Attendances

This may be a daft question and maybe have already been answered somewhere else, but why isn’t the attendance announced anymore?

There used to be the announcement  of the crowd and then “Derby county thank you for your support”

but no more this season it seems?

Anyone know what it was Yesterday (Blackburn)?

Andrew

45 minutes ago, Andrew1 said:

This may be a daft question and maybe have already been answered somewhere else, but why isn’t the attendance announced anymore?

There used to be the announcement  of the crowd and then “Derby county thank you for your support”

but no more this season it seems?

Anyone know what it was Yesterday (Blackburn)?

Andrew

Thanks Dave, I don’t do facetwitter or such.

still strange they don’t make the announcement.

interestingly Blackburn were the last before COVID and it was 26000 odd.

8 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

That's a bit of an over-exaggeration.  I doubt there were still 18k in the ground by the time we scored.  Away fans had good reason to be singing "Time to go" on 80 mins!  

There'd still have been more than the official attendance at an average Blackburn Rovers home fixture though!

Blackburn probably bought about eight hundred to a thousand, so 21k for a team at the bottom of the division with all that's going on (at DCFC and in the world) is a pretty sterling effort. I agree with the OP, that needs recognising rather than ignoring.

Edited by BaaLocks

5 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Blackburn probably bought about eight hundred to a thousand, so 21k for a team at the bottom of the division with all that's going on (at DCFC and in the world) is a pretty sterling effort. I agree with the OP, that needs recognising rather than ignoring.

Especially when you compare our attendances with Blackburn's and many others, we are doing OK.

Saturday was my first visit since Covid. Formerly there were around me a dozen or more ST holders who I had chatted to for between 10 and 20 years. Only two of us were there! I am hoping all of the others have either moved seats or are just not comfortable turning up at the moment. Missing them was worse than witnessing what happened on the pitch.

8 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Attendance: 22,098 (1,241 visiting supporters)