RamsTrust

RamsfanJim

On 28/10/2021 at 14:41, enachops said:

Is it realistic to expect them to be a board member? Also, is that there objective? I’m not sure it is. I, and others were in agreement that RamsTrust should move on quickly in regards to discussing being a board member so the administration process moved on more swiftly. They can’t win with some fans. 

Board membership is most definitely the ‘Golden Fleece’ - but that’s when the real ‘Game of Thrones’ would start In those dark smokey corridors of inner sanctum, where they’d be sliding down those corridors with their backs firmly attached to the wall, fearful of who would inflict the swift bladed strike in pursuit of that ‘Golden Fleece’  -  that’s almost poetic ?

See, this is typical of the RT.

They've joined this forum for one reason only, even admitting that they'd never really heard of us, even though the guys on here have been attending meetings with Mel for years.

Infact Jim has no desire to engage in any other topics on here, he just wants to spout his mantra and get people to pay to join his little super fan club.

2 hours ago, Keepyuppy said:

Board membership is most definitely the ‘Golden Fleece’ - but that’s when the real ‘Game of Thrones’ would start In those dark smokey corridors of inner sanctum, where they’d be sliding down those corridors with their backs firmly attached to the wall, fearful of who would inflict the swift bladed strike in pursuit of that ‘Golden Fleece’  -  that’s almost poetic ?

Get Netflix involved.?

17 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

What do you get for your 2 quid....like mailing list, online discussion forum (not Twitter), newsletters, updates etc?

I understand that you are then eligible to vote after you pay your subs but was looking for things beyond that as above.

2 quid?

It's only £1 according to website, that's right eh @RamsfanJim

28 minutes ago, Philmycock said:

See, this is typical of the RT.

They've joined this forum for one reason only, even admitting that they'd never really heard of us, even though the guys on here have been attending meetings with Mel for years.

Infact Jim has no desire to engage in any other topics on here, he just wants to spout his mantra and get people to pay to join his little super fan club.

Not true (again) I have heard of, and read occasionally, multiple DCFC forums. Representatives from this forum have also attended some of those meetings. We reported back to our members and publicly, we don't need to post on every forum as well. 

I joined because I was advised this was a well run site where we wouldn't just get abuse but constructive debate. I have to say it has been mixed so far.. 

I would like RamsTrust to be as representative as possible, and haven't yet seen anything to say that isn't the case. I absolutely accept that some people don't want to join, or have any groups representing them, but I still believe having RamsTrust gives fans a voice which the club listens to (even if they don't always act). This should be a standard part of every club, and clubs are already mandated to meet with them - and this is likely to be strengthened soon. 

I am confused that people have complained I didn't join this forum earlier - they could all have approached RamsTrust earlier if they had wanted to engage. I am trying to improve things, and get criticised for it... 

7 hours ago, RamsfanJim said:

Not true (again) I have heard of, and read occasionally, multiple DCFC forums. Representatives from this forum have also attended some of those meetings. We reported back to our members and publicly, we don't need to post on every forum as well. 

I joined because I was advised this was a well run site where we wouldn't just get abuse but constructive debate. I have to say it has been mixed so far.. 

I would like RamsTrust to be as representative as possible, and haven't yet seen anything to say that isn't the case. I absolutely accept that some people don't want to join, or have any groups representing them, but I still believe having RamsTrust gives fans a voice which the club listens to (even if they don't always act). This should be a standard part of every club, and clubs are already mandated to meet with them - and this is likely to be strengthened soon. 

I am confused that people have complained I didn't join this forum earlier - they could all have approached RamsTrust earlier if they had wanted to engage. I am trying to improve things, and get criticised for it... 

Jim, there have been numerous posts hidden from view. Be assured this forum is well run.

7 hours ago, RamsfanJim said:

Why should we join you, you join us, we're more relevant than you

17 hours ago, RamsfanJim said:

Because you didn’t do the Job of the Fans properly. 
what do you want a pay on the back? 

I'm sorry but to come on here bashing the forum, people in glass houses Jim. 
you’ve proved that RT has no democracy and it’s all about your Ego 

12 hours ago, Philmycock said:

Why should we join you, you join us, we're more relevant than you

As @Boyciesaid, I believe RT is the recognised group with the authorities, like it or not, I would argue that makes them more relevant.  I don't see the administrators or EFL giving this forum the opportunity to meet and discuss......

1 hour ago, WestLondonRam said:

Because you didn’t do the Job of the Fans properly. 
what do you want a pay on the back? 

I'm sorry but to come on here bashing the forum, people in glass houses Jim. 
you’ve proved that RT has no democracy and it’s all about your Ego 

I'm sorry, but I have just read the whole thread, and I don't recall @RamsfanJimbashing the forum, the amount of time he's taken to respond and explain is commendable. Yes, some of what he says will upset some here, some may agree totally and some may not care, but I appreciate the time he's taken out to answer the questions, I'm not overly active posting on here, but i do read everything, and tbh there is plenty of rubbish said but also plenty of good views and comments,  that's what you get from a large group of diverse people. 

What I would ask of Jim though, if it is possible to answer, what are the membership numbers and demographic, do you know the ages? Do they have ST's, where do they sit? Obviously with GDPR that would have to have been voluntarily given by individuals, just purely because there is a perception due to those that are visible.

12 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

As @Boyciesaid, I believe RT is the recognised group with the authorities, like it or not, I would argue that makes them more relevant.  I don't see the administrators or EFL giving this forum the opportunity to meet and discuss......

I'm sorry, but I have just read the whole thread, and I don't recall @RamsfanJimbashing the forum, the amount of time he's taken to respond and explain is commendable. Yes, some of what he says will upset some here, some may agree totally and some may not care, but I appreciate the time he's taken out to answer the questions, I'm not overly active posting on here, but i do read everything, and tbh there is plenty of rubbish said but also plenty of good views and comments,  that's what you get from a large group of diverse people. 

What I would ask of Jim though, if it is possible to answer, what are the membership numbers and demographic, do you know the ages? Do they have ST's, where do they sit? Obviously with GDPR that would have to have been voluntarily given by individuals, just purely because there is a perception due to those that are visible.

Thanks, I wasn't 'bashing the forum' just commenting on my experience so far. 

No, we haven't done a member survey for many years. We could look at doing this, and combine with asking members what more we should be doing - but we will then need more volunteers to do it! 

Once the club has come through this, we could look at this. 

I really don’t get why people are so up tight. It feels like some people have got a vendetta against the club’s official supporters group. I can’t put my finger on it but some of them are decent humorous posters, others I probably would expect.

Other things I have seen is people holding a grudge going back 15 years or more. Good grief!! Time moves on the only people I know who grasp onto things from the past have extra fingers and toes. 
I suppose everyone has their opinion but I for one would like to think as supporters of the same club we all have some common ground to start with. 

If people aren’t happy with something why not have a constructive discussion about where you think it went wrong and what could be done better rather than completely dismissing everything going forward.

9 minutes ago, RamsfanJim said:

Thanks, I wasn't 'bashing the forum' just commenting on my experience so far. 

No, we haven't done a member survey for many years. We could look at doing this, and combine with asking members what more we should be doing - but we will then need more volunteers to do it! 

Once the club has come through this, we could look at this. 

It takes 10 minutes to knock up a survey monkey survey and email it out to your distribution list. Job done.  Hardly ipsos mori. 

1 hour ago, tinman said:

It takes 10 minutes to knock up a survey monkey survey and email it out to your distribution list. Job done.  Hardly ipsos mori. 

Agreed, but other than to answer the above questions, what would we do with the results? Holding a survey creates an expectation that we will act upon the results, and at present we have other priorities.