Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

16 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

So there’s no difference between...

a new owner selected by the admins coming in and choosing to continue with the same manager

a manager using his clout to select the new owner (on the basis that the manager will continue)

Not that really matters Mel.

8 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I think they said they hoped the takeover would be completed by Christmas, not that it would. I know we could get fees for players but a fire sale would mean getting maybe much less than they are worth. Not sure how that helps anyone.  

Other than the creditors .

The administrators have to look after the creditors the best they can as they are a priority.

Even a takeover needs to address the creditors 

A lot of people getting there knickers in a twist about Rooney's influence.  Whether Rooney likes a particular person or not nobody else will care.  Basically before any final agreement is made with HMRC, they will need to scrutinise all offers made, to ensure what there offered is reflected by what someone's willing to pay. They won't take a million quid less because Wayne likes him and he likes twitter. Pride Park could have been listed as a community asset which would have helped in that regard, now it's seems to be in the hands of an American company due to loans taken against it that's not possible.   The administrators will only care about how much someone can front up and if they have acceptable funds going forward for 2 years to cover continuing costs - basically can they pay wages and pay rent/ keep the lights on in the stadium.   Incoming players aren't their concern but outgoing players are and they'll be working on that now if we're not sold by January to cover wages.  We don't have to find all this money to pay the debt in one go, it will likely be structured over 2-3 years with any additional liability or credit being paid within 2 weeks, to avoid default and everything becoming due at once.   

9 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Other than the creditors .

The administrators have to look after the creditors the best they can as they are a priority.

Even a takeover needs to address the creditors 

A fire sale will not help the creditors, far from it. If we get a decent offer for a player that's a different matter.

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

A fire sale will not help the creditors, far from it. If we get a decent offer for a player that's a different matter.

Agreed, selling a £3m rated asset for £1m (for example) only serves to reduce the value of the business by £2m to a potential buyer.

Unless we desperately need cash to keep the business going, a fire sale of our young players would be madness.

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Not true .

A fire sale is a slang term meaning that assets have to be sold to collect money quickly to try and avoid liquidation IMO 

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Agreed, selling a £3m rated asset for £1m (for example) only serves to reduce the value of the business by £2m to a potential buyer.

Unless we desperately need cash to keep the business going, a fire sale of our young players would be madness.

That’s a worst case scenario if a takeover can’t be completed 

2 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Are you missing the point that the administrator said when somebody becomes the preferred buyer they have to put down a large non returnable deposit that will keep us going through January

Good point but I hardly see anyone putting down a non returnable deposit until it’s all signed and sealed .
Hope you are right though and hope it happens .

Certainly has put a different perspective on it .

8 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Good point but I hardly see anyone putting down a non returnable deposit until it’s all signed and sealed .
Hope you are right though and hope it happens .

Certainly has put a different perspective on it .

Think it might have been said on black and white podcast when they interviewed an administrator but cannot be sure. 

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Not true .

A fire sale is a slang term meaning that assets have to be sold to collect money quickly to try and avoid liquidation IMO 

A fire sale when you have an imminent takeover makes no sense. It could put off a buyer who was wanting to acquire those assets. So reducing the payout to creditors. 

36 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

why would it matter, if a club puts itself in a position where it can’t sack its manager ? 

As I said before why couldn’t the manager sack them self? There is absolutely nothing to suggest what you say is vaguely likely to happen. But on the other hand Mel sacked so many we could do with some Clough style stability! 

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

As with all businesses, cash flow is the important factor. I could be corrected, my understanding is that the football club, under administration, has had to secure additional borrowing to pay wages and keep the lights on. Therefore, as with cost cutting redundancies, asset sales cannot be ruled out. 

If there's a fire sale to survive then so be, I don't want my football club gone. If anyone wants to buy us with the debt we have I take my hat otf to them, now isn't the time to be start saying I don't want him or them, if its a choice of beening around next season and beyond I'm in. If I can win the euro millions I would pay it off but that wont happen. Get behind anyone who wants to save our club

55 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Not wanting to be pedantic but it says will increase available funds .

Thats fine as long as it’s enough without sales .

The administrators have said they don’t anticipate players sales but haven’t completely ruled it out. 

the takeover is now anticipated to slip into late January, will you need to raise additional funds to reach this point?

We may do, but when the preferred bidder is selected they will need to provide a significant non-refundable deposit which will increase available funds. The delays have been largely due to negotiations with the EFL and the legal challenges from other clubs.