The Administration Thread

Boycie

forget the technical stuff. The news this morning that Ashley is in discussions with Gibson suggests we'll be OK. Because it shows Ashley is committed to us and because Ashley has the heft to force Gibson into a deal. And we also have backups in the form of Appleby and Gadsby and even MM. And because Q have now understood what the problems are and what they need to do to fix things

The key signals as to where it's going will be in the transfer market, because so long as we are losing players the situation is not under control. 

If we do not lose more key players, this really could become the most thrilling season in living memory. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that if we keep the current squad, the biggest risk to us is not Gibson or the EFL, it's injuries 

Edited by kevinhectoring

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

forget the technical stuff. The news this morning that Ashley is in discussions with Gibson suggests we'll be OK. Because it shows Ashley is committed to us and because Ashley has the heft to force Gibson into a deal. And we also have backups in the form of Appleby and Gadsby and even MM. And because Q have now understood what the problems are and what they need to do to fix things

The key signals as to where it's going will be in the transfer market, because so long as we are losing players the situation is not under control. 

If we do not lose more key players, this really could become the most thrilling season in living memory. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that if we keep the current squad, the biggest risk to us is not Gibson or the EFL, it's injuries 

It seems Nixon has been getting leaks from somewhere so there may be some truth in it. The other positive is that when you get two businessmen in a room without external involvement (in this case Q and ELF chirping away) they usually come out with a deal. They'll then get the externals involved to make their decision happen.

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I think thats being optimistic. I was watching Downfall last night and it struck me that yesterdays game was being like being in a wild April 1945 Berlin party, great party but because of the imminent defeat. I think we'll only have half a side by next week, and feel like curling up and crying about it. With the us18 and u23 games being on tv and watching them play and come through it would feel like a massive loss for the kids to depart on the cheap.  I hope you are right and my fears are unfounded.

Just so I'm clear, this is how I understand the current situation, feel free to point out where I'm wrong.

The admins have a preferred buyer lined up and ready to proceed, as they'd communicated to Wayne last week.

That preferred buyer won't proceed with the purchase with the claims of Middlesbrough and Wycombe hanging over us, which can't be heard in the law courts, but only through the EFL dispute resolution process.

The EFL don't know what these claims entail, but are insistent that they may be valid and therefore must be heard through an in house process

If the claim was found correct against us, the compensation payable would become a football debt, therefore payable in full.

In turn, as the EFL has no statute of limitation, we could then take QPR to a similar panel for denying us a place in the PL, and have a much stronger case for compensation, as we were 1 game removed from promotion, rather than 3.

None of the above should have been a surprise to the administrators, so to claim the goalposts have been moved at the last minute is disingenuous at best, incompetent at worse.

Neither party seems to be acting in the best interests of DCFC, which while I understand isn't the admins role, would seem to be a failing of the EFL's part.

2 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

I think thats being optimistic. I was watching Downfall last night and it struck me that yesterdays game was being like being in a wild April 1945 Berlin party, great party but because of the imminent defeat. I think we'll only have half a side by next week, and feel like curling up and crying about it. With the us18 and u23 games being on tv and watching them play and come through it would feel like a massive loss for the kids to depart on the cheap.  I hope you are right and my fears are unfounded.

it's a false economy to sell the youngsters on the cheap, when we have a chance of survival. The cost of the drop is much greater. Ultimately MM needs to be there as the backstop providing the shortfall of funds on 1/2. So be careful what you say about him on here

4 minutes ago, Rev said:

Neither party seems to be acting in the best interests of DCFC, which while I understand isn't the admins role, would seem to be a failing of the EFL's part.

I thought your post was perfect until this bit. The EFL are now $hit scared about this. They are not obliged to act in our best interests. As a regulator they need - at least in public - to deal with our situation in exactly the same way as they deal with other insolvencies, ie with a straight bat in accordance with precedent and their rules. 

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

it's a false economy to sell the youngsters on the cheap, when we have a chance of survival. The cost of the drop is much greater. Ultimately MM needs to be there as the backstop providing the shortfall of funds on 1/2. So be careful what you say about him on here

You are of course right, but I fear the pressure will be on the administrators to find the cash by the end of the month by doing everything they can. The Wigan admin sold Geldhart to Leeds

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I thought your post was perfect until this bit. The EFL are now $hit scared about this. They are not obliged to act in our best interests. As a regulator they need - at least in public - to deal with our situation in exactly the same way as they deal with other insolvencies, ie with a straight bat in accordance with precedent and their rules. 

Yeah, I let emotion get the better of me with that part.

11 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

You are of course right, but I fear the pressure will be on the administrators to find the cash by the end of the month by doing everything they can. The Wigan admin sold Geldhart to Leeds

massive irony here. For MM the holy grail became that the academy would be the future of the club, with the odd Bielik thrown in here and there. We are witnessing his dream unfold, cruelly for him, as we watch Bird soaring, Knight on his charger, Tommo with his grenades, the Festival of Festy - and with Bielik yet to roar back into life. No, MM needs to make it clear to the admins that he will do what is needed to stem the flow of talent. 

Edited by kevinhectoring

8 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

So they wouldn’t mind if we did exactly the same to QPR ! I think the whole thing is utterly deplorable but we are now where we are and it possibly could be classed as an asset 

18 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

We are a member of the EFL. In fact a founding member. So yes they are required to act in our best interests, absolutely. 

15 minutes ago, Rev said:

Yeah, I let emotion get the better of me with that part.

Actually you were spot on on the last bit. The EFL are Sh$t scared why else is Rick Parry emailing people from Derby all weekend. It's damage limitation for them.. but it's too late EFL has "lost the dressing room".

And as I say we are a member of EFL , a founding member so of course they have a duty to act in our best interests and the best interests of the fans. They are failing in that duty.. massively.  

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Actually you were spot on on the last bit. The EFL are Sh$t scared why else is Rick Parry emailing people from Derby all weekend. It's damage limitation for them.. but it's too late EFL has "lost the dressing room".

And as I say we are a member of EFL , a founding member so of course they have a duty to act in our best interests and the best interests of the fans. They are failing in that duty.. massively.  

It's weird, who the hell do you think has been emailing people? 

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

They need to be seen as neutral though.

We don't however, the time has come for direct action. 

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

nope   they need to steer a course that serves the best interests of their membership as a whole   Sorry to be dull 

That includes us, we are a member,  and the member most in need of help right now.  Giving any credence or status to Boro and Wycombe claims is not in the interest of any football club. Not even Boro or Wycombe because it brings them into disrepute. I think you are quite tone deaf  about this, have you been on the internet since Friday apart from this forum?