure this intervention is useful without Mel committing to indemnifying.

It has made a lot of noise but we need actions by government against the EFL 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Yes, all those EFL/Boro 'statements' going on and on about Boro being ready for arbitration and we were stalling...

May 2022 really should be on a billboard!

But Boros latest statement doesn’t use the word Arbitration at all, it’s mediation that EFL and they wanted. But as we all know there is a big difference between mediation and arbitration - mediation stalls the process until arbitration is needed

2 minutes ago, davenportram said:

They can’t say that because they’ve let other clubs out of Admin where a third party has funded the football debts and not the clubs buyers 

DCFCs are not "football debts" the EFL are saying they are, Administraters are saying they're not, The EFL have been given a get out of jail free card here, The outcome is down to Gibson and Middlesboro, With Middlesboros threat to the EFL of suing them...who's calling the shots here.

I'll wager there's been contact between the EFL and Gibson.

1 minute ago, davenportram said:

Which would have taken a long time, et and opinions from several legal beagles. Possibly why it’s taken so long

Yes and why mr de Marco couldnt comment because of "his work" earlier in the saga. Also last horrendous statements from the 3 club-killers which I think were very ill-judged and actually weakened their stance may have been what he was waiting for. If nothing else I think Mel had the element of surprise! 

3 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Have Q issued a statement supporting and welcoming MMs offer? If not why not. It seems obvious.

I see your point and I share your frustrations Eaton with how the administration process has been dragged out. But I think Q ignoring Gibson has been the right tactic. By not responding to him, they have given no recognition to the credibility of the claim. That has clearly wound Gibson up and he couldn't resist repeating the same drivel he came out with last week. His increasing symptoms of Little Man Syndrome get worse by the day.

Also, I expect Q have been aware of Mel's cunning plan for a while now.

39 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

I thought exactly this but I then wondered if he couldn't release his statement until the EFL had ruled on the football/non-football creditor issue when they also mentioned the high court route

I don't think it's coincidence that Mel has now spoken the day after the EFL released a statement and in it admit to "supporting" Boro's claim

1 minute ago, Unlucky Alf said:

DCFCs are not "football debts" the EFL are saying they are, Administraters are saying they're not, The EFL have been given a get out of jail free card here, The outcome is down to Gibson and Middlesboro, With Middlesboros threat to the EFL of suing them...who's calling the shots here.

I'll wager there's been contact between the EFL and Gibson.

So the EFL say they are we contest it. Mel indemnifies for when it’s all sorted to pay them in full if they are classed as football debts, or on the same %as non football creditors got if not classed as football debts.

that way no non football creditors get a better deal than others, MFC WW get what they should get if their claims are upheld.

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Yes we have to but Mel isn’t by bringing up all his grievances.

It’s not possible for Boro to claim against MM direct IMO.

To be honest not sure this intervention is useful without Mel committing to indemnifying.

It has made a lot of noise but we need actions by government against the EFL 

Yes but it allowed him to go public with what he wanted out there including sale of losses and overseas transfers by other clubs with members on EFL board. If he had just quietly agreed to indemnify he wouldnt have got to do the big statement.