Points Target By Jan

DCFC1388

I can understand all the doom & gloom after last nights performance as it was pretty pathetic.

However, my question is how many points off 4th bottom should be our minimum aim by the time we get to Jan?

By Jan we will hopefully be out of admin & be in a position to strengthen.

Imo if we're in the same position as we are now in terms of 7pts off 4th bottom I think with some new attackers + Bielik hopefully close to match fitness in Jan we can still have a chance of staying up.

Also, in comparison to last season we have 1 point more than we did last year & managed to stay up, obviously we have -12 but that could end up being more or less. We beat Millwall away in our 16th game, lets hope we can do the same this weekend in our 17th game.

Last night has happened, we cant change it but we still need to support the team & help them to keep fighting to give ourselves the best chance possible, especially with Bournemouth & Fulham coming after the international break.

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I can understand all the doom & gloom after last nights performance as it was pretty pathetic.

However, my question is how many points off 4th bottom should be our minimum aim by the time we get to Jan?

By Jan we will hopefully be out of admin & be in a position to strengthen.

Imo if we're in the same position as we are now in terms of 7pts off 4th bottom I think with some new attackers + Bielik hopefully close to match fitness in Jan we can still have a chance of staying up.

Also, in comparison to last season we have 1 point more than we did last year & managed to stay up, obviously we have -12 but that could end up being more or less. We beat Millwall away in our 16th game, lets hope we can do the same this weekend in our 17th game.

Last night has happened, we cant change it but we still need to support the team & help them to keep fighting to give ourselves the best chance possible, especially with Bournemouth & Fulham coming after the international break.

Major point you've overlooked is that one of the teams we were competing to avoid relegation had been deducted 12 points or 6 on appeal depending on when you are taking your league position comparison against this time last year from.

So already were not comparing apples with apples as we scraped staying up on the last game of the season even with having a 6 point artificial advantage over the Wendies.

17 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Not sure how many games it is, but we should be aiming to be less than 3 points away. Our goal difference gives us an 'extra point'.

image.png.e0cbb0a2734f78e1a52d9623e5e4604c.png

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Major point you've overlooked is that one of the teams we were competing to avoid relegation had been deducted 12 points or 6 on appeal depending on when you are taking your league position comparison against this time last year from.

So already were not comparing apples with apples as we scraped staying up on the last game of the season even with having a 6 point artificial advantage over the Wendies.

I understand that, this season we're in Sheff W position almost so if they nearly stayed up there is no reason we cant put ourselves in a decent position if we can strengthen in Jan.

Hence my question of how close to 4th bottom do we need to be by Jan. To overturn 7pts in the 2nd half of the season imo is achievable with a stronger squad to pick from. If we can get a fully fit Bielik for the last half of the season we will do much better imo.

Having the best goal difference only gives you half a point in reality. But is amazing that year after year the 4th bottom team gets to the 50 pt mark. So if we aim for 62pts we need to average around  1 . 3 points per game. If you have a bad run , you need a good run to compensate.

There seems to be a lot of hope based on being able to do business in January. There is an awful lot that still needs to happen in less than 10 weeks or so. We could equally end up weaker in January.

Also, a lot of hope being pushed on Bielik. He is that good but I fear the danger of rushing him back, 2 major knee injuries in successive seasons, injuries previous, the way he plays. 

10 games until into January. Leaves us 20 to go. I would imagine we have to ensure that 7 point gap to 4th bottom gets no bigger as an absolute minimum. Anything more and I fear it is done. 

I don't want to put a downer on it

But if we are out of administration, and can sign a couple of players, who wants to come here? Will the club and Rooneys name be enough to sign anyone substantial in Jan? 

It's going to take a big effort from the talent accusation team, and I'm not so sure they've covered themselves in glory the last few years

I'm tracking the relegation positions in the stats thread..at the start of the season I was using 62 points (net 50) as a fairly comfortable baseline for safety. 

At the moment the tracking is still suggesting that 56 (net 44) could be enough..this could well change but if its in that ballpark we really do still have everything to play for..

Edited by Yani P

8 hours ago, LERam said:

But if we are out of administration, and can sign a couple of players, who wants to come here? Will the club and Rooneys name be enough to sign anyone substantial in Jan? 

It's going to take a big effort from the talent accusation team, and I'm not so sure they've covered themselves in glory the last few years

Who will come here? Loan players probably.

5x Premier League loans until the end of the season and maybe 1 or 2 signings from League One perhaps?

The loans go back and the worst that'll happen to the League One players is they'll end up back in League One, or they could play really well and get themselves another Championship club in the summer.

10 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Having a points target is like having those friends with a 5 year plan for meeting man, getting engaged, married, baby etc. As soon as the first target is missed total despair and depression. Just play like every game matters. 

Or like giving up smoking, you set yourself a goal and keep trying until you're successful! #COYR

12 hours ago, LERam said:

Don't worry everything is going to be ok.... Bielik is going to come back from injury and single handedly keep us up

9 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

There you go, you can say something positive ?

Just be mindful please that we've just gone past World Mental Health Day and that not everyones brain is wired in the same way as another persons.....so if someone is posting perceived negative comments then they should not be made out as as a pariah and their views respected in the same manner as someone who could be posting consistently wildly optimistic material.