The Administration Thread

Boycie

The good news is that due to the amount of pressure that's been focused recently on our plight Boro and Wycombe have both come out with preemptive strikes as PR exercises to try and justify their stances.

Bad news is that they've done that as clearly they both intend to press ahead with their claims.

Edited by Tyler Durden

15 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The good news is that due to the amount of pressure that's been focused recently on our plight Boro and Wycombe have both come out with preemptive strikes as PR exercises to try and justify their stances.

Bad news is that they've done that as clearly they both intend to press ahead with their claims.

they have both said they're willing to compromise though (tiny positive) - massive negative though is that I'm not sure Q are capable of holding a place at that table. 

2 minutes ago, Dai Capp said:

they have both said they're willing to compromise though (tiny positive) - massive negative though is that I'm not sure Q are capable of holding a place at that table. 

The issue that they're putting across is that they can't start to negotiate as they don't know how much of a fighting fund the club have left to allocate as the administrators still haven't agreed how much they are to offer HMRC, Dell etc.

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

The issue that they're putting across is that they can't start to negotiate as they don't know how much of a fighting fund the club have left to allocate as the administrators still haven't agreed how much they are to offer HMRC, Dell etc.

If you were a creditor would you be happy that 'your' money had gone to pay off those two chancers?!

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

The monies to other creditors are of no consquence to the validitiy of their claims or the amount it would be reasonabe to settle them for.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

If you were a creditor would you be happy that 'your' money had gone to pay off those two chancers?!

Not at all but they're obviously both intent of having their slice of the pie and to boot are hiding behind the administrators by saying they are delaying finding out how much that slice is so the blame for the lack of progress is all down to them.

50 minutes ago, Rev said:

It seems we owe so much, to so many, that only a fan or a fool will save us.

Ironic on the day the company Mel sold Candy Crush to has been sold on again for $70bn dollars.

He's probably sitting pretty in the US with another windfall having landed in his lap.

He didn't 'sell' Candy Crush. He was a prominent investor. Undoubtedly a huge windfall for him though.

11 minutes ago, TheSlate said:

He didn't 'sell' Candy Crush. He was a prominent investor. Undoubtedly a huge windfall for him though.

He was the majority shareholder in King, and led them first into an IPO, then a private sale afterwards.

Made $666m dollars from that sale, although he wasn't the only shareholder.

Seems a rather pedantic point you're making, if I'm being honest.

1 minute ago, Rev said:

He was the majority shareholder in King, and led them first into an IPO, then a private sale afterwards.

Made $666m dollars from that sale, although he wasn't the only shareholder.

Seems a rather pedantic point you're making, if I'm being honest.

Really? ?

19 minutes ago, angieram said:

MPs have asked for more help in raising awareness through sharing fans' personal stories on Twitter. 

Please can those of you on Twitter do this? You may have already done it, but if so, please do retweet with the hashtags requested.

Just send them that thread that Chris Lawn (I think) started the other day.

I've listened like most to Radio Derby all day long and a fantastic effort is going on to save our club, however whist Boro, Wycombe and Birch are involved in stopping any progress I feel that we will still be coming up against a brick wall and fear the worse.

IF we go under they have got there way but the EFL will be changed and a proud founder member will be confined to history. 

15 minutes ago, falconram said:

I've listened like most to Radio Derby all day long and a fantastic effort is going on to save our club, however whist Boro, Wycombe and Birch are involved in stopping any progress I feel that we will still be coming up against a brick wall and fear the worse.

IF we go under they have got there way but the EFL will be changed and a proud founder member will be confined to history. 

It is heart warming, but I still wonder how much genuine impact it will have.

If you watch SSN there's no real mention of sympathy, more about Rooney to Everton than anything else.  That's what is being shown and considered nationally.  In our Derby bubble it feels very different, naturally.  But on the wider spectrum, not so much.