The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Deadmans Lane is off London Road near the Portland Pub, Which runs to where Bombardier is now.

Chadd sidings is where all the trains parked up well away for Deadmans Lane, We used to put a penny (1d) on the tracks...wait...then collect a piece of flat copper, You could get 2 black jacks for a penny in the 60s, We were minted ?

You could get 4 blackjacks or fruit salads for a penny but that could have been in the 50's. Those were the days??

6 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

8 for 1 new pence when I were a lad. 

That was the backwoods of Belper mind.... 

1/2 a pence each at the Tunnel shop when I were a lad.

Then a brief period when the half pence was withdrawn you'd get two for a penny, they soon stopped that though.

Probably 5 for a quid nowadays.

Only went it because they had the WWF arcade game, 10p a pop to be The Ultimate Warrior or Hulk Hogan, bargain 

Edited by Rev

24 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/Derby-set-row-efl-turning-184106197.html

Don’t know how much more Derby fans can take of this. Any more proof the efl and other clubs want us gone 

469CFC85-44EB-426C-A600-21504E40948C.jpeg

I still sense this is getting closer and closer to someone getting into preferred bidder status

- the administrators are talking to Boro to resolve that situation

-someone is telling by the administrators to turn down those bids 

-clubs trying to get our players before the door shuts

-if we are allowed to extend and sort out some contracts

I could be wrong, and there’s a lot of noise right now, but none of that is now saying ‘there’s a lot to sort out still’. I’m putting my cards on the table and saying this must now be close

1 hour ago, jono said:

They can cause as much trouble as possible, they already are, but they can’t get themselves on a creditors list.

They haven’t provided goods and services, they haven’t been granted a court order for damages. This is commerce and law. 
The only thing they are is a commercial risk for a would be buyer. 

It’s interesting to note ..have we seen a notice of legal action  served on Derby County by either club ? Has any legal action been started ? It’s a Damp squib, paper tigers, vexatious nonsense. I am staggered (but not surprised) that the EFL has been so dilatory, incompetent and weak. They should, by any reasonable judgment, have told Boro and Wycombe to stop challenging their authority and damaging the reputation of the competition. ( Is there a possible points deduction for doing this ? ) 

Absolutely, I phrased my “strong arm the EFL” comment poorly. I meant it to mean they would use the EFL to poo stir!

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

I still sense this is getting closer and closer to someone getting into preferred bidder status

- the administrators are talking to Boro to resolve that situation

-someone is telling by the administrators to turn down those bids 

-clubs trying to get our players before the door shuts

-if we are allowed to extend and sort out some contracts

I could be wrong, and there’s a lot of noise right now, but none of that is now saying ‘there’s a lot to sort out still’. I’m putting my cards on the table and saying this must now be close

Rooney! Even the admin recognise that if you strip a squad of it's few assets then that devalues the Club.

1 hour ago, Wignall12 said:

Challenge their Authority ? 

There's a Boro' on the board isn't there ? ....please correct me if wrong . CONFLICT OF INTEREST ?!!?

I don’t know Wignall. The board will clearly have members on it from competing clubs, the question is what, in the rules is there about them voting on individual issues involving their own club ? You’d have thought there would be something ?

38 minutes ago, tinman said:

The same as we had a man on the board for years?

But perhaps their man is trying to delay our sale ? ...........didnt our man step down out of the hoo haa ? 

Not saying thats what is happening but there is surely a conflict of interest there ? 

3 minutes ago, jono said:

I don’t know Wignall. The board will clearly have members on it from competing clubs, the question is what, in the rules is there about them voting on individual issues involving their own club ? You’d have thought there would be something ?

Of course there is, this was confirmed when clubs were complaining about our man being on the board.

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

1960s as I remember that and I am not that old! 

I remember penny arrows and at decimalisation they stayed at a penny. I felt robbed ?. Anyone remember the small dairy milks that were 2d or 3d .

my gran would give us 6d to spend in the cheap corner of the sweet shop.  It was tough work maximising the take in terms of volume per penny ? fizzes, love hearts, black jacks, penny arrows 

5 minutes ago, jono said:

There's 6 I believe.

1 from Boro

1 from Forest

Risdale from PNE (ex-Leeds)

Jez Moxey at Burton

Fleetwood

and one other.

You could make an argument on bias for 3 of those people, although you would hope and probably believe that they are beyond partisanship.

18 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

You could get 4 blackjacks or fruit salads for a penny but that could have been in the 50's. Those were the days??

Yep, I wasn't too sure, I thought 4 was too many, But now come to think of it ?, My Dad would come home from work with sticks of chewing wood, Remember them, It wasn't until years later I found out he woud collect the sticks from the wood on Chadd park, I was eating Oak tree twiggs for years, Now I know why my skin turned yellow in the Autumn