Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

19 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

No but I did list a disaster as a possible reason for pulling out and my initial post was in response to the statement that the preferred bidder would only have seen estimates and may pull out when they saw the actual figures.

Not expecting that much from the minutes.

I would expect Hmrc has agreed in principle so everything needs to be finalised. But just guessing really.

44 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I also think preferred bidder being announced just before Christmas would suggest HMRC still isn't sorted

I can't see anyone stumping up £5m if they don't know what they're being expected to commit to. 

Preferred bidder status buys them exclusivity to finalise legal details etc, but the fundamentals of the deal must surely be agreed beforehand? 

26 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I can't see anyone stumping up £5m if they don't know what they're being expected to commit to. 

Preferred bidder status buys them exclusivity to finalise legal details etc, but the fundamentals of the deal must surely be agreed beforehand? 

I think it's "preferred bidder" means that bid "won" over other bids, but the deal is not done. I'm guessing as much as anyone else but it's surely good in terms of actually having a bid and being able to move to closing a deal.

Everything could still go wrong of course.

42 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I'm happy to be wrong, but I thought preffered bidder stage would require a non refundable deposit; I honestly thought one of the administrators said that.

36 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm happy to be wrong, but I thought preffered bidder stage would require a non refundable deposit; I honestly thought one of the administrators said that.

That's what I meant, in response to the OP. I don't see how any party would accept the terms the Administrators require of a PB unless something as critical as agreement of terms by the Preferential Creditors were already agreed - it's fundamental, not a minor detail. At least, that's what I'd want in their shoes. 

1 hour ago, Indy said:

So the sale isn’t technically done, but in reality it is unless the buyer decides to pull out.

Please God they can’t give someone exclusivity and the right to walk away, that’s straight from the famous acquisitions and disposals textbook, ‘Mel Morris manual of mishaps and mistakes’ 

Edited by kevinhectoring

4 hours ago, Philmycock said:

Stop hectoring him, Kev

It’s like the tragic tale of the scorpion in a flood who strikes a non- aggression pact with a frog who kindly agrees to swim them both to safety. And half way across the raging torrent, the scorpion stings the frog, who gasps: ‘why did you do that scorpion, now we’ll both surely die ?’  And the scorpion replies  ‘I’m very sorry. It’s just that ... it’s in my nature’

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Please God they can’t give someone exclusivity and the right to walk away, that’s straight from the famous acquisitions and disposals textbook, ‘Mel Morris manual of mishaps and mistakes’ 

I imagine they can or maybe even have to. I have no idea. But I guess they would forfeit a very sizeable deposit.

5 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Surely the preferred bidder can pull out at any time for any reason (although they may lose a non refundable payment) and whilst the figures may only be estimates they shouldn’t be a million miles (or million pounds) off the mark given bidders will have had access to all the figures. They will know who all the creditors are and how much they are owed (even we know that) and what percentage has been offered. I’d like to think they’ve also got a reasonable handle on running costs as well so that shouldn’t be a deal breaker either.

They must have provided details of where they’re going to get the money from so, off the top of my head, the only reasons I can think the preferred bidder would pull out (baring some unforeseen disaster) is if they got cold feet (but not due to new information) or their backers pulled out.

Don’t think it’s hard for the best and final offer to be required to be binding if the admins accept it. With omicron going through the roof the admins should be hell bent on getting a contractual commitment urgently

7 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Don’t think it’s hard for the best and final offer to be required to be binding if the admins accept it. With omicron going through the roof the admins should be hell bent on getting a contractual commitment urgently

Well said. We need to get the offers from the 3 parties and work as swiftly as possible to get the best one signed on the dotted line.

8 minutes ago, RamsfanJim said:

I believe RamsTrust email is working - but I haven't received any mails today...

Jim, are we just waiting for the nod from the administrators for those meeting minutes? Do we have any indication as to when they will be available?

6 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Surely the preferred bidder can pull out at any time for any reason (although they may lose a non refundable payment) and whilst the figures may only be estimates they shouldn’t be a million miles (or million pounds) off the mark given bidders will have had access to all the figures. They will know who all the creditors are and how much they are owed (even we know that) and what percentage has been offered. I’d like to think they’ve also got a reasonable handle on running costs as well so that shouldn’t be a deal breaker either.

They must have provided details of where they’re going to get the money from so, off the top of my head, the only reasons I can think the preferred bidder would pull out (baring some unforeseen disaster) is if they got cold feet (but not due to new information) or their backers pulled out.

Makes sense on what you say but I was quoting somebody very close to the action. Was said only the preferred bidder knows the exact figure. By this I guess and it is a guess they might not know the tax deal numbers just that a deal has been reached.